Cyclonus is Bombshell

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TFFan01, Dec 17, 2016.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Last I checked, Hasbro was responsible for their own product. If Hasbro wants Bonecrusher to survive his encounter, he survives his encounter. I'm not in the business of telling them what they decided on is wrong.

If Hasbro says Cyclonus is bits of dead Decepticons rather than an upgrade of a character, then that's what he is. The accompanying comic is even based in the Sunbow Universe...so we can safely assume that's their CURRENT intent, regardless of what the original intent was.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    That's always been my headcanon too. I find it more fun to use my imagination rather than attempt to make sense of something like the Transformers cartoon which has so many conflicting parts and convoluted stories.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

"Cyclonus is Bombshell" is an incorrect statement even if Cyclonus is/was meant to be fashioned from Bombshell's corpse alone.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah. Cyclonus is Cyclonus. That was the entire point. They're not old characters in new bodies, they're new characters made from old, dead bodies.

The correct statement is "Cyclonus was created from Bombshell." Which he was.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    Except when he's not. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think that the reformatted Decepticons were supposed to be dead. I assume that they were supposed to be alive, possibly unconscious/deactivated, but still alive.

7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If Hasbro says they were dead...they were dead.

8. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Sorry didn't know you were referring to the bay film

yeah but when he's not it was "life park"

If that's what's Hasbro wanted then they should've made sure it's what happened and current intent does not outweigh original intent

In general intent is irrelevant when it doesn't follow suit with the finished product

**merged 3 posts, use MULTIQUOTE FUNCTION

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You know, I need to quote this every time the BW fans try to fan-retcon Sparks into the G1 comics and cartoon because of one of the scripts from the movie that mentioned a lifespark. If it didn't make it into print/on screen, it isn't so. Rachet as a woman? Great intent, doesn't change the fact it never saw print. The only exception to this would be WFC/FOC, as the creators themselves said they wrote and designed it to be a G1 prequel of sorts, and it was Aaron Archer's incredibly bad Aligned idea that changed it. And truth be told, it didn't change it. However, try looking for WFC entries on the TFWiki. Hint: you should look up the TFP version of them, since that is what they are under...

10. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Hasbro says "deactivated", which is the EXACT same word that I used above.

The problem that I have completely accepting Bombshell as Cyclonus is this: How do we go from
    scourge_002.jpg cyclonus_003.jpg

to this

scourge_004.jpg CyclonusSweeps.jpg ???

For decades, I had assumed that the creators changed their mind to make Bombshell a Sweep rather than a Cyclonus. By default, it made Skywarp the "real" Cyclonus. However, it was during the previous "Who is Cyclonus?" thread (Who Became Cyclonus?) that I came to realize that the fluctuation between the number of Sweeps and Cyclonus(es) had NOTHING to do with who they were prior to the reformatting. I just really wish that someday, SOMEONE involved with the creation of the movie, would provide any explanation at all as to what the thought was with changing of the Scourge to Cyclonus ratio from 3:2 to 4:1. Hopefully, that could finally give some closure as to who became who.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    This argument almost always hurts my head, as there are some key points that are being overlooked.

Everybody except Megatron was deactivated by the time they reached Unicron, so the argument is irrelevant.

However, if I had to chose a side, I'd choose Skywarp.

Cyclonus simply can't be Bombshell because Bombshell wasn't ever reformatted by Unicron. It was an Insecticon clone that simply looked like Bombshell. If the clone was reformed by Unicron, this would explain why we have up to seven Sweeps in the G1 cartoon, when the movie only beholds three. The Insecticon clone would still have the ability to clone themselves despite having been reformed by Unicron. Also, Bombshell and the other Insecticons reappear in Season 3, clearly showing that they weren't reformatted. And these weren't animation errors.

Cyclonus was once Skywarp simply because of his loyalty to Megatron. Skywarp was the first Transformer to awaken on Earth, and he instantly repaired Megatron. Secondly, Scourge was once Thundercracker. Wouldn't make more sense for Skywarp, the other betrayed seeker, to have became Cyclonus? Also, Hasbro got rid of all Season 1 characters. The ones that survived to the end of the show were reformatted into new forms, the only exception being Optimus. It would make more sense to have both of the original seekers ressurscted to survive the end of the show.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Altered Prime

. Tell me can you prove that it was a clone and not the original bombshell?

I know you can't but I'd like to see you try

The insecticons we see in season three could very well be clones and the originals could've been reformatted the evidence points to both equally
    To put it simply, you proved absolutely nothing

Unicron has proven he's more than capable of reprogramming personalities so the fact that cyclonus is loyal is not evidence of who he may or may not have been in a previous life

Secondly, The Insecticons are also season one characters, based on your own logic it would make sense to have one member of each team survive the reformatting who the end of the show

13. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Hey, you do you and I'll do me. In the long run of things it won't matter who became Cyclonus because whatever personality he had before is dead. I've just always been a Skywarp fan, so I'm obviously going to support Skywarp being made into Cyclonus.

14. Altered Prime

Got to say sorry if I sounded rude yesterday that wasn't my intent

Just having a bad week

15. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    You're apology is forgiven. We all have bad days and weeks. :) 

16. Ioz

Ioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with this. While I don't think anything can be proven definitively, I tend to side with Skywarp being Cyclonus.

17. Altered Prime

Can't be proven definitively???

The storyboards prove it definitively we may have preferred something else, but the storyboards tell us who was chosen

• Like Like x 1
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The only reason people believe Cyclonus is Skywarp, despite clear evidence to the contrary, is because it would preserve what little character continuity G1 had. The fans liked Skywarp and Thundercracker, even though the creators didn't care. Hence their unceremonious deaths and recycling into the next wave of toys. Cyclonus is quite clearly Bombshell, easily discerned from the narration and action on the screen as well as storyboards, supplementary material, etc. But fans still cling to this nonexistant idea that the characters were little more than walking adverts for toys, and that the creators actually cared about the story they were telling. But they didn't. Nobody in the production thought "hey let's turn those two Starscreams that filled out the roster into Galvatron's new servants" because they probably didn't even know who they were. All they did was take two random "charatcers" who were dead and made new toys out of them. It defies all understanding of the fundamentals of a narrative that the character front and center would not be the one identified first.

And the idea that Cyclonus is just a bombshell clone doesn't make sense, even under the assumption that these are characters with a story. One, they wouldn't bother save damaged Insecticon clones in the first place. Only the three main Insecticons were considered characters. And where even were these clones before this scene? Furthermore, the idea that it was Bombshell's clone and that's how the Sweeps came about doesn't make sense either. Why would Cyclonus clone himself and make Sweeps? Wouldn't he make more Cyclonus-looking guys? And Skywarp being most loyal to Megatron/Galvatron makes no sense, either. He wasn't the most loyal, he just knew it was better to revive his leader than, say, another random Decepticon. And even still, Cyclonus is an entirely new character, and wouldn't have any traces of his past "self." He was loyal to Galvatron because he was designed to be by Unicron. He never mentions Megatron or his former life.

So from either a real life prespective, or an in-universe one, Skywarp being Cyclonus makes no sense unless you actually make things up. He was Bombshell, because that is what was shown.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I've come to realize that when the creators were coming up with Cyclonus and Scourge's personalities, they weren't continuing personalities of existing Decepticons. They were creating all new personalities. They didn't have any idea who the characters were going to be/who they were. It is kind of ironic though because I always have seen a little bit of Thundercracker is Scourge.

20. Altered Prime

Really?
    I see absolutely nothing of Thundercracker in scourge

May I ask what you see?