Damn it!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lbsammills51, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, so I've slowly been transforming my reissues that I've purchased from October-late November after opening them finally (I opened everything over two days last weekend and transformed Movie, Animated and Classics figures and displayed them plus Revoltechs, 3-inch Titaniums and Masterpiece Starscream). After getting through Prime, Megatron, Inferno and Grapple, I got to Cliffjumper and Red Alert. Cliffjumper was fine, no problems at all. For Red Alert (remember, it's the exact same mold, and these are both the Hasbro Commemorative versions), I'm folding the right arm out from the door...and the damn thing comes off in my hand!!! I didn't exert any pressure or do it quickly or recklessly. I'm an adult, and a helluva lot more careful with these figures now than I was as a kid (and given I could be protective of my stuff even as a child, I wasn't exactly tossing them around or ripping off limbs then either). It didn't just pop off either - part of the joint that should be attached to the door which the arm would revolve around broke off inside the arm hole, so it's not something I can just pop back in. I can admittedly just glue the arm back, since I just intend to display these figures...but what the hell?!? Ugh. I was more forceful with the movie and some of the Animated figures while transforming them and nothing went wrong (even though I know they're built for things to pop off - Movie Ironhide was a bitch that took me over an hour but nothing broke then). I gently move up HC Red Alert's arm...and for the first time ever, I break a damn toy as I'm transforming it out of the box.

If I point the arm up at an angle, I can keep it in position and no one will notice unless they move him...but I'll know, and it already bugs me. I don't really want to buy a whole nother one, but I'm already considering it. Either way, this sucks.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I broke a tiny little peg on my Alternators Windcharger today, right after opening it. The instructions indicate that you are supposed to rotate hit windshield/hood assembly, and that is what I did with a little effort. Evidently you are supposed to first PULL OUT, rotate, and then let it pull back in with a spring. Tiny little peg. Gone. Groan. Almost unnoticeable, but I know... and it angers me!! GRRRRR

3. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    That exact same thing happened to my G! Red Alert Reissue. I opened the box, went to transform him, and the plastic on the door that the elbow screw connects to just broke right off. I tried supergluing the nub back on, but it's so tiny that it's all but impossible to repair. I've just left mine posed in alt mode, but I'm still pretty annoyed about it. Could it be a common problem due to mold degradation?

4. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

That sucks, my Redalert are fine but my reissue Tracks has both feet broken.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    my redalert is fine...you just used to much force.

the first classics rodimus i got 2 christmas's ago broke later on in the day....had to get another.

6. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude trust me, I didn't use too much force on Red Alert and I doubt the other guy did either. We simply moved it up. If touching it qualifies as 'too much force,' than okay sure. But it's should be able to handle a slight touch to move it up from the door. The other arm didn't break off, mind you, and the Sideswipe I have (the exact mold, also the Hasbro Commemorative version and not Takara) didn't have this problem either.

7. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think thats bad, I broke the arm off my Takara MP03 Starscream transforming him recently. I think it was like the 3rd time transforming him. OUCH it hurts bad. I just keep him his alt mode now

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The red version of Red Alert is Sideswipe, not Cliffjumper dude :) 

I try not to move those arms because they feel really fragile. Actually I don't really touch those two at all because I'll probably end up breaking them. Sorry to hear about your breakage man, I hope you can fix it.

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    my Rodimus is fine...you just used too much force.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    well, seeing that he stated multiple times that he did NOT use too much force, i'd say its pretty obvious that he didnt, and that his figure had some wear or weak plastic on that joint which broke when he just pushed it... thats the only explanation i can think of.. still sucks though, bro

11. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, brainfart. I did mean Sideswipe, not Cliffjumper.

Yeah, I might try gluing his arm back and leaving it in position, and then crying on the inside every time I look at him. Ugh. This does suck.

12. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Nothing happened when I transformed my HC Red Alert. Course I only did it once and then transformed him back and put him right back in the package for display. He's not seen the light of day since. (I intended on leaving him MISB forever, but I never had a Red Alert when I was a kid, so I just had to get him out and transform him once.)

Sorry to hear about yours, but it sounds like you got a defective one. I doubt you used excessive force. Just got a bum figure.

13. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hehe, I hate where this is going, but I'm still chuckling...

14. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

LOL I was thinking the same thing! :lol 

I'm always afraid of breaking something, I have not transformed my MP jets yet because of that. (and also because I don't know where to display them)

15. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Threads like this show why the toys in my collection are (mostly) still happily and safely sealed in their protective boxes!