Minor/Repaint: Dak of the Moon Shockwave w/ lights & Sounds

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by big hank, Jun 26, 2011.

1. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Nice LEDs but, due to the NEOn yellow backgreound, I can hardly even even tell what color it is.

3. big hank

News Credits:
    LOL, yeah. That's a failed experiment. I'm going back to regular background, thanks!:drunk 

4. big hank

News Credits:
    Okay gang, background has been replaced and new pics taken. Again, sorry for that lapse in reason!:rolleyes: 

5. fallenkia

fallenkia Well-Known Member

6. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

Big hank, this is awesome, i did the eye and cannon too, but unfortunately i cant do the sound effect like urs....

Yo bro, i think u can do the eyes. I can show u how, come my place when u free, i've done it but no time to post it yet...

7. fallenkia

GREAT! OK! will come to your place when i free...

8. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

ooh that's mean lookin' Hank! Good luck on the auction!

9. big hank

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! Y'know, I'll take a few extra pics that highlight how/where I fit it all in. Shockwave is a terribly difficult figure to wire up. It took me like eight hours just to get him wired up. But that's after staring at him and mapping out a plan for several hours ahead of time.

Thanks! I hope he does well too. I have a V2.0 in the works that will be something special!

10. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

Yeah....totally understood. This is really hard job, small space to store battery pack. I took more than 8 hours to do that things....:) 

11. fallenkia

You guy are Genius! i took more than a day to Think how to do it...

12. big hank

News Credits:
    Okay, these pics are aimed toward Koof and Fallenkia, but I think it may be helpful to anyone looking to do electronics in their figures.
    • Attachments 1 and 2 are headshots, for Shockwave's eye I cut the light pipe eye off and fit a 3mm red LED in its place. Hollowed the head to fit in the resistor, and the switch and batteries are located in the back of the head. This method allows 360 degree head movement with no chance of wire breakage. Batteries can be replaced.
    • Attachments 3 and 4 show that with all the circuitry, the MechTech function still works. A keen eye will notice the round speaker directly behind the hose attachment port. A 3mm red LED is installed in the barrel.
    • Attachment 5 shows the cannon effect button is mounted into the MechTech trigger.
    • Attachments 6 and 7 show the effects chip. The chip simply gets pressure fit in so it may be accessed if maintenance or repairs are needed. Gluing in the chip may seem correct but if a problem occurs you will be screwed!
    • So we have and LED, a speaker, a switch, and a chip all wired up. But how do we power it up with no room left?
    • We use the hose as a power cable to a power source! Attachment 8 shows a close up of the hose connection port and you can see there is a tiny plug inside there.
    • Attachment 9 shows the male connector protruding from the hose, it is the same on both ends.
    • So the hose connects to his backpack, so that's a great place for the batteries to hide. Looking at attachment 10 you can see the hose connection port on the power source side.
    • I built a custom battery holder and rigged into the position where the third, or bottom turbine is on his backpack. However, a big white cylinder doesn't look too good, so we cover it with the turbine, which I hollowed out to act as a cover for the battery pack, you can see that in attachments 11 and 12.

I hope this helped you guys see kind of into my mind regarding how I do some of this stuff!

Attached Files:

13. KooF

KooF Well-Known Member

Very detail !!!! WOWWOoo.......U are the MAN......big big bow to you..... :) 
    Really admire ur skill.....The picuture tells everything..... Big Thanks to Big hank....

14. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

This is one of my favorite posts on this board right now. :bowdown: 

15. big hank

News Credits:

Your welcome! I thought you'd appreciate it!!:thumbs2: 

Why thank you! I hope you found it somewhat informative and helpful!:cool: