Damn you universe!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Oct 26, 2008.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I said to myself I wasnt gonna buy this line, but it keeps pulling me back in.!

2. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Well-Known Member

i know exactly how you feel! I said i wasnt gonna buy too many at all cuz im buying up animated left and right.But universe has alot of cybertron molds i missed out on.

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Well I made a decision between Animated and Universe and I picked Universe

I have not even thought about buying Animated ever since

I love Universe

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i collect both...whatever i find pointless i don't buy.

5. brianstowell

brianstowell Awesomebot

News Credits:
    This.

I've skipped a bunch of Universe figz/molds just because I'm not feeling them. December/January is going to be killer on my bank account. All those new Universe Deluxes/Voyagers and all the new Animateds. I secretly cannot wait to watch the dollars disappear.

6. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

The only thing I'm collecting from Universe is the new molds from Classics 2.0. If it's a repaint from a previous A/E/C line I'm skippin' it. The one exception might be the Springer and Rat Bat repaint two pack. Other than that, the only figures I have to collect in the coming months are Hound, Cyclonus, and Inferno. My Wallet is pretty lucky. Unless there are new Classics I don't know about. I will be getting Smokescreen, but I believe he is the last G1 figure in this line untill it's hiatus. I hope I'm wrong though, I would love to see a Wheeljack along with some other figures.

7. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Universe FTW!!!

Animated was an easy pass for me! The show is certainly entertaining enough but I just couldn't get with the feel of that style with the rest of my TF collection. I've been getting the G1 Classics 2.0 figs a a few Cybertron repaints provided it is a cool mold and nice paintjob. I will definitely be getting the Roadbuster/Dirge 2-pk since I don't own the voyager size Cybertron Starscream mold.

The remaining G1 Classics 2.0 figs left to come out so far are
    Cyclonus w/ NIghtstick
    Hound w/ Ravage
    Starscream
    Smokescreen
    Inferno
    SE Overkill
    SE Dragstrip

They haven't announced it yet but I would bet on Universe Ratchet from the Ironhide mold. You can even see on Ironhide where the lightbar for Ratchet will be.

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I told myself no at the beginning, and it hasn't been that hard resisting. I probably won't get any of the stuff out now, but I might get stuff from the 25th line though.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I collect some from both lines, though more from Universe than Animated (not saying one is better than the other though). I pretty much knew from the beginning that there would be a certain amount of figures I would eventually get from each line. Although I have decided to get less of Animated than I at one point planned to, and more of Universe than I at one point planned to.

10. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I'm buying mostly just the G1 inspired deluxe figures in the Classics 2.0 line, with the exception of any A/E/C repaints. The only thing larger I was going to buy was Onslaught, but I never seen him at retail.

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    so far I have all the deluxes with Ironhide on the way I plan on getting some of the Voyagers like Blades and Inferno and all the upcoming deluxes except for the Beasties *barf* and I do plan on getting the Ultras if I could find em lol

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm buying nearly all of the deluxes in Universe, and most of the Voyagers and Ultras (so far, at least). I think I've already bought all my Animated toys, the Dinobots, Leader Megs, and Ultra Magnus. When Universe goes on hiatus for the movie, I will be a sad panda, but I will also be saving a fair amount of money!

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I sold all my Classics at Botcon last year. This year, I saw Universe and now picked them all back up.

14. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    I finally stepped into this line today, I bought Sideswipe, Silverstreak, Prowl, and Sunstreaker. So it begins...:banghead: 

15. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man i love this line so much it is how i always saw how the G1 figs would look. this line took me back to the 80s and got me back in to TFs. this is the only line i collect .I did get a few of the titanium line. though they are just not as good as classics.

To bad they will be put on hiatus for the movie line. Witch sucks big time. They better bring it back with some killer charters in the first 2 waves. So they can get more ppl in to them.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Universe is awesome. But once we get Jazz and Wheeljack, I'll be done with any autobots. I'll still by new G1 Decepticons though.

Dammit, between this, Masterpieces, and Animated, I stay having something to buy. I'm going to get to 200 figures alot faster than I wanted to :D 

17. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    ^ True Dat. Jazz and Wheeljack may not make an appearance until late 2009, more likely 2010 though. :(  Damn movie toys.

18. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Got rid of most of my collection to finance Universe, and I am not regretting ONE bit :D  :D 

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree here, but there hasn't been a Universe specific mold I don't really like. At this point, I have picked up all the new universe molds and the only ones I've skipped have been the Cybertron repaints. I have been able to skip a lot of animated though. They all seem to have something cool about them, but the truth is there are some molds that are just forgettable.

20. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup that sucks we have to wait that long cuse of the stupid movie toys. so with that much of wait we better have some killer molds of them.