cyclonus/scourge mystery solved! :P

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Josh, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    so yeah

according to the TF:Tatakai game [which is meant to fit into jap G1 continuity] Cyclonus is made from "the scraps of the badly damaged Bombshell" and Scourge was "created from the injured remants of Thundercracker"

so there you have it

mystery solved

now to just solve the RIBFIR/FIBRIR debacle xD

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    "RIBFIR/FIBRIR debacle" the what?

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Rumble Is Blue/Frenzy Is Red vs Frenzy Is Blue/Rumble Is Red

It's spurred by the fact that the cartoon has it opposite of the original toys.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    And according to part 2 of "Target: 2006", Cyclonus was formerly known as the Decepticon Life Spark.

Your point being?

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Why-oh-why didnt they just call them Rumble drones?

6. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I think Josh was trying in part to make a joke about a never ending debate.At least that's how I interpreted it,seeing how there's a :p  in the thread title

7. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    silly transfans.. cartoons don't have to make sense :p 

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Bah. Skywarp = Cyclonus, Thundercracker = Scourge...because seekers, particularly badass black ones that were my favorite as a kid > stupid stuttering Insecticons. So there.

:confused2 

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    BAH! They're made of generic Seekers and Insecticon clones! Thundercracker, Skywarp, Bombshell, Shrapnel and Kickback didn;t REALLY get thrown out of Astrotrain!!!!!:p 

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yeah, we saw Thundercracker later at Starscreams corination and an insecticon on Junkion trying to squish Daniel.

11. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Rabble rabble, they both suck. rabble rabble!

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Plus, the insecticons were on Charr in FFoD! Muahahahaha my opinion based on character preference and hops n' barley is now canon!:drunk 

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Charr was a funny place, even Galvatron was seen cheering on the search for Galvatron. Skywarp ->Cyclonus, Thundercracker ->Scourge, Insecticon clones -> Sweeps, anything thing else ws an animation error. I also loved the Brawn/Huffer cameo in Carnege in C Minor! Rumble is blue and Frenzey red at least in the cartoons. Does any of that make sense? It doesn't have to. It's a cartoon.

14. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Because cartoon Rumble had a very strong highly-characterized distinct personality. That's why.

Frenzy on the other hand was just kinda' "there". And since the blue cartoon Rumble was given all of the strong characterization (while the toys had nothing more than bio cards) I will forever associate blue with the main cassette 'bot, and the main cassette 'bot is Rumble.

15. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    As for the Cyclonus/Scourge thing:

Yes, we saw two Cyclonus's being made. The one our eye was supposed to focus on was clearly Bombshell.

But it doesn't even matter. Unciron let Megatron keep his life, his personality (highly-twisted though it did become) and his memories. Unicron knew Megatron. He knew he was ambitious, respected, and a great leader. These traits served Unicron's purpose, so he allowed Megatron to "continue".

I doubt. Unicron knew any of the other guys. With that uncertainty present, Unicron would be foolish to let any of them live. He essentially took their bodies for parts and their sparks for life and put in brand-new personalities. In essence, he killed Skywarp, Thundercracker, and the Insecticons so it really doesn't matter who Cyclonus and Scourge came from since nothing remains of that former Transformer.

And even if Unicron did know everything about those other guys, Skywarp and Thundercracker were just guys doing their job with no real loyalty towards Megatron, and the Insecticons were downright treasonous and not really under Megatron's command anyway. None of them would make suitable personalities for Cyclonus and Scourge and Unicron certainly knew that.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    good point abt rumble's character's prominence cheebs.

now you make him sound like an attention whore. :( 

17. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I always thought that Cyclonus was a smarter Skywarp. Skywarp in my mind, was always loyal to Megatron, just not that bright. In MTMTE, Skywarp is the first transformer that Teletran 1 revives. Skywarp then directly brings Megatron into Teletran's range and revives him, while saying "Megatron...my leader." Some random G1 episode where they had that weapon on top of a Mayan pyramid, Thundercracker was talking smack about Megatron. Can't remember the name of the episode. We see Scourge doubting Galvatron in the episode where he takes the Matrix and assumes leadership of the Decepticons. Loose links at best, but just the way I like to see it.

18. Shaun_C

You know now that you mention it I don't think I can remember a G1 episode in which Frenzy even spoke.

And in the comics I recall seeing Rumble around more then Frenzy

19. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    heebs brought up the point that 2 Cyclonus' were made, but after that scene (and season 3/4) there was only 1 Cyclonus. At that point, I'd say that any speculation that the reformatted seekers and insecticons were major characters is suspect. As was said by Grimlock_13, clones, clones and more clones.

I'm going with this explanation...it's all clones. Just because there were no clones until the Unicron scene doesn't immediately make this idea bad. After all, where the hell did Powerglide and Warpath come from in "A Prime Problem?" In their first episode ever, they just appear after 15 minutes of story. "Oh, hey Prime. We've been just left of camera for the past year or so...right next to your trailer."

20. Shaun_C

That would be Fire in the Sky

That'd be The Burden Hardest to Bear

I Always just naturally assumed Skywarp was Cyclonus simply because they more or less had the same color scheme.And the same reasoning applies to Thundercracker as Scourge