D*mmit, if they can make a Scorpion Transformer they can Make a Dinosaur one!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ganymede2010, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously,

This is one thing that continues to irk me. Hearing Bay & Company insinuate that Dinosaur Robots wouldn't make sense. Umm, excuse me, can someone share with me how a Robo Dinosaur doesn't make sense but a Robo Scorpion does? Skorponok was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on film. If they can get Skorponok to work, them D*mmit they can get Grimlock to work. And the fans will literaly shit their pants if the Dinobots were casted! $$$$$$$$$

2. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I agree to a point,still its a moot point.

3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because there actually are scorpions around for the alien robot to copy.

4. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Actually, thats great point. There are pictures of dinosaurs everywhere. I mean theys aid they learned earths language trough the INTERNETZ

5. ganymede2010

News Credits:
    True, but there was 60 million years ago. It's not out of the realm of possibility to indicate that Grimlock and Company visited our Planet 60 million years ago. But got trapped somehow once the asteroid crashed into the Yucatan Penisula:) 

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    But we already have the Allspark and Megatron coincidentally landing on earth. Any more "oh, we've been here the whole time" situations and it'll start to get a bit silly.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yup.

8. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Scorponok did not transform once.
    I don't care what the toy said.

9. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

lol

10. ganymede2010

News Credits:
    I respectfully disagree. That's the only way to convincingly explain why the Dinobots chose the forms they did. There's plenty of species that have habited our planet before our time, and we're discovering new ones that existed millions of years ago quite frequently.

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Okay, it may just be due to the fact that I'm dead tired, and sick as hell, but I have no idea what the second part of your post is getting at.

As for landing in dinosaur times being the only conceivable origin for robot dinosaurs, what about the Allspark? The things that it made were all fairly inhuman as far as their body types went, and I'm sure Sector Seven zapped a whole lot of stuff in their years of playing with the Allspark.

12. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

you're going to be really upset once you see a robotic jaguar on screen next summer...but you are taking thier comments out of context. Robotic dinosaurs in general is not what doesnt work, its the fact that the robotic dinosaurs which would not be able to hide on earth that doesnt work. Thier size alone also puts a big hinder on them, robots like prime, starscream, and black out where huge, if they didnt hae earth modes people would have spotted them and known something was up. Take megatron for instance, could you imagine seeing megatron in his spaceship mode just parked on an airforce base? Where would grimlock and the gang go when not fighting decepticons? At this point in the movieverse the autobots dont have a base of operations to hide in so they hide in plain site, the dinobots wouldnt be able to do this. Scorponok was able to do this because he traveled underground, ravage will presumably be able to do this because he will be hiding and lurking around in shadows. Scorponok and Ravage also are a lot smaller than the rest of the transformers which also allows them to better hide thier conspicuous alt modes....

well, technically he transformed from a piece of blackouts helicopter and into a scorpion

13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The "scorpion" was his bot mode. And it wasn't exactly accurate to a real world scorpion at all.

14. ganymede2010

News Credits:

I understand what you're saying. But it would be easy to explain tha the Dinobots were also victoms of the asteroid that crashed into the Yucatan Penisula. And they were revived by Wheeljack, Ratchet or whomever. If their is a will there is a way.

15. Bottom Out

the introduction of them isnt really the problem though, its the what do we do about them now that they are here? ok so the dinobots are built/discovered and revived, bam we got the dinobots, now how do they stay out of the publics eye? they cant...

the only way dinobots will work in the movie is when the human population is aware of the transformer existence on earth and/or the autobots get a base

16. ganymede2010

News Credits:

No worries, here's an example of new things being recently discovered that lived in the age of Dinosaurs.

"Lending a whole new meaning to ‘Mother Goose,’ scientists have unveiled the skull of a giant prehistoric bird that boasted teeth with a monstrous wingspan the size of a small plane at 16.25 feet (5 meters) tip to tip, and once flew over the wetlands of southeast England when the land which now covers London, Essex, and Kent was underwater"

Giant Prehistoric Bird the Size of a Small Plane Discovered

What I'm saying is New species are being discovered quite frequently in recent years. So it would be easy to explain that Megatron wasn't the only Cybernetic Organism to exist in the Acient World.

17. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Dinosaurs don't have to exist to be copied.

Remember....

S.O.S. Dinobots

They could be built by Ironhide or someone else again.

There's no good excuse not to have them in the movie.

18. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

The only good excuse and god I can't believe I am saying this, is the disguise factor.

The smaller ones and Scorponok could do other modes because it suited their taste in function/looks/whatever. Dinosaurs would have a hard time blending in, but in all fairness they are one piece of TF lore begging to be put on the big screen. We're getting devastator so I'm happy.

Case point is: Dinobots and Devastator making their debuts same movie = too much awesome....(forgive me tired rambling but thought would be funny)

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    This is not G1 , leave the Dinobots be. If Grimlock is going to be in it for film no 3 if made then he should be something heavy and big and armed to the teeth.

Question for those that want the Dinobots, shoudl they as stupied as they were or do you want smart dinobots ?. Grimlock we know been smart once and overall hated for that. I cant see Slag, Snarl, Sludge smart...Swoop I can see a bit smarter as I dot see him as dumb as the other 3.

20. Bottom Out

dinobots have no disguise on earth, giant metal dinosaur or giant metal robot....not going to work

thats another good point, why throw in all thier options into one movie? first movie was the bots in general, now we have combiners, next movie we can get the autobot equivalent and see the dinobots....throwing everything into one movie would suck

smart