D you think they should have done something else?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Una, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Before everyone says anything, I love Transformers: Prime. I love the characters despite the fact many of the characters were more developed than the others.

What I want to talk about is Unicron.

I'm sorry, but I'm tired of Unicron. He is cool, but Transformers has used him too much. The fact that TFP used him in the season finale was underwhelming as I watched the series over and over again.

We have Liego Maximo, Straxus, and other big bad guys that are just like Unicron for a big end all be all in a season finale.

Now, I'm sorry if some of you think I'm nitpicking too much, but I couldn't get the fact that Unicron has been used too much and is already expected.

What would have been a real shocker if the person in the volcano was Liego Maximo or one of his followers.

The only shocker that was there for me was Optimus' memory being wiped. Now, that was a real shocker! =O

Also, I thought we being Unicron's spawn was meh at first, but if they used it properly, it could turn into a really good story plot. What I mean by that is that if Transformers coming to Earth hear that the humans are Unicron's spawn, they might think we are evil or believe Team Prime is helping Unicron.

XD

OF course, what did you guys feel about the use of Unicron and humans being a spawn of him? I want to hear your thoughts. =)

Edited: Title should say Do you

2. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I don't mind the re-use of Unicron, given that they came up with a new angle on the character. In fact...

...I can see where this might be used to keep Optimus a 'Con for a while.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I like the way they used Unicron in Transformers Prime,but I do agree a bit that he's also used a little too much. Maybe if it was different, they could've used The Fallen instead! He's certainly tied to Unicron and he might have been used to try to wake Unicron from his slumber thereby destroying Earth! Megatron would probably try to work with the Fallen as an equal but like Unicron in the show The Fallen dismiss him as a fool who's out of his league. The alternate three parter could have been centered on trying to stop from The Fallen from rising Unicron from his slumber but with the same plot elements from the actual plot. Of course Optimus would still use the Matrix to banish the Fallen to another demension at the cost of his memorys. The Fallen could be voiced by Lee Tocker who voiced Mukuta Teridax from the Bionicle films.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I would have waited for Unicron in the series finale finale.

Liege Maximo could have been cool. I hope we see the Fallen at some point.

5. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I got another idea. Why don't they show more of the 13 Primes and what happened to them? I mean it is a show called Transformers: Prime. Why not?

Maybe instead of Unicron, like kaiju said, have it be the Fallen. Show us abit of who Fallen is and have him wreck havoc for the Autobots and Megatron, who will be threatened since I think the Fallen would want to have the army.

An idea. ;) 

It would have been neat to tell us more about the 13 Primes as well as show us what it meant to be a Prime during the next seasons.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I`d love to see The Fallen depictated as a badass villain instead of the way he appeared in ROTF.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Me too! If the Fallen does get in the show somehow,the writers better give him the treatment and justice he deserves instead of how he was dipicted in ROTF. I mean he litterly INSPIRED the birth of the Decepticon empire! Of course he should be treated more of a dark god!

8. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron took his name from The Fallen. They have to have him in the series at some point.

9. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron does seem to be a bit overexposed in many continuities. But I like how the writers have taken a risk and turned Unicron into the earth in this continuity. The potential stories, such as humans and all life on earth being tainted by his influence or essence is an interesting to me.

Also with Unicron brought in this early, it means that other interesting villains may appear. I for one would like a character such as Vilen Jiger to appear in Prime. Or maybe some Lovecraftian horror type characters. Something to bring the mystery, awe and fear into transformers Prime.

And of course other alien races some to serve as allies and some to serve as powerful antagonists that can push the autobots over the edge.

10. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I love the risk. Just tired of Unicron. XD I'm sorry, but like you said, maybe since he is back in stasis, many other villians, canon or the writer's own imagination, could be shown on the show.

Hopefully, we get to hear more about the Primes. ;) 

Also, I believe TFP is missing some type of mystery. Hopefully, they will get one like Beast Wars did with the aliens. I love mysteries. =)