Dancing With the Stars just became watchable.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Flame, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Because of Joey Fatone?

I know I'm not the only married guy who gets to sit through four hours of dancing every week this time of year. So we watch it. And for the most part just oogle the women who are kind enough to wear very little clothing most weeks.

However, this week, it was actually enjoyable for a few minutes because of the one person I figured I would hate no matter what this season: Joey Fatone. Yeah. Him.

Jedi Tango FOR THE WIN!

Factors:
    1. R2D2 showed up for his practice and training. The real R2D2. No kidding.
    2. His dance partner, some hot little blond number, wore an EVEN MORE REVEALING version of the infamous gold bikini.
    3. Joey started the dance with a Force FX Green saber and a Jedi robe.
    4. Joey had the longest Padawan hair tail I've ever seen.
    5. Joey had the saber in his hand while the judges gave their reviews and could have went all dark side on their asses had they mouthed off. I wish they would have.

Even my wife, who is far from a Star Wars geek but LOVES fighting with my collection of Force FX sabers said, "God damn it. Now I have to vote for Joey. And I HATE him."

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    My wife watches that and lst night she was like "WTF he dance to Star Wars?" I was actually kinda sad I missed it.

I watched the first episode with her only because I was hoping Paul Mccartney's ex-wife's leg would fly off. F that bitch, dogging out Paul....whore.

3. Night Flame

People seem to have a real problem with her, but I don't personally get it. Unless you were there, there's absolutely no call to say she was lying. Just because someone is a celebrity, that doesn't mean they are a saint. I do find it interesting just how wrapped up people get in tearing her down though. It's just amazing to me.

4. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thats the problem...she isnt a celebrity. I keep asking myself "If the show is called dancing with the stars, who is the star Heather dances with." She isnt famous...he ex-husband is. My even bigger problem is that the show focuses so much on her leg...its all about it.

But yeah...Jedi Dance FTW!

5. Night Flame

Well, look at the rest of the "Stars" on the show. They're so far into B and C list celebrities that taking on someone who was married to a celebrity isn't that much of a stretch. And let's be honest, it's not her fault that they asked her to participate. She just said yes.

I've been shocked at how good she's done considering, and don't mind that they focus on her leg. Almost her entire week last week was dedicated to finding the right leg/foot combination to be able to do the Jive. And while she didn't actually do the kicks and jumps like she should have, she managed so-so with it. Which is better than what I would have thought.

Though I'll be completely honest and say I was hoping she WOULD do the full-fledged Jive kicks. It would have been the best chance ever to see that leg come flying off.

I forgot one factor in my list up there. The house band actually did a really good version of the Star Wars theme for Joey and partner.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It would take nothing less than hot naked chicks to make that show watchable.

7. Night Flame

Or,

1. Being married to someone who watches it religiously.

And. . .
    2. Super hot athletic type nearly naked chicks dancing and bouncing around in super sheer, almost falling off outfits.

Honestly, I'd find something else to do during that time if not for the taciturn permission, no, actually, demand that I watch those lithe, well muscled beauties bouncing around on the TV. How many times a year does a wife say, "You really have to watch these hot chicks bending and squirming. It's amazing."

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I am married and my wife does watch some shows religiously, like I do, but a very simple solution is having 2 tvs. The reason why you're watching this show is not because your wife makes you, it is because secretly, you want to watch it. You could easily go into another room and read a book or do pretty much anything else.

In any event, the show is just plain horrible. And if anybody should be dancing to Star Wars, it should have been Ratzenburger.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    ^^ what he said...

Jedi dance or not...I still wouln't watch it. I have a few TV's in the house for a reason...

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    werd

11. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

Agreed. There's no other way you could ever force me to watch it.

12. Night Flame

I've been down this path with many people before, but you have no idea how our household works. My four wives demand I sit on my ass in front of the same TV as them every night OR ELSE! But, like I said, I could grab something else to do, and do for some of the gawd-awful tripe she watches. But Dancing With The Stars isn't nearly as horrible as all the people who've never watched it think it is. It's tough to beat dancing girls for looks. Though I do wish they get back Anna Trebunskya from the Jerry Rice year. Damn was she fine.

(My four wives include two dogs and a cat that will literally lose their fucking minds if I don't watch TV with them every night. I've tried. Though I can work on other things while in the same room and they are fine. They just want my wife and myself in the same room so they can keep an eye on us without having to wander the house.

It used to stress me to no end. I got used to it.)

13. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, you're just completely whipped on so many levels.

14. Night Flame

Yep. Because learning how to keep the peace makes me whipped.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

The chicks in that show are hot, athletic, and can bend in ways most could only dream of. If you're actually watching the actual competition, you're missing the point of the show.

16. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    So glad that his wife only wants to watch stuff like LOST, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, etc, etc and not this scary Ameican Idol/Dancing with the Stars Stuff (though she did watch Grease: Your the One That I Want thereby reducing her geek cred by a few points :D )

17. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Says someone who's obviously not married :D  (I don't know if this statement is true or not, it's only here for a laugh).

It's not called whipped. It's called avoiding wife aggro.

18. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

There's a difference between "keeping the peace" and "being a slave to everyone else in the house." C'mon - you called the pets "wives." Someone is wearing the pants, and it's not you. Might be the cat or something, but it doesn't seem to be you.

And I had no clue MP33 was married.

19. Night Flame

There's a competition? I mean, besides the one between gravity and the girl's outfits?

20. Night Flame

Hey, if I wanted this kind of treatment I'd go visit my family!

Let me get something clear here. I should invent something to do, even though I truly have nothing worth doing at that time of night, just to "make a point" and "be a man" and "wear the pants?" I mean, at the end of the day, I basically want to sit on my ass and do nothing. I can either do that on the couch in front of our one TV and keep the peace, or I can pretend I'm doing something immensely important in some other room and have my wife and multiple pets pissed off at me for it. Now, I do that in the rare case I actually do have something to do, but on the average night I should just invent something to do, just to prove what a man I am?

Gee. I wonder why so many people have relationship problems.

I thought I could joke around with people here about my home life without being analyzed to death over it. Guess I was mistaken.

I do believe that'll do for me. Later.