DAMN.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Omegax80, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
  2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

WTF!!! There is no way he is worth that.

I've seen him go for far FAR less quite frequently on eBay.

Ugh, I hate seeing things like this.

3. Omegax80

News Credits:
  4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Check out the bid history!!! There is a user with zero feedback who has made a ton of bids. No doubt in my mind we are dealing with a shill bidder here. The question is though, why is the other bidder placing such high bids? Inexperience? Got caught up in some hype?

5. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Strange, the seller, 225bigbigjohn, looks like he has a lot of good feedback... but looking at his current running auctions, some potential big ticket items... Bludgeon, Octopunch, Thunderwing... micromaster bases... Seems like a bad move to take the risk of getting caught with shilling auctions.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Who knows? Never come across this guy before. One thing I am certain of however, is that bidding for this particular auction is not legit.

Unfortunately eBay aren't very good at catching shill bidders (from what I've heard about).

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I've an interesting question here & was hoping that someone could help enlighten me.

Which is rarer for Thunderwing? The Pretender Shell or Inner Bot? :lol 

8. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I wouldn't be so quick to accuse the seller of shill bidding. That is a very serious accusation. Bidding wars can lead to such a price. If you get two (or more) bidders that really want the item, prices can easily rise. Also, I have had repeat customers before too. Some are eager to see what new items you have listed since their last purchase.

I do agree that the price on that loose Thunderwing is nuts. The key now is to watch for more bids. IMO, that auction will most likely sit at that price for the remainder of its listing. If it jumps $50+ or more, then I might suspect shill bidding.

9. Omegax80

News Credits:
    I think our reasons are valid. If you look at the bid history, my bid was $100 even. Then the user with 0 feedback bid it up to $300 and stopped after it was bid up to that. That seems suspicious to me, unless someone REALLY is willing to spend $300+.

10. Tirade

Honestly, some bidders like to raise other people's high bid just to see what it is. For the user with 0 feedback, he may have accidently topped that other bidder's max on accident. You would surprised what goes on with certain bidders. Heck, I've seen a few that flesh out another's max bid only to retract their bid moments later. Now that is criminal.

EDIT: This reminds me of that BotCon Actionmaster G2 Breakdown. Ended up selling for $700+. There is no way that piece is worth that, but apparently it was to one bidder.

11. Omegax80

News Credits:
    That is always possible. If the bidder say, had 50 feedback at least we probably wouldn't have the conversation about shill bidding going on. But ZERO feedback? Something smells funny.

12. Tirade

You got me there ;) . That zero feedback is the kicker here. It does seem convenient.

13. Omegax80

News Credits:
    I just thought of something twisted... what if its the guy who is in the lead right now, and will cancel the shill bids to net himself a cheap Thunderwing?

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

If the shill bidder wins, nothing will happen as he will either just have to pay himself or someone he knows. OK, I know he actually won't, but if he marks payment as sent then eBay is none the wiser and you'll probably find it gets re-listed soon after.

15. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could sell my thunderwing for $350 easy. The end prices can usually dwindle around this range if its mint.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010