D.C. and Maryland Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Rodimus, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

Ebay:
    The Carroll Island Walmart, near Bengies drive-in, had the full Studio Series deluxes last night right before closing. I'm not interested in them, so I'll let everyone know when and where I see them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like someone made a conscious decision to not stock toys at the Glen Burnie Target on Ritchie hwy. I haven’t seen anything new there in months.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I haven't been keeping up. Is Toys R Us in Frederick and Owings Mills still open?

Any one have a report or sightings about the Toys R Us in our area?

4. Shinzero02

Shinzero02 Well-Known Member

Owings Mills is still clearing out stuff. Their parking lot was full tonight.

5. Megagalvatron1

Megagalvatron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fredrick toys r us is still open. It’s pretty well stocked to. No newer stuff though

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Well I had success last night over at Germantown Walmart. There is still one Hungurr available (I didn't even want to try my hand at finding in store, so already ordered online), but they were just getting the pallets out at 10 last night. Which happened to have a lovely box of Studio Series on it, as well as what appeared to be more actual transformers. Might mean wave 2 of the Prime Masters.

And as if that didn't get any better, I also spied a box of the Deadpool Marvel wave. I unboxed that for them on the pegs, but I did claim the Domino and Cable. I think there might be two boxes, but the rest is on peg. Plus I saw a box of two Infinity Gauntlets, some more Black Panther merch and a bunch of other stuff. So FINALLY after all this time, the store will actually be stocked. Unless someone gets there and finds differently. Or unless the stock dude is slow.

Also, had some fortune at Union Station DC Walgreens. They had a Shockwave from the latest Cyber Battalion series, which I grabbed Friday afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At Glenburnie toys are us. No thunder cracker. They do have a fresh cases new Lego mini figures. Minus what I hope is that jumping out of the cake guy.

8. George982

George982 Well-Known Member

Checked Belair Target in search of Studio Series Leaders. No luck. I managed to find some more Solo figures. Tried to purchase Han Solo’s land speeder, however the manager would not sell it to me, and proceeded to have all Solo merch removed from the shelves, as they should not be out until 4/13. I argued the fact that she should at least sell it to me, because it was their mistake for having it on the shelf. Why should I not have the right to purchase something that is available on the shelf to be purchased!!??? She wouldn’t budge. She said it’s a licensing issue, and they could be fined. Again, not my problem!!!! Maybe they shouldn’t have put it on the shelf then!!!! I did manage to get the six inch black series Island Journey Rey for $1.99 though. She didn’t ring up properly, so the cashier manually keyed in the price as $1.99.

9. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

Annapolis has a studio series grimlock & blackout, but I wasn’t interested in purchasing, so left them there.
    DEC18D26-473F-4E64-AF07-0FC0AD29D557.jpeg
    (If pic displays upside down, then not much interested in fixing that either).

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    You're not alone. I've been looking for a Dragon Stars Hit and they haven't had ANY period last few times I went in there.

I really hate that these sloppy ass big box stores now HAVE to be one of my sources.

• Like Like x 1
  11. spinrut

spinrut Well-Known Member

Damn, I was there Sunday morning around 10 and I didn't see any voyagers left. DOnt recall the Studio series, but I may have missed them chasing after one of my kids running for the dinosaur toys. I do recall seeing a bunch of snarls, blackwings and ripper snappers but that was about it. If it was restocked Saturday night, it was relatively picked clean by Sunday morning. Sad me. Still on the hunt for Hungurr, though we did score some sweet Easter chocolate eggs for 70% off, so not a total waste!

12. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

Ebay:
    Why do I feel like this was a insult in my direction? Maybe I'm taking it wrong. I was just stating that this line isn't for me, so I'm looking out for everyone else.

13. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I didn't take it like that in reading. I think it sounded just like a multi-share.

To be honest, with the Studio Series stuff, after looking at reviews, I'm just not interested. The MPM line seems to be hitting that spot for some. But personally I'm just done with movie line pieces unless something cheap drives my attention.

14. George982

Walmart in Owings Mills currently has a Voyager hungurr and all of the deluxe studio series figures.

15. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

Alright guys, I'm outta here. It's been really nice being on this thread and talking to you all. I will visit here every once in a while. But in the meantime, G1 Liokaiser is gonna transform and roll out.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    So the Deadpool wave I put out was gone by morning. Studio series was the smaller deluxes (couple of stingers, one Ratchet, no voyagers. And no new potp or prime masters.
    Also, the gauntlets were the smaller variety ones. One ghost rider.
    Which means if you're reading this, I'm happy for your inventory but leave some stock for the other collectors. Unless you're just a normal collector, in which case, don't be a stranger. It would be nice to know if we're being scraped in this area. Because those planners ain't gonna fill themselves

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Aww man. I liked your posts. Sorry you're leaving. For real. Hit me up on pm if you want to talk.

• Like Like x 1
  18. George982

White Marsh Walmart is fully stocked with about 2 cases of studio series deluxes. No voyagers or leaders though. Also managed to nab all of the wave 1 2018 vintage collection 3.75 inch Star Wars figures. Rey, a first order stormtrooper, and Snoke are still remaining.

19. Megagalvatron1

Megagalvatron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GameStop by wal mart in Hagerstown has all the deadpool marvel legend figures

20. BatLantern

BatLantern Well-Known Member

My wife picked up the Shockwave from Walgreens (I think in Leesburg,VA) about a week back and I've got to say.. I love it. Looks awesome as a CHUG fig along with my of my favorites from the more normal Generations line. I wasn't too hot on these Walgreen's (exclusives?) at first seeing the over simplified style.. but my 7 year old LOVES the Sideswipe (his top favorite toy right now) and I am surprised how much I like Shockwave. I still miss my old battery powered, lights and sounds laser gun Shockwave from my youth in the 80s. :) 

Walgreens Rockville 7 locks had a Sideswipe on the shelf.