Cybetronian Artifacts

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by grimmlock, Mar 14, 2012.

1. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So far the Autobots have been able to obtain all cybertronian artifacts. From the imobolizaer, to the energon extractor, the magnetic pulser thing, and now the spark extinguisher. So far Knock out will seem to escape with a new artifact though.

I wonder if these artifacts will eventualy play a larger role. I'm also surprized that ratchet hasn't tried to weaponize them and upgraded them to fit the autobots.
    I think the imobolizer would be a great weapon to compact into an arm cannon similar to the EMP weapon Racthet had in TFA.
    These are some pretty powerful weapons and i'm surprised the autobots haven't taken more advantage of them to better deal with the decepticon threat and even the menace that was unicron.

what are your thoughts?

2. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    But if the Autobots become superior, there will be quite a few variants: the second season is the last, or the writers will need to upgrade the Decepticons, too. May be, they are a bit lazy about it for now?

This is, probably, the same line as Megatron hasn't killed Bumblebee, twice- they just do not go that far.

And I have some doubts about the real value of those artifacts...Even Megatron has said, that the weapons are just toys.

3. grimmlock

Ebay:
    I owuld have thought they would have brought them back out to deal with Unicro at the very least though.

4. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

It would've been nice to see them use the Immobilizer and Polarity Gauntlet to fight Unicron's Anti-Bodies.

5. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Yes, it´s kinda stupid. May the decepticons had kept the weapons, they would had won the war in a pinch, but the autobots simply stored them.

6. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    Theyre artefacts and the autobots don't want the chance to lose them again

7. grimmlock

Ebay:
    I agree but it would be cool if Ratchet was able to mimic the tech and apply them as weapon upgrades.

Something that could happen down the road

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Just once I'd like to see one of these things used outside it's debut episode. Hopefully now that Megatron has one we'll see it be used on a regular basis.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They serve as filler. Nothing More.

10. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I don't understand how all these weapons ended up on Earth, which JUST so happens to also be the planet Unicron is on. Was it intentional? Was it random? Did they just scatter them everywhere? Do a lot of other planets out in the universe have the same amount of secret weapons stored on them as well? Why did the Autobots keep them if they're not going to use them after they stole them?

These MacGuffins aren't as clever as they want us to think they are.

11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    He has probably tried! But old stick-in-the mud Optimus would say "No, they're far too dangerous and would cause even more human losses."

Silly Optimus.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Because, you see, so many of their fights take place in densly populated areas...

13. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    They said why in Orion Pax. They were sent away from Cybertron so the Cons couldn't use them.

There are probably a lot on other planets too. The war did span most of the galaxy if it's anything like the other conflicts.

14. Ratchets Hatch

News Credits:
    Are you being sarcastic? THERE ARE NEVER ANY HUMANS AROUND!!!

It's always in the middle of the desert or a canyon or the Earth's core or in SPACE.

I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic, though.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I'm always sarcastic.

16. VincentMagius

VincentMagius Well-Known Member

Imagine there's a doomsday device. You know it's not active. You don't know enough about it to dismantle it. Maybe you'll need it later if things really go south and you stop caring. You need to hide it, but where?

There's this cave a few hundred miles away with a small opening. It's in the middle of nowhere. You've looked around and watched it for months. There's no activity there of any kind. So you put it deep in this cave and wedge a rock in there to hide to opening.

You fight your little battles, and dang it, now I have a second device to hide. It's got some good potential use, but it's too dangerous to use right now. Where to hide it? No one found the doomsday device yet and there's plenty of room for more stuff, let's place it there.

That's pretty much why there's so many Macguffins on Earth. It was an out of the way planet with moderate climate and nice big mountains to bury stuff in. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, but it's wasteful to put only one egg in each basket when there's plenty of room.

17. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well the energon extractor got destroyed by Bulkhead didn't it? This is true though.. all of the other items have ended up in bot possession..didn't think about that hmmmm

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think they're just being cautious with the things, The Magnetic Polarizer for instance, is far too dangerous to deploy before doing some research on it, one misclick and that thing will twist your own insides.

19. grimmlock

Ebay:
    It got rebuilt to get the autobots out of that frozen state

20. Ratchets Hatch

News Credits:
    No, you're thinking of the immobilizer that was rebuilt.

The energon harvester was destroyed by Bulkhead.