Damn Your Black Heart Bandai!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by soundwaveCA, Dec 2, 2006.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN11113&mode=retail

Looks like there coming out with a giftset of all these now. Pretty good price point too, but now I wish I didn't pick these up so quick a couple of months ago :cry . Of course they have to do this set now that I've picked up three of them already *shakes fist*

Hate to admit it though but despite already owning Unit's 00, 01, and 03 I'm very very, very, tempted to go for this. Especially for the Unit 02, its pretty pricey already and I've also had a fancy for the Unit 04 for a wile as well, not to mention the Yellow 00 would be a nice bonus. Wonder if they will be adding anything extra to this set? Hope they do add at least a couple of extras goodies to make the purchase more justifiable.

*sigh* Either way it looks like this set's going to set me back, cant help myself :lol  :cry  Really love these things and I'm a huge sucker for giftsets.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, I don't blame you for cursing Bandai...they have a reputation for reissuing their products.

There are only 2 lines that Badai have not reissued as per their originals - Power Rangers stuff and Godzilla. In fact once a Power Ranger line is done, its gone.

The good thing about Bandai's policy is that it gives folks who miss the items the first time round and it reduces scalping.

The bad thing is that the they may skip a piece and reissue it in a gift-set as in the case of the EVAs.

Normally, Bandai would include some extras in a gift-set but I won't hold my breath for one...

3. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

well i just found out about these so im in heaven...

i might brab the revoltech ones still though to tide me over until these come out. time to start saving up the cash though i didnt expect them to be this expensive

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, Bandai's getting into re-releasing Sentai mecha more often, I think.

There was a "Complete Edition" Magiking released. Nicer box, better paint apps, gigantic pricetag.

And Boukenger is getting a black+gold Ultimate Daibouken giftset. ;_;

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know what you mean but those "releases" are still within the series as in the next ranger toys haven't been released yet. Normally once a PR series is over, Bandai won't back track and reissue the previous toys. For example, Bandai won't reissue stuff like Gaorangers (Wildforce), Abarangers (Dino Thunder).

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, they've been doing the limited run repaints since Zyuranger (1992) or earlier. The best you get for rereleases are guys like Ninjakon in Ninja Force being a remold of Ninjor or the whole Return of Titanos being a redo of Titanos, but those are few and far between.