Minor/Repaint: Damned Jin SaoTome (not a flame)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MacrossFA19, Oct 24, 2007.

1. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    Since I seen his, I absolutly had to make my own. This is my first time doing any sculpting work, so please gentle with me. And thanks for the inspiration Jin.
    Without Further Adeu':

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made him with Tamaya 2 part putty, and the "quick type" Tamaya putty. The base figure is the Sigma 6 strike duke. THe head is from a red Halo 2 Spartan figure. The base is made from a piece of plywood, Bar sand and concrete mix pebbles. Weapons are currently being molded and cast. (also bought the covenant sword from gamestop, and the scaled battle riffle) I just need to get some touch ups, black wash, silver wash, and over coat him and he'll be done.
    Hope you like.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sweet. Ever since I a saw his, I've been wanting to make one too. Nice work on the paint job. If I do make one, I might base the paintjob off of my Halo 2 Spartan that I use :D . Keep up the good work :thumb .

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here I bought duke and the grenadier so I can make my Spartan and Helghast. No shame in copying someones great work and you did a great job your self, I wish I could find a helmet for mine though. Hey would you consider making a cast for me?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That would honestly be great if someone could cast it and sell copies of it. It would make it easier, and possibly cheaper for people who want to do something like this. Especially since I've only ever seen a Halo figure at Hot-Topic, and it wasn't exactly cheap, lol.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

very nice

6. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    Holy wow! You're coming really, REALLY close to my sculpt there! If I may suggest, the top of the visor/helmet needs to be a tad bit thicker? Overall tho, great work!

7. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all the casting materials top do it but I can not find that darn figure.

8. MacrossFA19

Ebay:
    Thanks! Well I printed pics from your website and used them to do my own. I made some differences according to the toy I had as well. As for the helmet, I just didn't want to do that (nothing against your beautiful job)-but I thought it looked too cartooney. Just the big forehead thing.

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Nice.

Tell me more about the sculpt material, where can i get some? I am gonig to make a cheiftan brute soon

10. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Nothing wrong with the sculpt. :) 

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Freakin badass.

12. MacrossFA19

Ebay:
    well I am not good at descriptions, but here goes. Its a two part putty. You take the white putty and mix it with the green putty til it is a uniform color. THen you put it on your piece, or sculpt a new one. To smooth it out, dap your finger in water and rub gently. Let it set about a half hour then you can sculpt it with ease, or cut it down to size. You can sculpt it when its first mixed but its a pain in the ass. The blue original mix takes 24 hours for a full cure. The other mix, green box, tan mix color, is called tamaya putty "quick type". It just dries faster and harder.
    THen there is the tamaya "basic type". It comes in a tube, basically meant for patching holes, or accidental cuts/gashes in your sculpt.

YOu can get all of here on the interenet, I get it at 2 of my local hobby shops. I am a pal of the guys who own them, so they special order a case for me when I need it. The "quick type" is a little harder to come by. The putties retail for $7.00, and the basic type about $4.00.

13. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

Thats awesome.

14. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    the quik type sounds abt like quick steel, which mixes the same way and hardens super fast, you can get it in the auto section of just abt any store like walmart for $4-5, havnt tryed sculpting it yet though......

15. MacrossFA19

Ebay:
    I have used that and plumbers epoxy putty found at home depot. The difference with them is that they get way too hard. The only way to sculpt them is with a dremel, or a hell of alot of elbow grease. The tamaya putties are hobby types, soft enough to cut with an exacto, and sand with sanding paper. The auto and epoxy putties get like rock and are meant for patching holes in pipes or fenders.