DAMNED Delivery SNAFU...need paypal advice...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Gadep, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Got a email from USPS.com today....
    Label/Receipt Number: RA91 7054 625H K
    Associated Label/Receipt:
    Detailed Results:

Undeliverable as Addressed, April 24, 2009, 5:34 am, TUCSON, AZ 85713
    Arrival at Unit, April 24, 2009, 5:28 am, TUCSON, AZ 85713
    Processed, April 23, 2009, 8:53 pm, TUCSON, AZ 85726
    Processed, April 22, 2009, 7:38 am, JAMAICA, NY 11405
    Foreign International Dispatch, April 17, 2009, 1:33 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
    Foreign Acceptance, April 11, 2009, 4:31 pm, HONG KONG

this is from the additional details..the main screen shows that they could not deliver package and it would be returned to sender if information was there to do so...

I filed a paypal claim since my item is not going to be delivered...i should be able to get my money back since they are not going to show a package delivery right?

I figured i needed to file since this item will not get there back to china before the 45 day window that you have to file a claim...i sent payment back on april 8th so you figure 2 weeks to get here...2 weeks or more to get back...not looking good....

sucks too....was leader class megatron from ROTF....

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I would go down there tomorrow morning before it gets sent back.

They should be able to find it from the tracking #

3. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    that is the problem...that zipcode 85713 does not match to a post office near me...the post office next to where i live is in zipcode 85710...i am going to visit them when they open...not hopeful though without one of their delivery notices though....i am hoping the post office folks will not be punks and will be able to see my driver license and see the box name match and be happy with that....

knowing my luck...it is already back onto it's way to china or they will not be able to locate it...i have been wanting this tf for a couple of months...finally won it on ebay and now YEAH!!!

4. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I just checked the number and it hasn't been updated. They've yet to send it back. I'd get a hold of the Post Office, show that you are the person it's addressed to, and prove it with ID. You should have no problem getting the figure at that point.

Also, the P.O. near you should be able to call the one that has your package and explain the situation. I wouldn't panic just yet.

5. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    yeah but it is not at the post office that i get mail from...that zipcode 85713 is for the southwest side of Tucson...I live in the far east side of Tucson...i will goto my local post office and see what they say...i do not have a good feeling about this though....i will post the results tomorrow....

6. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I get mail sent to others offices in my city lots, I have to show up with my ID and argue for a bit and then shit gets done. Hope it works out for you dude

7. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Yeah, they deliver up to three times (original attempted delivery, and twice more over the course of 5 business days according to the last notice card left in my box) so I wouldn't panic just yet, and going for the PayPal claim is a bit harsh. The seller might've screwed up on the zip, but apparently got the rest of it correct so it really isn't his fault. I'm not sure why the P.O. didn't look at the rest of the address and correct the zip...

8. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, post office wouldn't deliver a package that was from me to some dude in Arizona, nearly cost me $400 cause the person was too lazy to go to the post office. Just go to the post office and complain until they get you the package, or wait out by the maibox and see if they try to redeliver it.

9. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i wish folks would actually read the top entry before piping off their 2 cents...the note says the sender put the wrong address on the package...they never attempted a delivery...gess folks...ready before you post...this item is not going to get a delivery attempted because the address is not valid as printed on the label per the message....

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Actually, foreign mail like that WILL get sent back after one attempt if the reason is "undeliverable as addressed." I know, it almost happened to my voyager Megatron. But there IS hope!

Call the 1-800-ask-usps number. Tell them what happened, and tell them to give you the number for that local post office that is claiming to have the package (the 85713 one). EMS packages are generally processed at a separate unit. Depending on when they arrive they might forward it to your local carrier, but not all the time. Sometimes my packages come from the regular mailman, sometimes from a separate postal carrier about an hour later.

Anyway, get the number for that listed unit (85713) and their business hours, and call them in the morning. They should be able to find it for you. Just tell them your info and they can confirm. They should be able to hold it for you at the Post office and you can run and pick it up with ID. It can be a pain, but most of the time the EMS unit isn't too far away from your local stop. Don't panic yet though. A friendly call to that unit in the morning will likely end up with you receiving your toy.

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    And it is gone...left tucson, AZ...bye bye ROTF leader megatron :banghead: 

12. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    local post office confirmed what the tracking said....they have a main distribution/sorting area...anything that has errors or address problems. etc...get off sorted to the dead mail area...then stuff that is returnable gets sent back...and since the tracking shows it got processed last nite...nothing they can do...it is on it's way back to china...yeah!

13. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Not your fault if the sender put down the wrong address. I had a trade with a member from another board in another country. Package was sent back because of wrong address and he promptly shipped it back. I was patient and it was a good deal, so I didn't complain.. much.

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    well, the Post office is operated by IDIOTS...as i was sitting here just now...the postal man shows up with my package...nothing at all wrong with the address label...tracking shows it got shipped out of Tucson last nite...so i got no idea WTF is going on with these folks...cancelled the claim and left feedback on ebay....This is seriously fucking wierd...whatever...Megs is here and is awesome!

[​IMG]

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

o_O ... okay, I did not see that one coming.

I.. what the hell is wrong with the Postal Service these days??

Wait...it took tfctoy a WEEK to get it to the postal office for mailing? Plus it took two weeks to arrive? No thanks. I was going to buy a Leader Prime off of him (he has an actual auction up, rather than BIN) but now that I see he just takes his time (and his feedback worries me to no end) I won't be using him. Not a chance.

16. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    this was not sent EMS but by registered airmail...i paid $80 for megs..$20 for shipping...but yeah...lately all the folks on ebay are taking over a week to get stuff shipped...

17. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    wow this has been hilarious...

18. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OP - Hey guys, need some help.
    TFW members - ok, here is some good advice
    OP - no no no not good enough
    TFW Members - Well try this
    OP - Can't you guys read no call the post office for me!
    TFW members - Wah
    OP - nevermind he came wow awesome
    TFW members - WTF?

I always get entertained when people ask for advice then argue when people give them advice over...wait for it...a toy.

19. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    you're a funny guy....just move your ass along...

20. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    So why were you banned?