Dairycon 2010 dates announced! Apr 9th & 10th

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Edwin, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

This is the Big One, apparently. :) 

DTF, The Dairyland Transfan Association

As a non-Wisconsin resident, my friends, my nephew and I have been able to go since 2005. We've had a great time each year. These guys put on a good convention. Can't wait!

Mike "E"

2. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I'd love to go, looks like an awesome time.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Hmm... right on the weekend of my birthday. Maybe I'll see about attending.

4. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    DAIRYCON 2010 Dated!

[​IMG]

As seen at their official website, the dates for the *BIG* TENTH ANNUAL Dairycon is:
    Friday and Saturday, April 9th and 10, 2010 at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Regency Suites in fabulous Fond du Lac, Wisconsin!

PreReg opens Dec 8th, 2009, and closes March 1st of 2010. Registration is free, but you have to be pre-registered to get in. No walk-ins allowed.

This year marks the 6th annual Jumpstarter Races :)  Whoever gets theirs to travel the farthest(run, jump, and remain standing) wins a prize! Jumpstarters will be provided. Enjoy the show! In addition, 2010 brings our 5th annual Assemble Your Own Transformer Contest! Whoever can put it together the fastest wins! We'll also see the return of our special, 'Name That Transformer' contest, as well as the incredible Dairycon Prize Wheel. Spin the Big Wheel for your chance to win Dairycon Prizes!

In addition to the events you've come to know and love, 2010 will include some new features, including an update to existing events, an exciting new twist to the Dairycon Universe Storyline, and More! You do NOT want to miss this event!!

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BAH! Hopefully I can make it. Im in Ohio for school, and it will be like a 14 hour drive, but so worth it. :D 

6. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I can't wait! Dairycon is a great time.

I wonder how many of our neighboring FIB's and Mudducks will make it this year? ;) 

7. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone from Ohio/Pittsburg interested in going?

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Con's taking place right on the weekend of my birthday.

I'm going to see if I can go. Might as well make the effort in going to a con, and why not attend one that happens to fall on my birthday? :D 

9. Bed Bugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The more the merrier! Organize a bus load from Michigan. :D 

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Wish I could, but the majority of the Michigan TF fans live within the Flint-Detroit area, and the only TF fan I ever met in person is Maximus Prime (the guy who does avatars).

If I do decide to go, it's either by myself or I might take my brother along... providing I can get him to cooperate in the planning of such a trip. Last trip I ever took with him... I was better off going alone, since he can't make up his freaking mind.

11. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Well, unless someone *else* decides to drop dead the week before the con, we're planning on attending the show! -And to top it off, this Mudduck should be full-fledged resident of Wisconnie (again) by then!

12. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This will be the 1st year I attend.....even though I'm only a few hours away.

13. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What in the world is this? Can someone explain what this convention is all about and why the name DIARY con? Is this like BOTCON?

14. Bed Bugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ask for enlightenment and ye shall receive.

It's not Diary con, it's Dairy con. We call it Dairycon because it's in America's Dairyland aka Wisconsin.

The convention is just like other bigger conventions such as Botcon or TFCon....only ours is more fun. Seriously.

We have all kinds of events and the prices for things are quite a bit more reasonable than other bigger conventions. Want this year's Dairycon exclusive? Only $10. Want another? Only $20. Want a hardcover book compiled of 10 years worth of our hysterical story? Only $30. Want something close to the Midwest so you don't have to fly to Toronto or Pasadena? Want to stay at a classy hotel and not pay over $130 a night? Want to hang out with us Cheeseheads and poke fun at the hobby we all love?

Then Dairycon is for you!

15. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The DIARY was a typo. I went to the website and it appears to be some sort of alternative TF story. Is this the entire dairycon theme/convention or is it like other botcons? I have never been to any convention and I mainly like G1. Will I find enough G1 activities, hobbies, toys here to make the trip worth it? Any other additional info would be helpful too. Thanks for the response.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd love to go, if for no other reason than just to meet Methusalen. It looks like a great, fun time! I wished I could go! :( 

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Well, then... guess I better get my rear in gear and see about going to this Dairycon. With it being held on my birthday, being the con's 10th year, and that it's somewhat within my region (me being in Michigan)... I might as well make the effort in making it the first con I've ever been to.

Might have to see if I can't find someone willing to come along with me. Despite the fact that I'm 23 (will be 24 the weekend of the con), I still live with my parents and they will probably flip if I told them I was going to make the trip alone. So I guess I better try and talk with them this weekend and see if they don't mind me going. Hey, beats staying at home and having a lackluster birthday with my parents, brother, and grandparents.

18. Bed Bugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    For the most part, yes, it's an alternate hilarious take on Transformers. Some exclusives have been canon characters that have made their way into the Dairycon Universe such as Pretender Motormaster from last year and Spot (Hotspot) the year earlier. You can take a look at a list of all the previous Dairycon exclusives figures by clicking here. Though the links aren't working, I can tell you that a good chunk of Dairycon exclusives are actual repaints of G1 toys.

Sunbeam was made out of Windcharger. Crackup came from Bumblebee. Nachos BelGrande from Brawn. Uncle Whiskey Breath from a Jumpstarter. Heffer came from Huffer. Chances are there will probably be one G1 repaint, though that's not always the case, as an exclusive.

We have 2 rooms filled with dealers, and several of the online stores make their way here. BBTS might even be in attendance for the first time this year, but we will see. Plenty of G1 stuff to buy, as well as the other TF series.

The Jumpstarter Races are about as G1 as you can possibly get I would think for activities. We race in heats of 6. Everyone pulls back a jumpstarter (either Twin Twist or Top Spin) and let's them go on a table. The one that travels the farthest AND lands on it's feet wins the heat. The heat winners then move onto the semi-finals and finals respectively. Fred, the convention organizer, provides the Jumpstarters for the event.

The Assemble Your Own Transformer contest has had G1 as part of it. One year the contestants had to put together a fully disassembled Minibot (forgot which one though, might have been Brawn). Last year, Fred took random parts (most from G1) and glued them to a display. Everyone had so much time to try and write down on their paper as many answers as they could naming what the part was and who it came from. So it changes every year.

Name That Transformer is a 20 Questions type game where Fred will grab a character, with series in mind, and the audience gets 20 questions to figure out who he is thinking about. First person to name the Transformer with the series wins. Example: G1 Starscream. Just saying Starscream isn't enough.

We also have several board gamers that make their way down from Minnesota. They've developed several Transformer inspired games using Heroes of Cybertron and Robot Heroes figures that you can play on Friday Night. So it gives you the chance to command an army of Decepticons or Autobots and engage an opponent in a war.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

^

Even more reasons why I should make the effort in attending this con.

20. marvoflg

marvoflg Super Powered Warrior

News Credits:
    I am so tempted to go. It would be another reason to head up to Wisconsin and only a 2 hour drive from my parents.