Dai Atlas questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I just got a Chinese Dai Atlas KO. before I bought it I read the reviews all over the net & people said it was "high quality", "you can't tell the difference between the KO & the real thing" & "it's a really good substitute for the real thing". But really it's a piece of crap! I spent the whole night repairing it & patching it up. So I'm gonna start hunting for the real thing.

There's one on Ebay for $250.00 & the guy says the plastic is yellowing. Don't want that. So here's where I need your help, I'd like to know what's a good price for one of these? What's the best way to hunt for one OFF EBAY? When I search for Dai Atlas on the buy/sell/trade boards all I can find is King Atlas. I'm gonna ask Hydra from Black Gears to hunt one down for me but I'm not sure what a good price would be. I'd like it to be MIB complete. If that's too expensive I'll take it loose complete. I'd also like a loose Sonic Bomber if possible. What's a good price for him?

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Well it's a fifty/ fifty with those Knock-offs....some were really good , some were terrible.......

Well For a loose & Complete one, you're looking to spend between 250.00 to 300.00 ..... and MIB 300.to 350. MISB up to 400.00 Ive seen them go.........

You may want to just hunt for a Big Powered set , and spend 800.00 for all three Dia Atlas, sonic Bomber & Road Fire.

3. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Not all Dai Atlas KOs are created equally. I have one of the very old KOs and you can't tell the difference between it and the real deal.

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

there were two versions of KO. one had autobot symbols, which is the awsome one, and there is one with batman symbols, the shitty one.

i just sold my autobot version for like, super cheap, not to long ago on ebay.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I sold my boxed original Dia Atlas with a few original parts for $125.00 plus shipping on the junkion exhange. $250.00 is an average price of a boxed one, and even that is hard to find. No finding Sonic Bomber is even worst. The last boxed one sold for like $320.00 on ebay. Sonic Bomber micromaster is the last piece I need to complete my bigpowered set. Will glady pay top dollar for one.

6. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    i got a friend in the uk with a sonic bomber bot only if you want it i can get ahold of him for you, sonic and roadfire are the best ones thou atlas sucks

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

&%$^#!!!!! I got the one with the Batman symbols. :cry 

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna try to get an actual Takara Dai Atlas someday & just forget about Sonic Bomber & Roadfire. Meanwhile I'm making some major modifications to the KO. I rubbed off the Batman Symbols with thinner, added some pegs to the front of the wings so they're more sturdy, took the gear box apart & trimmed the flash (it goes forward but still won't go in reverse), took the hip section apart & fixed BOTH pegs that snapped off, rigged the front end to snap down better in vehicle mode & took his head apart & painted the horn thingies gold. Now it's decent/passable but still not as good as the original.

I also made a custom attachment so Dai Atlas or Star Convoy can tow Grandus/Dagbase. I used the tail of a Zoids Red Horn & a bunch of other spare Zoids parts. It works great & looks pretty decent. Zoids parts fit perfectly with Dagbase. I have all kinds of guns & missile launchers for him.

8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I just thought of a couple more questions:

1. How much does the good KO go for?
    2. Is there any way/place to find one off of Ebay? Ebay's totally dry of these & if one shows up it will most likely go way too high.
    3. You say the good one has the Autobot symbol? Is it painted on the wings like the Batman symbol or are they decals?
    4. If I find one & the seller doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about is there a website with a review & pics somewhere? Where can I find some pics of the good one? I don't wanna get stuck with the Batman version again.

Thanks for the help!:thumb 

9. doomgaze_86

doomgaze_86 Well-Known Member

I've got the crappy batman version too... Please let me know if you ever find a place with the better version..

10. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    I bought LioKaisers Dai Atlas and then bought a knock off to replace some of the missing parts. It is definitely not all that and I got the C-888 with the autobot stickers. The stickers were horrible miss cut, the sheild would not stay connected to the handle. If you are looking for an exact match the colors are off on the blue and many of the other colors are off too. Of course I only needed a few of the parts. Like everyone else said 250-400 for one with a box. I watched them on ebay for a long time before I bought Liokaisers.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If the mold is all that matters, I think Toyarena had a few Brave Goryu versions. He's down for maintenance right now, but check him out if you don't mind having a red and black version VS the "real colours" version.

Otherwise, yeah, go for Big Powered. You'll get the whole set in one go, including Roadfire who is an absolute pain to find.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    :useless 

Since I'm not familiar with these robots everyone is speaking of. I've heard of them and probably seen them, but I'm just not making the connection.

13. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Just found this if anyone's interested:

[EBAY]250161237156[/EBAY]

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

as someone who has the big powered set, let me just say this little caveat--think long and hard about what else you can do with that $800. the guys are bricks, but have nifty base modes that are motorized. but that's a LOT of money, and IMO, they're not really worth it. do yourself a favor and try to convince yourself that you don't really need them, and just avoid the whole lot, or at the very least get the good dai atlus ko and be done with it.

15. doomgaze_86

doomgaze_86 Well-Known Member

Hmm.. Is Brave Goryu able to merge with the Transformers versions of Sonic Bomber and Roadfire? If he is I'm better off just getting an official repaint.. He looks pretty sweet in red anyway, and I've been dying to form Big Powered for a long time.. I'll keep checking Toy Arena...

Actually, while we're on the topic of Brave remolds, does anyone happen to know if the Brave version of Grandus (Dag-Base?) can merge with Star Convoy?

I just realized I was 1 TF away from completing each... big long vehicle thing...

16. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I'll sell you mine, pm me

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dagbase is remolded to remove the connectivity, so no luck there.
    Goryu however can combine with both. There's no remolding at all that I am aware of, and I have seen pictures long ago showing Big Powered using both of the Brave releases of the toys.

Goryu is also a pretty sweet recolour, the new thunderbolt decals on the wings look pretty awesome.

18. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Yeah...like buy MIB Fortress Maximus! :D 

19. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Giant bricks...no fun at all IMO. If you want Dai Atlas get this year's Wonderfest exclusive. Now there is a cool little figure.

20. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Well, if there's one thing bricks's are good at, it's staying up on their feet.