Customs: Cyclonus Ideas?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Basically looking for some kitbash ideas for Universe Cyclonus (withought Nightstick, as I plan on kitbashing him into Database). Oh, and I want to keep him as a Decepticon (they need the extra warrior). I'm usually good when coming up with kitbash ideas, but I've run into a bit of a block. Listed below are some of my ideas.

-Shattered Glass Cyclonus- Basically Hot Rod/Rodimus colors, though I'd keep him an evil Decepticon.
    -Skywarp- Inspired by Universe Skywarp (which I actually have). Skywarp is one of my favorite Decepticons, so another version of him wouldn't be bad.
    -Scourge- Basically Cyclonus in Scourge's colors. Kinda weird, but I think it would be interesting.
    -Jhiaxus- Inspired by RID Jhiaxus (repaint of the same mold that Un. Skwarp is a repaint of). I'm a big RID fan, so another RID homage wouldn't be bad.
    -Armada- No idea what coloring I could do on this guy. Basically supposed to be Cyclonus's "Armada" in G1.
    -Cryotek- Basically a "Cybertronian" version of RID Cryotek, in different shades of blue, with some gray, and then take the "ears" off of the head to round it off.
    -Jetstorm- Blue-ish green color with yellow and gray (third idea that's inspired by that one mold, and it's repaints).

That's pretty much all the ideas I have at the moment. Feel free to mention some of your own (maybe even with a description of where certain colors would go and what not). Thanks for looking, and for any good ideas brought up.

Attached Files:

2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

When I first saw this guy, I thought of Jhiaxus

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Paint him Black and Orange and just give him a new name or Black and turquoise and call him Nemesis Cyclonus

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, tbh I'm not a big fan of Nemesis *insert name* kitbashes. I personally would rather this be a cannon character. Any ideas out there for a potential Armada coloration? I'm beginning to think that Scourge's deco, or even the SG deco would work well for that.

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Well that does not feel like a slight against me at all.
    It would have come off less offensive if you had just said,

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sorry, it wasn't meant like that. I'll rephrase myself. I'm not a fan of Nemesis *insert name of random Transformers character* (Nemesis Megatron, Nemesis Cyclonus, Nemesis Wheelie, Nemesis Rodimus, etc...). It honestly wasn't meant to refer to you and your kitbashes.

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I actually thought of doing a Universe Scourge with Cyclonus (give him a different head and remove the wings and do a styrene-type shell that would wrap around him). I think it's possible to do, but I don't know that I'd ever do it. Just thought I'd share the idea in case someone wants to try it.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That would be very interesting. Though I'm not sure I'd be able to do the wing/cape/shell part of it.

What do you guys think of a RID Cryotek homage? Just added the idea to the first post. Working on some digibashes I might post too.

9. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just can't see this mold as anyone but Cyclonus. How's your custom-character kitbash coming along, btw?

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

G1 Scourge + Sweeps is my favorite idea that you've thrown out there thus far. How to make it work, though, would require a little bit of thought.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think that's why I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for the mold, as it really only fits Cyclonus. Raven is going good, though I haven't really done much with him yet. I'm currently "getting in-touch" with the mold, taking it apart, seeing what I'll need to do certain things. Can't honestly figure out hot to take appart the legs, though I think they're glued together. Only hard part about the bash will be swapping the heads, since the one on the mold, and the one I'm replacing it with have different connections.

My origional idea for it would basically just have him be Cyclonus in Scourge's color scheme, and I would do any of the Sweeps, tbh. Right now I think the best idea of mine, so far, has been the Cryotek one. At least with that one I'll be able to mod the head to make him less Cyclonus-y. Maybe even do something to the wings to make them point in the opposite direction.

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    What about Beast Machines Jetstorm? Yellow/Grey/Blueish-green with the same kind of wing set up

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ah, I thought of that at one point, but forgot about it. I'll add it to the list, and it's definitely a possibility. Any opinions out there about my Cryotek idea?

14. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Jetstorm is a good idea.... nice circular homage, since he was repainted into Cyclonus for Botcon years ago.

The mold would definitely look nice in Cryotek colors, and the alt mode does kind of look dragonish... in a vehicular way. :) 

As for other ideas, what about the G2 Cyberjets Strafe or Space Case, or some of their repaints? Or the Predator Snare? Or Dogfight? They all turn into forward-swept-wing planes. Oh, so does Triggerhappy, what about him (though ironically he is another Targetmaster). You could also go for an out-of-left-field choice.... a Beast Wars character, a re-imagined Pretender, maybe an Actionmaster? Or even a Gobot.