Damaged Botcon Exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by CZ Hazard, Jul 8, 2010.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Continuing from the Haul thread...

I had a damaged Breakdown and Clench, both with splattered paint down the side of the toys. Swapped them out and when I got home I realised the replacement Breakdown was missing a foot!! idiots swapped him for a returned one.
    Took Doublepunch out of the package and his visor is about three mil too wide for his head pegs, tried squeezing the visor to make it fit but worried about the plastic cracking on the joint.

Bad QC this year. Anyone care to add their experiences?

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Aw, damn, that was painful to read.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It does seem like QC slipped a but this year, but FP has always seemed to be pretty good about letting you swap stuff out at the con. I wonder if you fired off an email to the Club if they would send replacement parts.

4. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    one of my sparks had 2 left hands

5. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I emailed them last week since after Botcon I found my Slicer had a right side lower thigh piece for both the right & left legs and wondering if I could still get a replacement.

They said yes and that I could either send in the figure or the leg for a replacement figure or leg, respectively.

6. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I emailed they the other day when I realized Clench's head had missing paint on one of his horns. I haven't received a response yet.

7. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought a total of 4 sets, one which with my primus and bought 2 from people that did not want them and I broke them up, and I was the 1st person that boughtone of the 8 sets they sold on Sunday, glad I got the 1st set cause it was the only one that was complete. Yea the one of the toys has a same mark in it paint but I'm not that anal about the toys. As long as they have their gun or missiles then I was happy.

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah QC this year was awful, probably 20 - 30% of toys I handled had problems. One of my DP's has the same visor issue too.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    FP are very good for replacements. I remember having to email Brian Savage about my BC07 Dirge having 2 of the same missile launcher (a widespread fault, but I didn't open the set at the convention). I sent the wrong one back to him and had the right one in my hands inside 2 weeks.

10. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a scratched up Streetstar with glue splattered near the rear lights that I didn't notice until I got back. Annoyed me to no ends. I am getting it replaced. Sent them in today and hopefully will get something back soon. I think their policy is that I have to pay for shipment back to me.

11. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I found out when my stuff arrived that one of my shark clones was missing one of the central turrets. I still dont know if I should email and ask if they have a spare central turret that they could send me to install on my figure. As for Doublepunch yeah, his visor is a bit too wide and its very loose. Although I might just glue it in place with some clear epoxy glue...

12. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Thanks to board member Cashanova I now have a replacement foot for Breakdown, luckily they didn't change the colouring! Thank god for kitbashing and leftover pieces ;) 

13. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Seeing all the complaints has me really relieved mine seem perfectly fine. My only hitch with QC is Clench's chest is crooked somehow, like something was misassembled but I cant tell what to fix it. Doesn't seem like it's harming the toy at all, it's just a little annoying to notice.

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fp may be good about replacements but they have to because the qc sucks. a lot of my figures have a lot of flash and white marks from where pieces were taken of the pegs. esp the clear parts.

my double punch, the chest where the clear blue pipes plug in barely fit and always fall out.

cindersaurs jaw is loser than a 2 dollar hooker.

clench's legs, where the pieces fold up and plug in dont stay plugged in.

the thing is you pay so much for these sets each year and to have problems like these it a little excusable to me. im not sure if others have had these same issues.

15. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:

cindersaurs jaw is loser than a 2 dollar hooker.

i have the $2 hooker problem to

16. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I bought a Clench from someone's bagged set. Paint is good, but I did have to hairdryer one of the holes that the headlight thing plugs into. It was bent enough that I thought it might break. Thankfully it only took a few seconds to fix and it was relatively easy.

17. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the same problem! He either poses with a stern look or is very angry in dino mode :) 

18. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The visor on double punch is a running problem with a majority of the mold. The blue guns may be also.

19. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    I've been to 4 BotCons now, and every time I had some problems with the figures. But also every time I had no problem exchanging them for good ones.
    If possible, just make sure to check the figures while still at the con, and also check replacements. I had a bad Landquake last year, and the one I got instead had another problem. In this case I could fix it by swapping some parts between them, otherwise I'm sure they would've dug up another one.
    They are good with replacing, even afterwards, but afterwards you can't check out the replacement immediately.

20. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only problem that I have so far is my Streetstar...one missile launcher and one arm is loose.