Damn, $530 of orange plastic crack!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kraven, Oct 23, 2010.

1. kraven

kraven Decepticon

As a G1 fan and collector there are 3 very expensive and very orange must haves coming out (1 already out) within just a few months of eachother and there is no way I can afford all of'em! Decisions, decisions! As of right now Im gettin Predaking, but that could change anytime as this is a hard decision for me. Anyone else in this boat?

And just incase you havent put it together the figs im talking about are reissue Predaking, Masterpiece Rodimus, and G1 deco Unicron.

I also want to add that I dont mean to come off as an ungreatful brat, I do very much appreciate the fact that I have the means to get atleast one of these grails! :) 

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I know what you mean. I was planning on getting all three but now I'm not sure. I got Unicron, and plan on getting MP Rodimus, I'm not sure about Predaking now. I already have the G1 original so another one is overkill. Although that new paint app looks great..

3. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I'd say Predaking since even if you miss out on MP Rodimus you can still get Hasbro's version down the line... Hasbro won't be making (or selling) a Predaking, that's for sure.

Personally, I've got an Armada Unicron and I'm perfectly happy with that.

4. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Same here, but I'm happy to stick with my original one :) 

5. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Wow! This is the EXACT reason i've been leaning towards Predaking! Seriously everything you just said. Well, that and the fact that I dont have any predacons in my collection at all.

6. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Once I read the topic's title I picture Predaking right away..... Im in the same situation, but being the Rodimus fan I am, I need to get the Takara one. Although I already have the Armada cron, the G1 deco is superb and I just cant let the King go.....

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd buy Unicron now, Predaking in two months, and Rodimus two months after that.

8. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i got TakTom Unicron, will skip MP Rodimus but tempted to get Predaking for nostalgic reason as i used to have Rampage as a kid....

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Meh, I've already paid for Unicron and Takara MP Rodimus, and Predaking doesn't interest me so much (especially for the price). I was lucky enough to be able to spread my purchases around although I do agree that there has been a LOT of very cool stuff coming through this year and it can be hella tough trying to find the funds for all of them before they sell out.

The way I look at it is this: spend a lot now when they are released, or spend a fortune in a years time when they are sold out and you are forced to trawling through the secondary market. It might hurt in the short term, but you'll realise what a sensible decision you made in the long term.

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Out of the 3, I would have to go for Predaking, as I don't own one. My armada Unicron has been my Unicron for a few years now. I really don't need another one. As for MP Roddy....I may wait for Hasbro or, I may skip it all together. I don't really collect the MP line.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^Same here! :D 
    But my Predaking is slated for next month. Got a killer deal from Amiami Japan. Only 10,600 yen plus shipping approx. 3,000 yen. :D 

Rodimus is paid in Feb 2011.

Passing on TF2010 Unicorn for Primus. ;) 

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I meant if I was having trouble affording all three, that was what I'd do. No, personally I'm getting all three immediately at release.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^Ah. Cool.

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

For me, MP Roddy is a must have. I can skip Predaking for now because I already got the G1 even though the new gold paint looks nice. I have the black Energon Unicron so I may not buy the new one as well.

15. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I'm getting predaking. The other two interest me, but I'll buy them later.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, it seems like you have to either rob liquor stores or be into massive Ponzi schemes to afford the deluge of Plastic Crack we're getting.

the Roddy issue has me by the proverbial jewels because it's pointless to get the Hasbro version (no trailer...really?) so i am gonna have to spend enough cabbage to make cole slaw on him early next year *ouch*

it wouldn't be so bad if i could find a criminal enterprise that didn't have victims, guilt or a lengthy stay with Mamma Hurt at Pelican Bay...then i could buy it all, lol.

there is that whole honest, rewarding "gainful employment" idea, but who wants to do that? lol.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Unicron and will be getting Rodimus. Predaking will have to wait since I already have the first reissue.

18. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

out of the 3 you mentioned. I'm only buying Takara MP Rodimus Prime.

I've already got a misb re-issue predaking & armada unicron misb. so no need to me to get doubles.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Predaking all the way for me.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    predaking and rodimus will be mine, might go for the first reissue of predaking though