Cyclonus' popularity?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Where's it stem from? Just out of curiosity, I have only little exposure of him from the original Transformers movie and the cameo he made on Animated. Is he like a super badass? Indulge me, please.

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    After the '86 movie, he was a pivotal character, taking up as the right hand of Galvatron, and when Galvy went pyscho, was pretty much the man.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cyclonus_(G1)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  3. AMG

AMG Old School

He's a powerful bot and a loyal lieutenant to Galvatron. He also has a sense of warrior's honor to him, as he once saved Ultra Magnus from death because he believes great warriors like UM should only die in battle. He's a solid all around character.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

People mistakenly think he's Skywarp (another inexplicably popular character), and as the only genuinely honourable Decepticon, he is favoured by Decepticon apologists.

5. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ Sledge...what makes you think Bombshell is Cyclonus?

It makes more sense for Bombshell to be grouped with his fellow Insecticons and become a Sweep.

Anyway, Cyclonus is pretty awesome. I like Armada Cyclonus better though.

6. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

He was pretty much a 3 dimensional character as everyone's pointed out, he's an evil character (and quite intelligent and rather even tempered in contrast to his master) but he still held loyalty to the Decepticon Cause and his psychotic leader (despite his rather obvious flaws) as well as his own personal sense of honour. He was quite an interesting character :) 

7. Optimus Sledge

No, it really doesn't. There's no trace of any former personalities (not that Skywarp had one anyway) in Cyclonus, Scourge or the Sweeps. Their bodies were used as raw material for all new Transformers. Skywarp, Thundercracker and all the Insections/Insecticon clones died.

8. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    You sir are CLEARLY wrong...Thundercracker and skywarp can be found inscrolled in the bay- verse Devastator's balls....Plain as day....

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He's got like Batman ears, and I think people are down with that.

But seriously, I think its because he showed himself to be competent, is regarded as one of the most powerful transformers, and he has a pretty sweet looking alt mode. I mean, realistically, what's the reason for any transformer's popularity?

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think it's his animation model. That sleek jet mode and that sleek robot mode. His G1 toy was a bit of a let-down when compared to it, but you've gotta love the animation model. Made a really good Universe figure too.
    I quite like how he is in the UK Marvel comics. Him and Scourge had it all while they were hooked up with Galvatron and Unicron but it went a bit tits-up when they got left on their own. Still powerful, but not as much as they were when they were fuelled by Unicron. That must've been a bummer to the ego when they had to stand on their own. Had a punt at leading the future Decepticons though. I liked how they could still be cowards when being chased by Deaths Head, and how they nipped off into the past to hide as troops under Scorponok's command and became Targetmasters.
    Really since I like the Marvel portrayal of him it's hard to separate him from Scourge because they hung around together so much, but they both had a similar way of thinking. And it was cool how weak Cyclonus was as he begged for help from Scourge as his head was about to be ripped off by Megatron. And then Scourge buggered off and left him to his fate. :) 
    So yeah, that stuff.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Its not possible for Bombshell to be a "SWEEP".

He could only be Cyclonus or "Armada".

12. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh. Armada was a mistake. In reality, there is no such character.

13. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

He's definitely reformatted from one of the Insecticons, seems like it was Bombshell. Thundercracker was reformatted into Scourge just before. Rewatch the movie and you'll see.

I remember watching TFTM '86 for my first time and when Cyclonus came onto the screen I went "...woah." He has a fantastic design and he's really a great anti-hero.

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Unicron actually said, "And here's Amanda." That other 'Cyclonus' was a fembot. :p 

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Ugh.......I suggest you do some research before you make statements calling them "real".

He was no mistake.

In reality, "Armada" was intended to 1 of a group of "Cyclonus" styled robots.Basicly they were supposed to be a group just like the Sweeps that all looked like Cyclonus.

The idea was dropped early on.

But regardless of wether it was dropped, 1 such character did appear in the 86 film.

So the character does exist.

16. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Its not only because of his design, but also of his character development. He is very solid in all aspects, and a character you come to like immediately. Check the final season of G1 and you will understand why he is such a beloved character.

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Unfortunately the Japanese Headmasters series doesn't make you love him as much.

18. Optimus Sledge

I've seen season 3. I'm still not that bothered about Cyclonus. Cool design, but I really can't get interested in someone who spends so much time fawning to a loony.

19. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    That's one of the reasons why the Marvel comic version is my fave. By the time Galvatron goes nuts he and Scourge have already cut out.

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I regret not buying Universe Cyclonus when it camme out.