Dangerous Looking Knockoffs.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdicon, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    I was at a local Dollar tree today and I saw some cool little knockoffs.

They are of Legends Scourge and Leo-Breaker. They are the size of regular legends. The packaging looks like the titanium figures but the paper is black and it says "transforming chage bot" or something like that. They each come in 3 colors and they look like they are put together well but the paint looks like it's flaky and there's Probably all kinds of lead in it. I might get them just to get the paint off and paint them myself. I took pics but I can't post right now.

If any of yall have them or have pics post'em for me and let me know if they are worth it. (the whole doller and all)

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So just because the paint doesn't stick, means it has lead in it?

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Logic? What's that? :) 

The actual Legends figures can't be all that expensive to pick up, and both of them got repainted alongside Classics, so I don't see any particular reason you need them. But I'm not a KO collector either.

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

lead

Ya, most of the knock offs at dollar stores are just sub par plastic, not toxic.

And actually, Lead paint stays on better then normal paint, it flakes over time but you try to take off some old paint and see how hard it is to remove.

This, whole lead thing has made people go crazy, even the company said most of it was design flaws, not paint.

5. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    My logic is as follows
    Paint with higher amounts of lead is cheaper. The paint appears to be really cheap. It's flaking off in the package. They cost 1 dollar each. (2 for 1 during sale week)
    I'll try to add pics soon though.

6. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I wouldn't worry about it. If knockoffs were covered in lead paint all the time, I and half the people in the kitbash forums would be drooling on themselves by now. I am sanding and repainting knockoffs daily.

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even expensive paint doesn't stick well to the wrong material that it was designed for, it doesn't mean there's any lead in it. Otherwise any time paint flaked off of something, most of america would be zombies by now due to lead everywhere. And even then, the amounts of lead in most lead paints are still fairly low, it's just a matter of how it builds up over time.

8. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I don't recall anyone yelling up about the G.1 Mexican Wheeljack which contained tons of lead in the paint, which is why the IGA version is more beige-whiteish than white.
    [​IMG]

9. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

:lolol  I got those a week a go at the Dollar Tree near me :D