D.C. and Maryland Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Rodimus, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Sharp N Squishy

News Credits:
    I was really happy with the dealer room. I budgeted myself $200 and spent exactly that. This is my haul:
    1E8AE40A-D803-45DB-A04A-591DEF328B26.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
    Awesome haul, guys. Here's mine

IMG_20170930_210811241.jpg IMG_20170930_212007349.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you were in the market for anything that came out in the last ten years it was great. I was not.

Pretty much everything you guys got can be bought cheaper and more easily online. I'm happy everyone loved it, but remain bummed that I didn't.

Ended up getting things I had planned on getting through Tao Bao just because they were there though. So it wasnt all bad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Extrazero

Extrazero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    7558A705-6CDA-4A3B-99F5-D09920F66848.jpeg I thought the dealer room was great! Albeit a tad cramped. I spent far too much. I will say that so much of the TR Wave 5 stuff sold early on Saturday. Worldsgreatest, I *think* I saw you talking to Baltmatrix, I was going to circle back and say “hi” but I didn’t see you again.

I walked away with Galaxy Meteor, Perfect Fusion Cesium, Striker Noir, Tyrantron, Rioter Despotron, TR TwinTwist and TR Overlord (Crashbox Customs sold me one during the RoC Party on Friday). I also grabbed a mouse pad and beer mug from Uncle Skully. Here’s my haul, combined with my roomie’s (sans Rioter Despotron as I bought him before I left yesterday).

• Like Like x 4
  5. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

News Credits:
    I'm glad that everyone who went to the convention was happy. I can't wait to do it again next year.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was going to post my haul, but I can't compete with the levels of awesome being thrown about. I yield to the greater hauls!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Partsformer

Twitter:
    Sucks you weren't into it. Yoshi from Transmissions Podcast did tell me that this was a smaller dealer room than usual.

As for price though, the only thing I overpaid for was Misfire because I'm sick of looking for him. And even then it was only 5 bucks over. I was checking prices on BBTS/Tfsource/TCP for all of the rest and paid right in line with the product price listings. It actually worked out cheaper because I didn't get hit with tax or shipping.

Edit: ExtraZero I saw you twice but never got a chance to say hi. I had the backward Orioles Memorial Day hat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Extrazero

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn’t really over pay for any of my 3P Purchases. Factoring out shipping, I did pretty well. Most of what I bought were items I needed to see first-hand to appreciate.

I think I saw you! I’m an O’s fan as well and I was happy ton see shirts and hats repping the Con.

• Like Like x 1
  9. maxlovesamber

maxlovesamber TF Addict.

News Credits:
    So if anyone happens to not want their Shadow Calidus, let me know. I had someone help me get exclusives since I couldn't attend the con and that was the one exclusive I was looking for that was already gone when he got there. Thanks guys!

10. SoundJack426

SoundJack426 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't believe I forgot to mention in here that I was there and who to look out for. I was hoping to meet some people from here in person, but I got caught up in the excitement of my first TFCon! I had a blast and I got a lot of really neat stuff, though I walked away from a few things (namely Transmetal Tarantulas, Cyb Megs, and the large Voyager Predaking). If I had made any different purchases I would've exchanged Cyb Menasor for one of those I mentioned (because they were all the same price). I cannot wait for next time and I'll hopefully actually try to meet people!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Partsformer

Twitter:
    I kinda want to keep the TF vibe going a bit. Any interest in a post-TFcon local meet up? I'm not sure what would be a good spot... White Marsh maybe? I've never planned anything like that so have zero experience. Something for everyone to think about, anyway.

And to keep the thread on topic - I haven't been anywhere to see anything

• Like Like x 2
  12. vladimir-pocket

vladimir-pocket Decepticon

News Credits:
    My tfcon haul! Super excited that I was able to get ahold of both maketoys starscream early! (And damn the g1 starscream might be my favorite 3P figure ever)
    42D7B120-0B9F-4846-A325-F8C13968D79C.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Extrazero

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d be down. I tried dusting off the thread in the meet ups board awhile back. Wasn’t able to garner much interest. I know the VA folks meet up regularly and extended invitations to me at TFCon. I’d like to make MD meet ups happen.

Columbia used to be a popular spot, but I’d be good with White Marsh, since the Avenue is pretty easy to get to...and I can bite the bullet and do an Ikea trip

14. vladimir-pocket

vladimir-pocket Decepticon

News Credits:
    I’d be down for that. White marsh is pretty close to me too.

15. Partsformer

Twitter:
    Yeah, lets see if we can't get some interest and make something happen. I figured the Avenue gives us lots of options.

"Group descends upon Ikea and buys every last Detolf, film at 11" :D 

16. Extrazero

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha so speaking of which, I’ll be on Shattered Cast and apparently I say “detolf” funny.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Extrazero

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SoundJack426

SoundJack426 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd be down to do some meet ups! I'm moving down to Rockville shortly, so White Marsh would be a bit away, so if this becomes a regular thing, I probably wouldn't be there every time, especially since I don't need to go to Ikea a lot (though I might need a new table since the layout of the new apartment might not have enough room for the pingpong table that has mostly been used for my reviews.) I'll definitely be checking out the Baltimore/DC Meetup page though!

19. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    It lives!! Godspeed on this count. Lots of cool folks around here that would enjoy each other’s company after they overcome the initial obstacle of actually meeting.

My family enjoyed TFCon. We left the two babies behind and a good thing too since it was assholes and elbows crowded especially early. It was good to see old friends and familiar faces even if I didn’t see everyone who was there.

• Like Like x 3
  20. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Haven't got a complete haul pic but I can post the pics I took of my purchases over the course of the day. TFCon was great fun and I will go again.

IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3375.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG

• Like Like x 2