D.C. and Maryland Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Rodimus, Jan 27, 2003.

1. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    gaithersburg TRU restocked... POTP wave 1 dlx but also has 2x rodimus unicronus.

2. prayfortheasteroid

prayfortheasteroid Active Member

Frederick is never going to see the wave 2 Voyagers, I just know it. The Target will be Starscreams eternal, and the 85 Walmart is still waiting for that sweet, sweet payday when a rich benefactor bursts in desperate to get his hands on 10 or so beat-up TR Megatrons and Broadsides at full price. It also hasn't restocked its Legends or Deluxes in over a week.

Haven't had the heart to check the TRU or the 26 Walmart.

3. Lupine Maximus

Lupine Maximus Decepticon Powermaster

There was a bunch of Wave 1 photo figures at Reisterstown Toys R Us. And behind a leader photo Optimus was 2 Lemmy Kilmisters.... I mean, Rodimus Unicronus. I nabbed one, and left the other for who ever wants. Plus there are still Titan masters there too.

4. Yaujta

Yaujta Chill dad. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Picked up the lone Lemmy (I like that reference) from the Hagerstown TrU. Nothning else of note in the Hagerstown region.
    The figure is... okay. Nothing remarkable, but it's not as terrible as I was fearing. It isn't good by any means, but like i said, it's okay.

5. Lupine Maximus

Did yours have trouble tabbing together for space Winnebago mode? I kinda got it now, but dang it is a pain the first time. Plus the hips on minw are kinda loose.

6. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Yeah, the top barely tabs together.
    The hips aren't loose, but the knees suck.
    Plus those shoulders...
    Ugh.

7. Lupine Maximus

I was teally looking forward to the figure, but was let down. And as Baltmatrix says in his Transformer Studio reviews, "Does it deserve the hammer?" I would have to say no. $52 is kinda pricy to smash this thing

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Only one left as of yesterday. The other is mine. Mine I say!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The top tabs are a little tight but work solidly on mine. No issues either on my copy to report either. Solid in all modes, actually more so than Evo Rodimus for things like the tabs for the pipes and sides of the trailer. I'm considering myself lucky.

I have a serious spot in my heart for black variants. And on Hitman Hottimus Unicronus to me he just pops. Are the stickers a pita? Sure. Is he mostly a recolor, save for the evolution head? Absolutely. But the color swap works so well on him it's hard to ignore the spots of purple that offset that black and break it up. Or the Scourge red in the windscreen. Getting him home it was serious drooling on my part. That head is total metal, like melt your face off. Even the name rolls off the tongue. And I like that the initial bot is 'Nemesis Hot Rod'. Like dude, you got Optimus killed. Doesn't that already make you his nemesis? Overall, Lemmy Prime is a win in my book. Plus, black variants always triple in price just because. Watch him be the best characterization ever in the next part of the GO90 series.

I'm also happy you all are finding Deluxe figures. I saw the one lone Rippersnapper at Germantown Walmart. Man, that place....ugh.

9. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:

a coworker of mine's wife part times at that walmart and says that the toy employees pick through the toys before they hit the shelves. hence they have tons of killmongers, and no panthers lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yaujta

News Credits:
    I'm returning it to TrU today. Sadly I just can not find enjoyment in it whatsoever, and for the price, it isn't worth keeping.

11. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

Ebay:
    One battle slash and road trap at Rosedale tru. Two tailgates if anyone cares. They’re above the hulk hogan Rodimus.

12. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

Just leaving a target and 5below that are in the same plaza.
    1) the 50% off cartwheel its marvel infinite series (and potentially some others, but mostly the spiderman line). They did have 20% off black panther items ($15.99, no cartwheel needed), BUT when I scanned some with the app, they came up $13.59 & $13.60, which they price matched. So, scan with the app when you can, as there might be even lower prices.

2) at 5below, saw a number of titan masters for $3, but older waves. Some others have reported seeing Ramhorns. They also had 6” marvel legends & dc figures from dr strange, suicide squad and wonder woman for $5 each.

I’ll be heading back to tru to return some items that I just found at better deals than their bogo 50% off less than 1-week ago.

13. BatLantern

BatLantern Well-Known Member

One lone Rippersnapper at Mt. Airy walmart tonight. Everything else long gone and I was only looking for the Dinos.. so I left it there.

5 Below in Germantown had a few of the headmasters for $3, but not Ramhorn. Has anyone confirmed if this "5 Below" Ramhorn has slightly different coloring than the Aldi's one?

14. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Tons of Battletraps (as in tons of both of their components. I honestly haven't learned their names) at Georgia Ave DC Wal-Mart. One Tailgate. Almost literally no other Transformers.

15. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Huh, that's a good question. I didn't know there was a running change during release.

16. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
    I found one at the 5 below in Bel air, here's a picture received_10104191629832195.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

If anyone still needs an SNES Classic Edition, I have one I'd be willing to sell for $80. Please PM me if you're interested.

18. SoundJack426

SoundJack426 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It seems Targets are starting to get POTP Wave 2 figures, since I found all three legends at the Target in Gaithersburg. They had a whole case when I left, but I didn’t see any other size classes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    thanks ill try to hit that up later tonight.

gaithersburg tru has 1x rodimus unicronus.

20. CrazyLegs

CrazyLegs Well-Known Member

Nothing at glen burnie but there's 1 more ramhorn left at the arundel mills five below. I stuck it behind some of star wars stuff on the pegs its by.