D.C. and Maryland Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Rodimus, Jan 27, 2003.

1. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

I'm at TFcon now. Can't wait to meet you guys!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
    I'm en route now. Traffic on 495 is awful, but we figured that would be the case

3. vladimir-pocket

vladimir-pocket Decepticon

News Credits:
    Been here at the Hyatt since last night! Can't wait for the morning.

4. Extrazero

Extrazero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you all see this dude, don’t be afraid to say “hi”!

5. BatLantern

BatLantern Well-Known Member

What is the vendor scene like?

6. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

The convention is alive right now.

7. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

I’m here for tfcon! Grey jacket, penguins hat and the blue G1 marvel shirt, so feel free to say hi!

8. maxlovesamber

maxlovesamber TF Addict.

News Credits:
    One cyber battalion prime at the rt 40 Walgreens in Ellicott city

9. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I'm the one in the red robots in disguise shirt. Sitting in on the Aaron Archer Q&A right now.

10. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

Most of the main online dealers are here and there are a number of vendors selling loose figures at some really nice prices (one I've found that had so much in plastic bags that it was 'grab a few and name your price'). The captured prey had a few tables with BOGO at a discount and a table of open and slightly used products for 20% off.

Last night I went to a room that was having a parts party and had a lot of organized pieces together. I imagine that Sunday night room trades might offer even bigger discounts.

I so wanted to say I'm the one with the red TFcon 2017 bag; but for those here, I've got an orange sox baseball cap & a grey Baltimore black sox tshirt carrying around 2 full bags of stuff (thought I'd have a break to unload back to the car, but oh well... q&as with voice actors have been pretty entertaining).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
    Had to wrap up this con. Only one day for me. Had a blast and hope that come back next year.

12. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

I'm back from TFcon. I had an amazing time. Being that this was my first convention, it was really special and memorable. I can't wait to go again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

First for me too, but t sticking it out a little longer though. The banquet hall is full as they're playing the TF movie. Never watched it with so many fans there since when I saw it in the theatres in '86. Difference is the rocky horror picture show environment in audience participation as we're singing along with the songs and simultaneously voice acting the classic lines.... what a blast!!!! :D  Oh wait, blaster's radioing for backup. We know where this is going.:eek: 

14. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I'll be the dissenting voice here and say that I was pretty disappointed with the dealer room portion of the convention.

Definitely a good showing, but I was looking for boxed Animated or Japanese BW stuff, and Euro G1. Unless I missed it there wasn't much (if any) showing on those fronts.

Definitely fun, well attended, and well put together. Just not much of what I had hoped to find.

Also:

I think only one vendor had TR Wave 5 or 6, none had Overlord, and none had the TR Arcee Excl (my buddy was looking for one).

I finally just caved and ordered TR Waves 5 and 6 online to just be done with this headache of a year.

15. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

I saw Overlord there Saturday morning and one guy was playing with one during either the BW or G1 Q&A. The Dealer Room was ok for me, I just wish I had more money. I really wanted a DX9 Quaker, but only found one DX9 Bombadier(swoop). More Iron Factory would have been nice to get, but oh well. Overall, it would have been more fun if I knew anyone there or had a friend, but I don't have friends so....lol.

16. Captain

Captain W

good to meet some of you. Glad I was able to go

17. Captain

Captain W

There was some Japanese stuff. By the comic book artist people. On the right side facing the conference room.

18. Megagalvatron1

Megagalvatron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_8048.JPG Me and my kids had a great time there on Saturday. As it was my first transformer convention I didn't know what to expect. My daughters loved it. They constantly went around taking pictures with all the people in costumes. My youngest daughter was running around as the person in the Bob the insecticon Costume followed her around which a lot of people watched. It would be nice if it does come back to DC again as I really like going. Here's all I got. My kids got the stuffed transformers. I kept the galvatron one. My 4 year olds Aleta ones arms fell off though. IMG_8047.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sounds like you guys who were able to go had a blast. Was disappointed I couldn't make it this year due to other stuff going on over the weekend, but definitely hope they come back locally next year - would love to attend.

20. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

I thought the dealer room for TFcon was great. I found a lot of the stuff I wanted and then some. Everything was decently priced and a lot of variety. For anyone curious, here's what I got at TFcon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2