Dang Microsoft.......

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jan 26, 2012.

1. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I honestly don't know what's going on, but I think Microsoft should really start trying to catch up with Sony when it comes to Console-Exclusive Content.

First, Playstation got Zurg for Toy Story 3. It's not a big deal, but it's a fact I had to mention. What did Xbox get? Nothing.

Then, we wished for a Xbox-Exclusive Character in Mortal Kombat 9, but instead Playstation got Kratos and gave Xbox the ability to use our Avatar in King Of The Hill.

And right now Playstation is getting Mega-Man, Pacman, Cole, and the Sony Cats in Street Fighter X Tekken, but nothing for the 360.

I LOVE playing my 360 (though I need to get a new one), but Microsoft NEEDS to catch up with Sony or else Sony might get more spotlight since they'll have more content.

2. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Or we just don't do this exclusive stuff at all. I know that won't happen, but I don't really like the idea of having to buy a whole new console to get 1 game/item.

3. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

MS usually pays to get DLC for a lot of the big titles to come out on the 360 a month earlier than it does on the PS3, which I feel is a pretty big thing.

4. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

I thought it was just COD that they did that with. Though getting COD to do that is a major thing, considering the market for it.

5. Atomsplitter

Call of Duty, Fallout 3 ( PSN wasn't even going to get the DLC at first [and maybe it happened with New Vegas too, but I don't think so on that one]), Skyrim are the ones that pop to my mind, but I feel like there was 1 other really big game that it happened with too.

EDIT: Oh Yeah, GTA 4 was another one.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'd also like to mention playing as Joker in Arkham Asylum. A little strange, but nonetheless fun.

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Shut up and go play Halo...
    Goddammit do I envy those who can play Halo.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I have both, so it really doesn't matter to me

9. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

rumor is HALO 4 is coming on the PS3..i hope its not true but it out there..

10. Atomsplitter

And i'm sure it'll be starring Mario and Luigi too :rolleyes: 

11. kaos

i think it was said at the last CES or at least hinted at..try not to be so condescending bro ...only say n what i heard:rolleyes: ..its only a matter of time before we start seeing cross platformers on systems..sony's cash cow MGS crossed over as well as the FF line ... why is it unlikely that the beloved HALO(and i love me some HALO) would be spared such a fate....its not... the likelyhood of it is small...but i wouldnt discount it as of yet..

12. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Don't kid yourself.

Halo is the Xbox star title, the day it goes on Ps3 is the day the world ends, and no I am not anti-ps3, I just don't ever believe something like Halo would ever get on the Ps3, I mean that's like Uncharted going on 360.

13. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Only problem with that theory is that MGS is owned by Konami and are free to put their franchise wherever they want while Halo is fully owned by Microsoft.

14. kaos

only relaying what was rumored... dont kill the messenger....and im not kidding myself...i could careless which system it comes out..i own them all, so im not missing anything....would it be wierd...yes..would i discount it..no..look at it this way..how much more money would MS tend to gain if they released HALO on the PS3..in the end its all about money...and MS is about the dollar...

15. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

That's redundant.

The reason Halo is on xbox exclusively in the first place is because of money. Because MS wants people to buy THEIR console and not the competition.

16. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

This thread made my day. I haven't been this amused in a long time. Kaos' profile says he's 31 but that is the logic of a 12 year old.

As for the topic. I generally don't mind exclusives for one console over the other. They're generally small things that don't really add a whole lot for me. I did love all the rage when MS would do it, but once Sony had started it was silence. The SFxT thing sucks though/ I didn't mind Cole (or Kratos in MK), but putting in platform agnostic characters on one system only is crap.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The SFxT thing really pissed me off. I was looking forward to maining Bad Box Art Megaman, but I'm only getting the pc version. The only way I'll be satisfied is if Dan becomes a DLC character down the line.

18. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

riiiight.

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    This isn't towards you, more towards the rumor itself:

Halo will never be on the Playstation. It would be one of the absolute dumbest moves Microsoft could make.

20. kaos

Yes I am 31 also where the hell do u get off insulting people u prick. Did I insult anyone.... No. People like u are a cancer on this site. The next time I'm down range protecting ur ignorant douche bag of a human ass I hope I kill one less terrorist and he shows u some prober respect in person. Like I said it's a rumor. they never said halo but did hint that exclusive games would and could cross over from both systems. Report if must I could care less. U spoke ur mind and I spoke mine. U Internet jocks make me laugh. Big talk when ur anonymous hiding behind ur screen but I bet u 15k none of u cowards would say half this shit to my or anyone elses face. So how bout y'all just STFU and let people enjoy this site. Bunch of little punks. Parents really need to beat some kids.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012