Damn being in the UK!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I knew the 22nd would be an odd date. In the UK games usually arrive on a Friday with only special games being released earlier in the week. Transformers is being released here on Friday the 25th. Unless it's different elsewhere.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Whatever the date is on the US release you always add 3 days for the UK one.

Transformers isn't the gaming franchise like Final Fantasy to get a simultaneous wordwide release.

3. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    and all of our exclusives are online shops . that i cant trade games into :( 

4. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

oh well. Guess I will have to carry on playing the demo till then.

5. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Not surprising, seeing as UK release dates in 99.999% of cases fall on a Friday.

Just happy myself that I've got something to look forward to when I get back from Glastonbury. :thumb 

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Come on Play.com, get that shit here early.

7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Psh, you think you've got it bad, I don't get the game for another week because I am in Florida at Botcon.
    Actually, wait, never mind. I can live with that ;) 

8. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Here in switzerland the french PS3 and 360 versions are out, possibly even were out yesterday and/or saturday.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    As an observation. Checked GAME and Gamestation today. No pre-order cases on shelves, no posters, no mention anywhere. The Pre-order catalogue doesnt even list a preorder code.

Those of you wanting to pick it up in store may have a hard time.

This launch is being handled about as well as Transformers in general here :lol 

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its supposed to be £44.99 in the shops (game/gamestation) which is a piss-take, i've never paid that much for a game and never will. Thank fuck for online stores :) 

11. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    fuckkk . all these reviews and shit . hurry up uk . my live runs out next month :(  i'll probably take a few games back to gamestation and get that off wfc .

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    My order is 'packing' right now. Come on baby, get to me for Thursday!

13. Barberism

Barberism Reaper of Skulls

Most reviews for the PC version are complaining that it is a rushed port. I'm having second thoughts.

I will buy the game just annoyed I have to wait 2 days. I got let out of work early today. And now I find I can't download it on steam.

It's almost as if they want people to pirate it. By the time it is released in the UK someone will have cracked it and people will have downloaded it. Personally I think it's wrong and people should wait. But kids these days don't want to and many will be tempted.

I say it's wrong but I pirated Command and Conquer 4 and boy I'm glad I did. I was waiting card in hand to buy it and they kept delaying it. I downloaded a pirated copy and deleted it about 4 hours later. Not the worst game ever but kind of dull. I saved myself 40 quid.

This game will be worth the money. But why do I have to wait. Grrr...

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:

Almost every single game for the last 3 years has been released 3 days later in the UK. No-one is delaying anything its just how it works.

If you pirate games then you deserve to wait, hope your pc explodes too.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  15. Barberism

I've been playing and buying video games for 15 years. I have supported the industry for 15 years. I don't even download albums illegally. My dad who is an ex-policeman tells me I should download more because I spend too much on music.

I love the fact you took one sentence and took it completely out of context.

I pirated one game. Quite frankly Electronic Arts screwed over a lot of people with the making of CandC4 (even the people who made it!). There were a couple of reviewers who encouraged people to pirate it. That game's release displayed a horrible business model that deserved to be punished.

I may have been a little bit flippant but then you took that one comment and said you hoped my PC explodes which was unecessarily agressive and judgemental. Well, I am well within my rights to attack you back but I'm a lot more mature than that.

It is in fact unfair that the UK, EU, Latin America, Australia, pretty much the rest of the world has to wait longer. Yes, there are localization issues but this should be sorted out pre-release. The game should be ready to go in every country in every format.

I am not endorsing piracy. All I said was that by staggering releases video game companies are potentially shooting themselves in the foot. Less scrupulous people will pirate this game. I wont because I want to buy this game and I have set money aside for it. It sucks that I have to wait but I can hold on a little bit longer. There are others who wont. That is what I said. Learn to read next time before you attack someone else.

16. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    How is it unfair, waiting 3 days or a week extra? Its not like people are not getting the game or content is being removed.

Certain games that are huge big gaming franchises get worldwide releases and in some cases EU get games that places like America don't see or have to wait months for. Its swings and round-a-bouts.

Just becuase its a Transformers game people are taking this whole waiting period as some sort of personal attack and its hilarious.

17. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically, if you have the game burned in the disc and on the package, and it's already in store, because I know stores get the game before release date and the game goes gold 2 weeks prior to release normally, why can't they just put a single release date everywhere at the same time? I just don't get it.

18. Barberism

Apology accepted. Nice to see your parents brought you up with good manners.

Fine it isn't unfair as it is hardly a great injustice. But I am talking about digital downloads. There may be issues with delivering the physical product to everywhere at the same time. But I want to buy the game, it is available for download in the US so why can't I download it anywhere else? Why should I have to wait for a digital download?

I am waiting for the PC version. No ability to change the control scheme, no ability to change the framerate. PC's are capable of being more powerful than consoles. I would accept a delay if they were tweaking the game to improve performance. But we are actually getting an inferior version and there have been rumours that the PC wont be getting DLC.

By forcing me to wait the company is forcing me to think: do I need this game? Really, I don't. So I may not buy it. Or I may wait until it is on sale. I may end up never buying it. So it would be a lost sale.

It may not be a lot but this policy of staggered releases does lose sales for games. The music industry is starting to see this is a damaging policy and the games industry needs to follow. If an album is not available for download legally then people will download it illegally.

It's 2-3 days and I can wait. But some people can't. That's all I said.

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Damnit, my copy is still 'packing', its been that way since yesterday.
    How long does it take to put a game in a cardboard envelope?

20. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Dude, its just 3 days. Have some patience.