Dammit Paypal!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inikalord, May 29, 2011.

1. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Arrr, this gets me so frustrated

I recently won an auction some time ago on Ebay and paid the seller.

Trouble is though, that UPS/USPS could not confirm my address (Which IMO, is complete bullshit since it's the same address Ive used for other Ebay auctions Ive won over the past month or so) and since the seller couldn't confirm my address, he refunded the money.

Now here comes the bad part.

So the money is refunded, all fine and dandy. But my balance doesnt show that amount and so i cant use that card until I put more money into it

Now I am all out practically $25 which is all I have on my card and its been lost in god-knows where in cyberspace.

*sigh* Is there anyone who has had a similar issue that can help?

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you sure he refunded you the whole amount? He may also be refunding from a back account. Give it 4 to 5 days and then say something to paypal.

Address confirmation needs to be done with a valid credit card or bank account I think.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Paypal put me into debt by using my bank account (that had no cash in it at the time) to cover the cost of a shipping label rather than the funds that I had on hold from an item I sold on eBay. I was out a decent chunk of money I was never able to get back because of it, had to deal with overdraw fees.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

It's both bank account and credit card. At one time I only had bank account and wasn't confirmed. When I added CC, it became confirmed. Also with refunds, it gets refunded into whatever account was used to pay for it.
    Example, if you pay with your bank account, it gets refunded into that. In which case, it'll take the usual 3-4 day's to appear in your bank.
    Same thing with credit card.
    If you used PayPal balance to pay for the item, then it should be quicker.

5. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

after papal refunds, they sometimes put a temporary hold b4 returning the $$$ to your PP account, thats what happened to me, took ~2 days, happened to me also when a seller bailed on me and said he "lost/damaged" the item and couldn't return it to me :crazy: . anyway, hope this helps, check your papal balance details, might say temp hold

6. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why I put a WM money card on my paypal and took off my bank account.

7. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Know why this is? So they can bank on interest created from the money market. They pull this crap with me on my bank transfers. Bank completes the transfer and I still have to wait 2 more days.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I really hope someone else comes up with a viable alternative to Paypal. In recent years they have gotten worse and worse.

9. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google checkout but it's the same thing with Ebay . We've shoved it so far up our ass we're afraid of pulling it out. No other auction site can thrive unless people try and no one wants to try and also promote their auctions elsewhere because they're so used to the ebay mentallity "Aye but it has greater visibility". Ebay knows this and totally scams it for all it's worth so no other pay transfer program will succeed as well.

What I don't get is can it be said that ebay has a forced monopoly since it requires all payments to be made through paypal, a subsidiary of them? Not sure how it works for that.