Damn it...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edge, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I'm rather pissed right now, since august I've been working at my college's music station as music director, it wasn't a hard job just make sure songs are clean and uploaded when I receive them. It was not the best pay in the world but it got me by for the way my life is.

Then last week some idiot decided to light my college's lower levels on fire and closing down the campus. I found out that the station is offline for an indefinite amount of time and we are to move stuff tomorrow so the place that our booth was in can be cleaned and repaired as needed.

The one thing that I'm thinking is going to save my job is that our radio station is linked with other classes at the campus that give credits for being on the station. But from what I've been hearing from other people at the station were probably gonna be down for a long time and for all intents and purposes right now I'm unemployed.

I updated my resume a bit ago long before this happened just as maintenance. Which is probably a good thing so all I can really do now is start looking around and see whos hiring

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

ouch. Sorry to hear that dude. Good luck!

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that blows.
    You should be surprised what jobs you can find with that director's position on your resume`.

i wish you luck and a chance to keep doing what you like.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey, you paid unemployment taxes, so go collect your non-traditional tax refund (file for unemployment).

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    26 weeks, around $900/month. Helps for sure.

Good luck finding a job. Hope it works out for ya.

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Yeah man I'm sure if you look in the right places you will find a great job.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear about that. Good luck on finding a new job.

My mom had lost her job as a night manager at a local party store, but she just recently applied for working at a local pizza place, and we're hoping she'll get that job. She also works as head cook of the school, she's had that job ever since before I was born, but she'd like a second job so that she could better pay bills off.

8. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Well as an update to the whole thing I'm still employed I just get what appears to be a month long vacation with no pay as I can't do any real work. We are assuming we are still going to be functioning once the place is cleaned and our internet and phone line are restored. I get paid this week and then I can turn in work from the preivious week next monday so Its not a total loss. That being said I have already updated my resume and got the ok from my bosses to use them as refrences. Until I know for sure were back on the air I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for other places to work.

BTW info on the fire I forgot to put it in the first post I made
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29290092/

And thanks for all the kind words

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you get a month off without pay, and you need the money, you should still try to file for unemployment. And I'd start looking real hard for other opportunities, because a company that gives you a month-long furlough is one step away from a permanent one.