Dammit! I fractured a toe!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hook, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    While installing my mother's air conditionning unit on the window sill, I dropped a window on my right foot. It hurt like hell, but there were no signs of bleeding.

A few hours later, my toe had swollen badly and was now purle and black. Yessiree, methinks I broke my toe!

This pisses me off to no extent, as I'll have to rest my foot for a couple of weeks. Anyone else broke or fractured a toe before? Any tips to get it to heal quick?

2. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The only tip I can give you is to do SOMETHING.

Doing nothing about it did not work for me. I can't move that toe at all anymore.

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've got a crooked finger because I thought it was just sore for a few weeks.

Get it looked at.

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I broke my toe once, I just wrapped it in gauze with part of a pop-sickle stick and taped it into a make-shift splint.

I did the same thing when I broke my index finger on my right hand, of course, now my index finger is slightly bent, and my toe is a bit crooked, but both are still fully functional.

5. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Yeah well that's the ting. I had it looked and they told me the usual "there's nothing we can do, toes are too small to be put in a cast"

I've got these nitfy oxycodon pills though :D 

6. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I usually never go to the doctor for things like broken toes and fingers but one time my finger got broken in a car door and two weeks later it was still hurting like hell and I could barely move it. I went to the doctor and they actually X-rayed it and told me it was an unusual spiral fracture all the way around the finger. Doctor said he rarely sees bones break like that. All he did was give me a little splint and sent me on my way. I want some oxycodon to make up for that.

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn that must've hurt :redface2:  Sorry man.

Today my grandpa is having surgery on a toe he just found out was broken after years of problems walking on that foot. I wonder how common that is, probably more than you'd think I suppose.

8. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

That's Quebec's health care system for ya…

Bon rétablissement!

9. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

???

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Dude...OUCH. I hope your toe gets better. Can you wear flip flops around for a few days? I remember a friend who busted a pair of toes and our boss OK'ed him wearing sandals to work for a few weeks.

Also, Cybertron2006...I would assume "Bon restablissement" means something along the lines of "Best of luck on recovery" or "Good luck getting healthy" or something.

11. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I fractured my toe once. It never turned black/purple, and didn't swell though. Went to the doc, and was told there's nothing that can really be done for it, other then to let it heal.

12. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Sucks man. There's not going to be any real way to make a fracture heal "real quick". You're going to have to keep off it and not stress it or it will break.

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Did you use all those wonderful French Canadian swearwords that megatrontipuss uses?

14. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

Ice Ftw!!!!!

15. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

Try taping it to another toe and maybe making some kind of splint to keep it from moving around, it should heal faster.

16. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I broke my pinky toe on my right foot when I was 12. Since then, I broke it five more times...maybe six. I lost count. Went to a doctor about it and since I had broken it so many times the doctor actually suggested putting a little metal bar in it to stabilize the bone. Still wondering if I should or not. Right now, it's still causing me problems. It's swollen, can hardly put weight on it, crooked and can't bend it. Me, personally I just want to amputate the dang thing. :lol 

17. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

Ice the foot and try to keep your weight on your heels. The only thing that sucks from broken toes/fingers that that your nail may never grow again. Pain pills and ice was my remedy when I broke both big toes before.

18. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

And that's why i can't understand the Canadians' way of French... let alone the real thing. All I can say in French is: bon appetit, bonjour, a la mode, and of course, crepes.

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Being multi-lingual (especially the European languages - German, French, Spanish) can net you a job with higher pay, make you more savvy with the ladies and help you contribute more meaningfully to an ever-increasingly multicultural world.

20. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Yeah man, the ladies love it. I grew up in a bilingual household and it helps alot.