DAMMIT!!! Someone broke into my truck...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzz, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid TFW2005 Supporter

I must've forgot to lock the doors on my truck yesterday, and someone went in and stole the entire change holder from the center console. They didn't just take the change. THEY TOOK THE ENTIRE CHANGE HOLDER!!! It lifts out to reveal hidden storage underneath.

I have three dogs that have literally zero tolerance for outside noises, but it was raining like a MF here last night, and it must've masked any sound the thief made in the driveway.

Now I gotta see if I can order that specific part. If I go to the dealer, it'll probably either cost a small fortune, or I'll have to order the entire center console just to get that one part (which I'm definitely not doing). If that's the case, off to the junkyards I go, or maybe Amazon.

Anyways, I'm so pissed. So much aggravation over what, a few bucks in change? Assholes!!!

2. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    maybe the guy just really needed a coke from the vending machine?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart A bot without thought.

News Credits:
    I can’t figure out if Vending machine is a really great or really awful name for a drug dealer.

Sorry this happened @Fuzz. Most crimes are committed over really petty things because criminals as a whole are usually pretty stupid.

• Like Like x 4
  4. seanlockyer

seanlockyer UCF: The REAL 2017 National Champions

Ebay:
    Happened to me at the office late one night. Went to my car and noticed a HORRIBLE smell. I then knew a bum broke in and took something. All of the change. About 20 bucks worth. Could have been much worse - there was a 1500 Home Depot gift card in the glove compartment that the filth apparently missed. Whew!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Yaujta

Yaujta Chill dad. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually had my entire car stolen a few years back. Made the colossal mistake of leaving it running at the vet's office just to run in and pick up my cat. It was gone in about three minutes.
    The thieves must have put gas in it because it was nearly empty, and they ended up getting into a chase and wrecked it about 30-miles away. Lost some money, my daughter's martial arts equipment and my art portfolio from college and my professional work as an editorial illustrator.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Wow yeah. Be careful with that. You didn’t get it to pay off someone pulling a “IRS gift card” type scam did you?

7. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    Aww man! That really sucks. :( 

8. Fuzz

Went to the dealer. I can order just the coin tray insert for $20. That’s a relief.

• Like Like x 4
  9. GoLion

GoLion I'm just doing my job

News Credits:
    Had a break in about a year ago. Only now have I seen the extent of what they've stolen. Just file a report. Hopefully they'll catch the person that did it.

Oh, and it might be cheaper to order the part from the net. I've ordered a few items to repair broken parts on my car for less than half of what the dealer offers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fuzz

My father lives two streets over, and he said there where cop cars going up and down his street about 11:00 last night. Someone probably called and they were looking for them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    At least from the sound of it they didn’t actually break anything. That usually costs more to repair than whatever gets stolen is worth.

12. Fuzz

Yeah. I got “lucky” in that respect.

13. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:

That's good! I'm glad that replacing it won't cost you very much at least. Isn't there some kind of stick or bar that they sell that prevents them from grabbing the wheel. Don't want someone to hotwire it next time. :s

I mean, we've all had those ditzy moments where we forgot to lock the car, or roll down the window.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  14. Drangleic

Drangleic Frag out!

Sorry Fuzz. Not a good feeling.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

A few years back, my mum's car was stolen right off her drive way. She left the car running to warm it up.
    It was found abandoned 3 miles away with the radio missing.

Last month, some young teen punks tried to steal my dad's car but it wouldn't start so they decided to push it away. Four neighbors stopped them and waited for the cops and they were arrested.

I don't know how they were able to move it but my dad fiddled with it and has a certain way to start up the car. Only he and myself know how.

Sorry, fuzz. I hate that this happened to you.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LizardbotHero

LizardbotHero Arial Reconnaissance

Ebay:
    My car got broken into years ago while I was visiting some friends in the city. My car was locked, but the thief broke my passenger window and basically grabbed anything he could, including my GPS, a backpack full of clothes, computer bag, books, etc. I had never felt so violated before in my life. Fortunately insurance covered replacing the window and most of the value of the items that were stolen, but there were things I'll never get back. Ironically nothing stolen had any real value (except maybe the computer and GPS, but even those weren't that valuable except to me). Of course I called the cops to file a report, but the cop basically victim-blamed me by saying I shouldn't have left stuff out in plain sight in my car. Really? I mean, it was locked. It's not like I left the door open with a note saying "free stuff to the first scumbag who wants it". The worst part about the whole thing is that I had to drive 2 hours home in frigid temps with no passenger window. Definitely one of the most miserable nights of my life.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fuzz

The worst part is not the stuff that's taken, but being violated. Knowing someone was in your vehicle, going through your stuff only 20 feet away from where you were sleeping. So aggravating!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Ouch. I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

19. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sorry to hear that, glad not much wasn't taken. My car from 10 years ago was broken into. They couldn't steal it, so they destroyed my steering column seemingly out of frustration and stole my audio system and some cds.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Be grateful that it was a nothing break in, could have far worse.

I had multiple break ins back when stealing dash CD players was the thing.

• Like Like x 1