Damn I missed it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I was watching this beautiful red Diaclone G1 Sunstreaker on ebay. It was nearly complete just missing his fists, but man was it awesome! Anyway, the seller started the auction at $45 something bucks so I put it in my watch list.
    I had six hours left yesterday to keep an eye on it. Somebody placed a bid for it for $49. I thought I would be smart and wait till the last minute to place a bid for it. I've really been wanting a nice red Sunstreaker for a while now and this was my chance to get one. So, I waited.

Problem was, I waited to long and went right past the end of auction time. As I was laying in bed last night I just remembered about the auction. SHIT! I missed it! Oh well, it probably went up to $200 or something.

Well, just checked it this morning and it only had three bids and sold for $59 bucks. :(  :( 

I hate it when I miss auctions like this! ARRRRGH! Any of you had this happen?

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the time! Sometimes I think I should just chuck in a high bid on first sight and leave it, but I know I'll spend an obscene amount of money doing that. :lol 

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    This is why i put reminders on my phone.

4. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

In junior and senior year of highschool I spent half my day in the computer lab and most of my evenings at home on eBay so I wouldn't have to worry about that happening. Thinking about the time I spent building my vintage G1 collection really makes me wonder if I should be selling all of it now.....

5. Tigertrack

I thought about placing a bid, but I remembered it's sometimes better to wait till the last few minutes to do so.
    There was another one on ebay that had it's fists, but they were starting it at $199. I only had $100 to play with so that $59 was my only shot. :( 

I hope more will come when I can afford it.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This is why I generally never go for anything less than a 'Buy it Now'.

7. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Plenty of times........

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    happens even off Ebay, for it its often on BBTS with vintage stuff, I'll spot something I want a few days before I get paid usually in the newly arrived vintage items and i keep an eye on it only to see it get sold a day to a few hours before I can order.

9. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happened to me a few months ago when I missed a loose Animated Ultra Magnus. I accidentally slept through the auction and it only sold for £27. :( 

There's still a happy ending. When another loose UM showed up on eBay a couple weeks ago, I remembered to set my alarm. At the end I managed to win it for only £23 this time, so I actually saved money. Yippee! :) 

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I thought i was going to regret clicking this thread...but i actually feel a lot better! Thx man!

11. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    such thing happened to me this summer.(I didn't forget the bidding,but it's similar)I was bidding on pcc Bombshock and then,when there were like 3 seconds left, a guy placed a bid and he won it.....I was so mad after that

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I missed out on getting 5 loose Snowtroopers by 50 cents.

13. Tigertrack

I'm just mad at my self for watching it all day long, forgetting about the last minutes, and going right past the end time for the auction. I could've had a fair chance at it if I was watching the monitor during the last few moments of the auction.
    I'm more mad at myself than the actual auction. It's not like being totally outbid or losing the auction or things that are out of my control. I had a chance for something I wanted, a good chance, and I blew it. :( 

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Complete RID X-Brawn, Sideburn, and Prowl for $13 or something.

I had a SAD.

15. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i had my eye on a G1 Megatron. the bid started @$15 and was up to $25 when i saw it. it had 11hrs left, so i figured i'd wait, but forgot to check in. thought the same thing, "probably went to like $80." nope....$27. i was not a happy camper

that was probably me. i'm a BBTS vintage lurker. i got a G1 Trypticon w/an 80% complete C.C. for $60(CC's missing the chest and head)

16. Tigertrack

A headless Trypticon? How did that happen? LOL!!

17. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  no, a chest/headless City Commander. Trypty was missing only his accessories

18. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, it sold for only $56

I've missed stuff on YAJ before and regretted it. Fortunately they usually relist it.

19. tide

tide NEON PRIDE

News Credits:
    i don't think i've ever missed an auction due to oversleeping but i have been outbid several times at the last second. the most painful would have to be the G2 euro exclusive obliterator clench. me and the other guy both had $50 bid on him, don't see how he won, but whatever, $50 is a lot for one thing anyway, even though its sort of been my grail for a while lol. as a result i usually don't bother placing a bid till the last 15 seconds or so.

20. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    AHAH! you sir have offended my honor! nerf swords at Dawn! *slaps with a baseball mitt*