D.C. and Maryland Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Rodimus, Jan 27, 2003.

1. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me I had money set aside
    I was looking for sealed (or very good) Euro Action Masters, Turbomasters, Stormtroopers, or Lightformers, Takara Metals vs. sets, anything Beast Wars Returns, Takara Beast oddballs like the Diver or Volcano sets, pristine copies of US Pretenders, large Decepticon Targetmasters (Misfire, Slugslinger, Triggerhappy), and an MP Cheetor.

That's just some of the stuff on my wishlist.

I settled for Cesium, Thunder Erebus, Tyrannatron, and a set of those KO OS Jei Jiang Aerialbots. Most 3P stuff can be had for 20-30% less through Tao Bao, but since I was there I figured why not.

Exclusives are never a priority for me either. MMC usually puts them up on PSX afterwards. Way better to get a Shadow Calidus that way than pay an extra $10 for access early and get up at 8 AM, IMO.

Still happy with what I got, still had fun.

• Like Like x 1
  2. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know vendors had G1 stuff but I'm super picky. I need it to be dead mint if I even consider buying it.

3. vladimir-pocket

vladimir-pocket Decepticon

News Credits:
    Anyone else have their NYCC grotesque marked delivered yesterday even though it never showed up? :banghead: 

4. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh. No. Sorry. I got mine. Was yours shipped via FedEx, and if so, did you contact them?

5. vladimir-pocket

News Credits:
    Yea I just filed a claim. But on the toy board someone started a thread with the same issue. I guess I’m not the only one.

6. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is so bizarre that it is happening to multiple people. I hope they quickly resolve the issue (and more importantly you get Grotusque). I empathize with your because I had a similar issue with UPS recently and they were so annoying to deal with.

7. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

Target app (and some circulars) have save $10 on toy & game purchases over $50 and $25 off toy/game purchases over $100. Some restrictions like excluding Lego, blah, blah, blah. I picked up the smaller die cast Voltron set, as I felt they'd scale well with wst's, and some TFs to round it over the century mark. (Surprised at how many tr blitzwings im seeing... whelp, already picked that up a few months ago from either hts or amazon.)

Unexpected bonus on the diecast Voltron was that they were labeled as $69.99, but there was a $5 discount for some reason. I was just surprised when my receipt said I saved $30 rather than $25.

8. vladimir-pocket

News Credits:
    Update! A kind gentleman a few streets over dropped my grotesque off to me a few minutes ago! Said it was delivered to his house by mistake somehow.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

That's awesome! This is strange though because I've had the past 2 packages I've ordered have the same thing happen with both USPS and UPS. I'm a bit concerned about online orders now.

10. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've turned almost completely to online to get figures because of how frustrating distribution is on these things. You definitely do not get as many deals but it saves so much frustration finding empty shelf after empty shelf at brick and mortar.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
    Yup, the Target in Aberdeen has been a disaster trying to find anything new for a while now. It's had the same two old TR figures on the shelf since I was five.

I also have gone to online for most things. I picked up Sludgeslinger on Amazon when it fell to $20 and was fine paying the extra 5 to be done with it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Extrazero

Extrazero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed! It’s amazing how many people want to support B&M, but they don’t have the product, so we have no choice but to go online—then the story is spun as “consumers are choosing to shop online”

• Like Like x 5
  13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I mean, the thing is, it is by-and-large true. For your average consumer choosing to get, say, a book, a DVD, a game, chances are they default to checking Amazon.

We as collectors are different because what we want is more specialized, but people definitely are choosing online over B&M.

14. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Earlier tonight at Target Rockville:

-Repugnus and Shuffler Titan Masters
    -3x TR Voyager Octones, 1x Blitzwing, 1x Megatron

-3x TLK Voyager Scorn, 2x Nitro Zeus, 3x Megatron

Star Wars Black Series TLJ Wave 2 (Poe, General Leia, Maz, FO Disguise Finn)

• Like Like x 1
  15. George982

George982 Well-Known Member

4 MPM bumblebees, 1 TLK Voyager Hound, and 1 TLK Voyager Megatron at Owings Mills TRU.

16. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
    Nitros, TLK Voyager Megs, MPM Bees, Black series wave 2??? What the heck is happening all of a sudden??

I wonder what the Morty looks like in this universe?

17. JdotMtron

JdotMtron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any Overlord sightings?

18. TaintedPiffy

TaintedPiffy Well-Known Member

I literally logged in just now to report a sighting here in Frederick! No less than four Overlords on the shelf at Wal*Mart on 26 today. Which figures, considering mine from BBTS literally arrived just yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While out and about today I stumbled upon a shop called "New 2 Us"
    If you like retro games you definitely need to give this place a look. They had TONS of games for every system I could think of. And a decent amount of toys too. Mostly comic book type stuff though. Not much in terms of transformers unfortunately.
    But the prices seemed pretty good for a place like that. Definitely gonna be going back there again in the future.

Unrelated, what's the deal with those RiD 5-piece combiners? I want to buy the Autobot one, but I haven't seen it anywhere! Is it new? Or is it so old I missed the boat?
    I saw that and Menasor at Kmart in Crofton today, but the line was moving at a snail's pace so I ditched it.

20. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Non TF related:
    I just returned a brand new SW Black Series Hera to the Rockville Target tonight if anyone is still looking for one