dai atlas reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tony77tony77, Jan 10, 2009.

1. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

They did reissue Star Convoy but why not Dai Atlas?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Hard to say. Maybe the mold is lost. Maybe they didn't think there was much demand. Maybe it was on the list but got dropped when the reissue line was cancelled and then replaced with Encore. Only Takara-Tomy can say for sure.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

why not fort max, trypticon, or star saber?

the answer to all these questions is, THEY just have not gotten around to it yet lol.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally I'd love to see them all redesigned for the Universe/Henkei line.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Me too but Animated is the best chance, for Dai Atlas anyway.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I dont think we'll ever see a Fort Max reissue just for the shear fact of his size and how much it would cost to remake and then sell

but id love to see Victory Saber reissue that would be totally awesome

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

except they have already released it once before, only 8 years ago. and it IS the 25th anniversary after all. while i agree it is unlikely, it's still possible, in some shape or form, maybe a shrunk'n one? if hasbro can make a larger cybertron starscream, then takara can make a smaller max lol.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dai Atlas' mold still exists - Sonokong in Korea reissues the Brave version periodically.

Truth be told, the reason we saw Star Convoy was that he was a Convoy. Dai Atlas is a more obscure character.

I doubt we'll see an original Fort Max reissue, Brave Max was a poor seller and there was lots of leftover stock. Making a smaller one is a possibility, but odds are unlikely since it would need an entirely new mold - unless Hasbro goes ahead and makes a Universe Ultra Fort Max with an updated design. Personally I'd like to see his spacecraft mode updated to be more of an SDF Macross type thing. Compress the legs at the front more to get rid of the gap between them, make the control tower more squat, change the arm / ramp transformation to make massive jet engines and a flight deck for Minicons / Micromasters.
    Then when he transforms, just make him get bigger. Legs extend, arms unfold, whole thing gets really tall but quite slim like the Headmasters animation model.
    Perhaps do the Headmaster as a triple changer - robot, jet and head. Then you've got a minijet for the rear flight deck.