Damn you HTS and your shipping gorillas!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Moonstreaker, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I got a big order from HTS tonight and all but one of my items looks like it was used as a hockey puck. The 25% discount wasn't worth the hassle I'm going to go through now. Since I collect my stuff MISB I'll be finding all this stuff at retail and then returning the beat up ones in their places. The 6" Titanium Thundercraker I got is by far the worst, It's a disgrace that they actually shipped anything in that bad off shape. The shiping box didn't have a mark on it, so I know the damage didn't occur in transit. I wouldn't have picked this up in the store unless they marked it half off. That's how beat up it is. The box is torn, tape ripped, and the bubble has more dents then a car thats been through the crusher. Just have to hope I can still find one at retail. Effing HTS...UGHH!

Rant complete.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    pics?

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, HTS is not the most surefire way to get MISBable items. Sometimes they pack everything well; sometimes they just throw shit in there and toss in some of those larger air bubble floaties for show. Sometimes they evidently play football with your items before they pack them.

Other times...they send you a Godfather trilogy DVD. (No shit) :sly: 

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :useless 

5. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Umm...I guess I still don't understand the point of keeping Transformers MIB...

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Glad HTS Makes it easy for me to rip them outta those plastic prison cells, now only if they cut the twisty ties too :D 

7. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    I just got an order from HTS, i had no problems with packaging.

Was the outside of the box dented/damaged? Maybe USPS hurt it?

8. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

I've received a few items from HTS that were a bit beat-up, but nothing to the extent described here. Oddly enough, I recently ordered several 6" Titaniums from HTS, and I was surprised to see them arrive in good condition, as good as those I'd find in a store (I figured they'd arrive in poor condition).

If that many of the items were in really bad shape, I'd at least e-mail HTS to voice your grievance. I doubt they'd do anything about it, but it's still worth informing them.

9. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Normally my stuff comes in great condition but my last order was a bit beat up too. Maybe its just a coincidence, but it included a bunch of Titaniums. They did have them kinda crammed in there.

10. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Never had an issue with any shipments from HTS... Not sure it would matter anyway, seeing as I'm not a MIB collector.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I once ordered some stuff from HTS. They shipped me one deluxe in a box big enough to hold two Supremes, and padded it with one (1) crisp sheet of tissue paper, not even balled up to provide padding. It was just laid in the box. It was kind of hilarious in the way it provided zero padding whatsoever, but I was a little perturbed as to the lack of care given my merchandise. Oh well...one of about a dozen reasons I don't order from HTS.

12. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I just ordered with them for the first time on Sunday. I wanted a set of those car magnets, Leader Megatron is nowhere around here, and he was cheap. If he is mangled I'll just do a swap at some local place later.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've never had more than minor bubble dents. The boxes I get are always filled to the brim with those plastic air "pillows". Sorry for your luck, guys.

Wha-huh?! Details, por favor.

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Both times I ordered from there my stuff arrived damaged and it also took forver. I ordered some bubble alternators and reissue astrontrain. The alts bubbles were basically smashed to the point where they were touching the toy inside. Astrotrain has a dent in the back. Luckily I found the alts at retail later and returned the nasty beat up ones. HTS is all trouble. I don't order from there anymore.

15. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Beats me. Wherever the actual packing of HTS merch goes on must be in common with somebody else that handles DVDs. One of the several orders I placed for the HTS/DTC exclusive GIJoe stuff a while back had a crisp, new, shrinkwrapped Godfather trilogy DVD set laying on top of everything. Yeahbuhwha? It did make it a little easier to forgive the fact that my GIJoe comic packs were banged up.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    my nemesis prime was shipped in a box smaller than the nemesis prime package.

... fury.

17. talkin jibberish

talkin jibberish Well-Known Member

man i hate the twisty ties!!! i do like to keep the boxes in a goodcondition on larger items but just to get into the ironhide box i virtually had to rip it to shreds

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Never had a problem either...not a MiB collector, but I have kept the packages from everything I've ordered from HTS and it's been just fine...

19. talkin jibberish

talkin jibberish Well-Known Member

man those little chinese kids' fingers must ache after twisting those ties all day long

20. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After placing several orders with HTS the only item that had noticable dammage to the packaging was Primus.

Id recommend going to Walmart or where ever, buying the figures you got though HTS, then returning the beat up ones to Walmart (or where ever). I did it with the Primus.

My main criticism about HTS is that there shipping isn't trackable (from what Ive seen). Ive never had a problem getting my order in a timely fashion (5 - 7 business days).