Dang it, I'm starting to like the PS3...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bendimus Prime, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So out of all the next generation systems, all I have is the Wii right now. I've been looking mainly at the 360, but the more RRoDs I read about has somewhat put me off. So last night, my buddy brought over his new PS3 with Assassins Creed and Ratchet & Clank Future.

I really had a lot of fun with it, and now that the Orange Box is coming to the system, I think I might be getting one when I get my big check in two weeks.

Anyone else becoming a PS3 convert?

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'd like one, but only once the price is more reasonable.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    What's wrong with wanting a PS3?
    If you want it, get it.

However, (don't hate on me) if the Orange Box is your game of preference, you may want to consider the 360. Word on the interwebs is that the PS3 Orange Box has issues -although I don't know that firsthand.

4. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just buy it and get it over with. Play some games, watch some blu ray movies if you have a 1080p tv, Hell, I like even just being able to watch youtube on my tv without hooking up the laptop.

5. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Nope.

Though an eventual price of $199 or under will make me think differently. There are no games I have interest in and BR movies are still too expensive.

6. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

When it hits $300 for a version that still has backwards compatibility then I'll convert. I need me some Warhawk. I'll still choose the 360 version over any PS3 version just for the Achievements and Xbox Live.

7. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's too bad. If I pick a PS3 up, I might wait and see if they release a fixed version. One thing I was wondering, how is the PS3 online play?

8. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

Wrong. If your going to buy the orange box buy it on the PC where it can shine. Valve has not issued any of the patches to fix alot of whats wrong with Team Fortress 2 and the console community from what I hear really can't play that game to it's full advantage.

I own one and the games I most look forward to buying are Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted and Rock Band. I only own Call of Duty 4 right now and the online has me wanting more. Maybe it's the same on the 360 but I doub't it.

Anyway I'm sure once I pick up some of my old PS2 games I'll see different but for now I'm still on the fence.

9. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I am a PS3 convert.

I finally bit the bullet shortly after I saw Little Big Planet. :D  So far its been fun, and continually getting better as Sony updates firmware and adds features.

10. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

When I see Killzone 2 on shelves, and it's a decent game, I'll get one. By then Ratchet and Resistance will be cheap.

11. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

I played the resistance demo and I honestly don't see the big deal with it. I'm sure the online is where it's at but man did that single player demo suck.

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    If I could get a launch 60GB system (you know with HARDWARE PS2 Compatibility, or at the rate they are going any PS2 Compatibility at all) for a decent price (Sub $300) I would consider it.

Aside from that you can keep it

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just bought Uncharted today. Damn that game is fun as hell, and looks beautiful. I can't believe some of the visuals that these next gen games are sporting. Mass Effect FTW too.

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I am a convert. At first I was turned off as well and thought that I really wanted a Wii, but as time passed, I realized that the main reason I wanted a Wii was because it was the "hot" thing. When I saw some demos on the PS3, I was interested.

Best Buy around me had a pretty good deal on a 60 gig, so I bit the bullet and bought it. I really love it. I am waiting for some more action oriented games that interest me, but I know they're coming.

The online with the PS3 is pretty good as far as I can tell, and one plus for the Playstation network is that it's FREE. You can pop in any online game and play without having to pay extra for being able to do it.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Uncharted looks like what this generation's Tomb Raider should be.

16. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Rooks Gang Leader

News Credits:
    Agreed. Plus, on top of that, you can mod the files from Portal to use the Portal gun in Half-Life, Half-Life 2 (Ep. 1 and 2 as well) and Team Fortress I believe.

Pretty nifty if you ask me.

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    The hands one IGN did talked about the framerate dips but also said it doesn't ruin the game. The video they posted still looks great. I am still going to get it, mostly for Portal.
    I think the online has been great since I got mine. The store will continure to offer more content as the console ages and has some cool stuff on there as it is. It will really become something when HOME rolls out though.

I never played the demo, but I enjoyed the full game. But most of it has been online, there are still alot of people playing and they just release 2 more maps. I have been spending my online time with Warhawk though. :thumb 

I really want Uncharted, the demo was a great taste. Ratchet and Clank is high on my Christmas list too.

18. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

I've been a PS fan since the original PS1. I was all about PS3 until it was released, I tried looking into a 360 and it didn't do anything for me. Then I played a ps3 with some games and loved it.

Now I have Ratchet and Clank, COD4, Ncaa football, motorstorm, warhawk, and guitar hero. Play the system everyday and love each game.

Pick the system up, you'll enjoy it. I got the 60 gig when it dropped to $500.

19. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    thats pretty much how i was, almost went 360, but when COD4 along with some other good games for it came out, i got a good deal on an 80 gig, so i couldnt resist. Online is awesome, hell i spent the first week i had it just playing the free demos from online. They just made me want to get ratchet and clank, and uncharted more than ever! it still has the feel of the worlds best controller (IMO) too plus blue tooth wireless. the price factoring in everything you get including the Blu Ray player which is > HD player that you have to buy seperate for 360, is not that bad. you can always look around and find deals too, i got 15 free Blu Ray movies with my 80g.

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'll just say this.

Keep the Wii and buy a good PC.

Between the other two consoles (360 and PS3) the 360 is most certainly the better choice, HOWEVER...the majority of the exclusives for it are available on PC as well. And as everyone knows PC >>>> Console.