Dairugger XV

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by grimlock1972, Jun 12, 2014.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    I recently bought the first 2 sets out 3 of this series and i have enjoyed it alot.

its subbed of course and its interesting to see how much was cut from the series to make vehicle Voltron.

I do have to admit the bad guys being from Galveston empire, make me think they are fighting Texans with chronic pink eye and a strange skin condition.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Good luck on the third set. It was out of print before it even hit store shelves.

I bought the series as it came out and yeah, it is so much better than the Voltron version, which makes absolutely no sense at all. I love how the names of the Galveston's seem to be based off different Philosophers throughout history. The ending is pretty awesome too, but I will say this show did not need to be 52 episodes. The story could have easily been told in 40, if not less than that. I like the concept of Dairugger as well, but there are too many characters and even with it being a 52 episode series, only the three captains and one member from each team are really developed at all. The rest are just there.

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
  4. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

I actually preferred V-Voltron over the Lions...but that Robot Chicken thing was pretty damn funny.

:D 

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    I kind of figured that given the prices people are asking for it on Amazon, I will keep watch and hope i get lucky an able to snatch a copy at something resembling a fair price.

Yeah alot of the characters aren't getting much development but the show is immensely enjoyable.

Only problem is its making me want the toy ( one that can combine and uncombine)and one of those is about as affordable as volume 3.