D.I.A Commander release this week, new weapon added.....

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red leader, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Got news this morning that the Fans Project DIA Commander is ready for release towards the end of this week / beginning of next.

On the wholesale side there has been a price increase of $35 which is to cover an as yet unidentified free gift and additional weapon for the armour.

I'm trying for pics and further details, as soon as I get them I'll post up

Best

Andy :) 

to clear it up on the price increase it is just wholesale so whoever you've ordered from should not charge you more if you have already paid, lack of ethics going on there if it is the case.

As for the free gift it is free, the increase is to pay for a new package design and the new weapons which were a result of the uber thread which was posted here some time back, I dont think its fair to rag on them as it is just a case of trying to keep people happy and not make more money, the retailers will be the ones to blame if they pass the cost on.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  2. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so....if we buy it theres gonna be something else with it? cool!!!!!

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Hmm..an increase of 35..don't think I like that. On the other hand, it's possible the extra gift + weapon more than justify that price. :) 

Even more reasons for people with the Powered Commander to start feeling bad?...

4. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    the $35 is on wholesale, we're not adding that on to our current price and will take the hit for it, it is apparently to cover the changes in box art, new weapon and free gift which are rumoured to be Shoulder mount missles and some stickers but as yet uncomfirmed.

Still its looking nice, I just need to find a damn henkei prime :banghead: :thumb 

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wanted to say real fast that if the gift was free that the increase should have nothing to do with that.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, ditto. I'm starting to wonder if FansProject is getting too big for their britches. I've got this guy on preorder at BBTS ($120), but if I see an additional $35 increase at the last minute on my preorder I will promptly be canceling it. I don't give a crap what the 'new weapon' & 'free gift' are at this point... you don't increase prices right before release an item like that. While Kapow Toys may be kind enough to 'eat the additional cost', but will other etailers? Like I said... if BBTS increases the price on me I'll cancel. It's cool, but it's already more expensive than the other two sets (for obvious reasons), but I can't say that I feel justified in it becoming anymore expensive than it is. Not for my collection anyways.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'm not a native English speakers so sometimes I get confused by some words :p  I thought the retail price of DIA Commander everywhere would increase, but it's the total price you, as a retailer, will have to pay for the whole package? :)  Whew!

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Technically speaking, if the wholesale price goes up, then ordinarily the end user price goes up, too :p . That's one hell of a price increase, though, if it's wholesale. That would normally mean a $50-70 bump on the MSRP.

9. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    They might be TRYING to boost the price to help make this more expensive than the Powered Commander release, thereby reducing some of the nerdrage backlash...

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I think the extra $35 is for the sum of all the items they've ordered. So say they ordered 50 units, that they're paying an extra $35 total from their previous total they were given. That's how I understand it.

Randy

11. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from what i understand if you preorder somethign at bbts and they get a price increase you get the lower one

12. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yah i think you're right.

i think they advertise that. preorder at current price and you dont get the increase price if it changes. unless i'm confusing this with another online retailer.

13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Sometimes that's true, but I know at least one instance (the recently announced Bandai Armor Plus Ryo) where the pre-order changed and BBTS sent a notification and bumped my pre-order price up to the new price.

It probably depends on how drastic the change, and how much their profit margin stands to be affected.

This $35 increase at the wholesale level confuses me though. Assuming a 40% discount for wholesale cost vs. MSRP (which is fairly normal) that's supposedly a MASSIVE increase to the base price. For the price to not go up would be shocking. Unless it's a $35 increase per case, as opposed to per-unit, which would make more sense.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Red Leader,

Can you clarifly on this $35 increase? Is it per commander, per case, per order?

15. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn it I needed another week to two weeks to save up for the 120 price tag now I have to save up even more and probably will miss my pre-order. LOL oh well tis life.....

16. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    its $35 per unit not per order so its on each individual set of armour, its a direct result of the thread on here and not a sales ploy by FP , they genuinely have to offset the price of the set due to the last minute changes.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  17. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i sent bbts.com a email and they told me if there is a price change for a toy the customer will get the lower price

18. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Given the margin that most retailers are making on this particular toy, though (which, as I understand it, is higher than normal)... I wouldn't be surprised if they simply chose to eat the extra cost, or to only pass on the additional $35. Just because the margin is typically 40% doesn't mean every increase merits adding the increase + 40% to the price for the customer!

19. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    The sticker will be either a chromed TFCON sticker or a TFCAN sticker.

Variant hunters start your engines.

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hang on wait price is up $35 due to a free gift being added plus a yet unknown accessory ... k that's an interesting way to put it. This $35 accessory should be interesting

ps if its the lunch box of energon goodies I'm just going to sit back and watch the internet blow up