Damn it!!! (Alt Camshaft)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Man, I didn't stress about getting one when they first came out because I thought this guy was going to be a total shelf-warmer and easy to find, now I can't find one at retail, all the on-line stores are either sold out or the prices are jacked up, and there are only 3 on ebay that are up for auction - and the ebay stores that have him have jacked up the price too.

WTF???

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was very fortunate to find mine at Wal*Mart... In the wrong aisle... Buried under a bunch of other stuff... On the way out...

Man I hate Wal*Mart...

Doesn't help that ALTs are on hiatus too...

But it seems that ALT OP, Mirage, AND Camshaft are extremely hard to find...

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I actually saw Prime and Mirage in a store today, but no Camshaft!

My wife kept trying to talk me into buying them so I could scalp them on ebay, but I left them there...

4. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I STILL have yet to see a Mirage in store...

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Damn. Camshaft is the only one of the bunch I've seen twice. I found Mirage and Camshaft at the same time and bought them. Other than that I keep coming across left behind Meisters, save for ONE time when I found Meister and Camshaft w/o Prime and Mirage. I was so pissed that I'd been skunked on Prime yet again that I didn't think that maybe I should buy an extra Camshaft.

Speaking of WM, I found Prime two nights ago (first time I've ever seen him in store/person), curiously enough at the same WM where I found Mirage and Camshaft w/o Prime two weeks ago. But those two were nowhere to be seen this time. I'm thinking the Prime from that case was either stashed or returned.
    Now, I had ordered Prime the week before from WM.com, but decided to buy this one anyway (second Prime could come in handy, plus they had yellow Scrapmetal).

However, after waiting in line for 20+ minutes behind some woman with THREE carts/$400+ in groceries in the <10 items lane...having to take stuff out of the carts and remove them because she only had $320ish in food stamps, I gave up, threw Prime and Scraps on a nearby shelf and walked out. Jesus Horatio Fucking Christ, I fucking hate Walmart.

On the bright side, I came home to find the Prime I had ordered, so it wasn't a total clusterfuck. Now, if I'd come home to an e-mail about my order getting canceled...

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    My local Target has three Meisters and FIVE Tracks... Talk about overcompensating for previous hard to get figures...

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I saw camshaft twice in stores and bought them both along with one of the mirages and one of the primes. Have not seen them again since. I too th ought ol' camshaft would be a major shelf warmer, however right now he is only one per case and no more cases are sloted to come out as far as i know .... so he may turn into a swerver, just not as uber rare.

8. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Well, he is the last alt supposedly for the rest of the year. So I got one off Evil bay on monday night with a buy it now of $29.99. More than I wanted to spend, but at least it ensures I get one and not have to track one down later for a way higher price.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Camshaft = Swerve part 2. Glad I was able to get one from Hasbrotoyshop.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I too got mine from HTS. By accident, I ordered two. Decided to use him in a kitbash rather than Prowl ( stupid blue paint ). I hope you're wrong about him being Swerve part 2. I've already hacked him into unrepairable pieces.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just found Camshaft at TRU here in Canada so I doubt very much he'll be another Swerve.........more like another Tracks :lol 

12. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Why I don't actively collect alts..

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last time that type of person was in front of me, I gently told her where the non-express line was. When she paid no attention, I got slightly louder, then louder, and then louder still. Finally, a store manager came by, asked what the problem was, and actually made her move to another line. That WM gets my money.

-Tony!

14. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i don't think the Camshaft wave has really hit saturation yet ~ I'm just startign to find Mirage on a semi-regular basis, so i wouldn't sweat him for another month or so...

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    You could have bought them to trade here for Camshaft... just a thought. Lord knows you don't need another Alternator Ulcer ATM.

16. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I've done that before, though I bitched at them to open another line that could actually be for those of us that only had a few items. When I got in line, she had already rung up most of her crap. So even though I was :banghead:  about yet another person that can't read/doesn't give a shit about the fucking sign, I thought, "Well, at least the bitch is almost done." All that time was spent watching her taking stuff off the bill. :rolleyes2 

If not for the fact that I knew I had one en route, I might have stuck it out or bitched to a manager, as much time as I've wasted already for that bloody toy. As it was, I just didn't want to wast any more time in a WM. Pity about the yellow Scrapmetal though; have to get him later.

17. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I've seen three Mirages (I got one) two Primes (got one) and two Meisters but absolutley no Camshafts. Luckily my wife was kind enough to buy it off HTS for me.

Now I just need to find a reasonable prices Nemesis and I'm set.

A note on Wal Mart - after having two horrible experiences checking out my wife wrote the store manager. Any letters that arrive at store have to be forwarded to the big shot at Wal mart. Stores wouldn't follow up and just throw away complaints so now its required that any complaint letters go straight to them (whom ever is in charge of WM) and the store manager has to personally make a call. She wasn't much help other than to say that the one CSM has had many complaints and told us to get names next time.

18. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen a ton of Primes and Mirages but only two Camshafts. The same stores that had them are now getting the assortment with Tracks again.

19. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Just got done doing the rounds, a TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart. Only saw Skids, Sunstreaker, and Richochet. No Camshaft so I just said, "screw this garbage" and just bought Camshaft on e-bay.

Wow, what do I have to do to get the fricking management to stock a TF or two?

20. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I haven't seen any of them at retail yet. I ordered Camshaft from HTS and Mirage and Prime from Wal-Mart.com. My brother saw Mirage over the weekend. I got Prime Tuesday and while I was transforming him his left trigger finger fell off. It looked like it snapped on so it tried, after a few minutes I realized it was broken. I didn't want to return it so I decided to fix it. Looked like someone didn’t line the finger up right and pushed the pin through it. Luckily after an hour I got it on by removing the pin most of the way out, after pushing the wrong way first of course. Then I saw that they did not shave off the excess plastic from the right side of the head. After scraping it off it now has a small mark on that side but it does not bother me much. If I see one of the three in stock online I will post it in the General Discussion board. Camshaft has not come into stock on some of the major online stores like Wal-Mart.com and Amazon.com so there is still hope.