damn stupid bird!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, May 27, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got a bird that is annoying me lately...

A week or so ago i came home with some groceries and noticed a bird sitting on my front porch near the door. I try and shoo him away and he flies and lands on my car sitting infront of the garage. I shoo him with a broom again and he flies into the garage. and hits the back wall. My mom tells me to leave the door open. I have lunch before getting ready to move my car. Well now he is sitting my my mom's SUV. I shoo him and he flies and lands on my car (Again!) She thinks it is injured. Well i shoo him again and he flies a few feet to another window sill. I shoo him with a broom again and now he flies all the way up to our next door neighbors roof. I see another bird fly up to it and it looks like it was coaxing the little bird up the side of the roof. My guess it was a young bird.

Well today I see the same little stupid bird fly into the garage. I try to shoo it and it flies off into a corner and drops back behind the water heater where it can't be gotten too. Well I got out a minute or two later and it keeps trying to fly out over the garge door which is up. Then it would fly into the wall. At one point it flew out to a window sill but flew back in. Then it landed on my mom's car. I shoo it and it goes nuts again. Finally it hits the corner next to the garage door. We have a white garbage basket my dad uses to recycle stuff. So i put the broom head over the basket so i can try to move it out side. Well the bird again freaks out and manages to get out. I freak because it is out now and flies a bit in my direction (Hey I've seen The Birds!) well it lands on the floor near the open garage door and the it runs off into the bushes..

The bird is just plain stupid....

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Sounds like bird stew tonight!

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think a little robin will make much of a stew..

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    We have a cardinal living in the shrubbery by my house. We call it 'Crazy Bird'. Most cardinals have a pointy crest on top of their heads. This one doesn't, its head is flat.

Its head is flat because it spends ten to fifteen minutes every day flying into our back window. I could understand a bird doing it once or twice, or more if the window was especially clear. This window has a black mesh screen and the curtains are always drawn!

Crazy Bird got a mate somehow last summer, but built the nest so badly that every egg fell right through.

I honestly think that bird had a mental condition.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

We constatnly have Robins trying to build a nest on our front porch light. The thing's got a pointed top, so they're actually wedging the nest between the lamp, and wall. They continue to do this, despite regular human traffic, from us taking the dog out. They insist upon rebuliding right there, no matter how many times we knock the damn thing down.

6. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Well, I got a robin building a nest in one of my trees in the backyard, and it doesn't annoy me. Probably because I sit down in the basement/recroom all day typing on this computer. :p 

As for your bird problems, Rattrap007, I say just eat it. Fry the bird, and eat it. No more bird AND hunger problems! :D 

7. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

There is a green parrot family living around my neighborhood.

8. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Just be thankful that it isn't a Mockingbird. I have no clue why those damn things are the state bird of Texas. They are annoying and aggressive as hell. My cat has pretty much driven off every bird in the area from coming into my backyard, but the Mockingbirds have no problem hopping onto the fence and then divebombing the poor thing. I'd kill them, but they are the state bird and I'm not exactly sure what the law is regarding that.

It definitly isn't a sin to kill a mockingbird though, their songs are annoying and they are mean little birds.

9. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Mockingbirds are the state bird here in MS too. They're really agressive during nesting season. On the upside my hard is very safe for birds because of them in spite of having a large number of cats. The cats are now afraid to get near birds.

10. Nitroquake

Nitroquake Well-Known Member

Sounds like this bird is your new enemy.