Cyberverse??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DKM, Jan 20, 2012.

1. DKM

DKM Well-Known Member

What is your opinion on the cyberverse toy line?

2. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    i love them.
    I More than love them, they are fantastic! I used to hate the Legends class, but with DOTM, Hasbro really stepped up their micro-Scale league. The Legion class figures are getting more articulated, and the added function of the weapon clip makes these things totally fun and cool. The Commander class is a league all it's own, they scale wonderfully with the Legion class, and every single commander class comes with a weapon, something some Deluxe class figures can't even manage to have. And don't even get me started on the Playsets. Sure, having big figures is cool, but I would much rather have the option to create scenes with things such as the Decepticon Battleship Starscream has, the Lunar rover Ratchet has, and the Awesome Autobot Ark.
    And The Prime line looks even better than the DOTM line was! Legion figures come with Weapons now for their hands, unlike the DOTM ones, and the Playsets look even cooler! And another thing, I really don't have a large budget for TF's, and If I had been buying the mainline figures in DOTM, I would barely have any of the cast of the movie. But with the Cyberverse figures, I was able to complete the available cast from the movie and more.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're pretty cool but I've been able to mostly avoid the movie ones. The TF Prime ones however look like they're gonna be REALLY hard to resist.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    DotM Cyberverse - mediocre at best.

TF Prime Cyberverse - looks wonderful. I want all of them.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I have all the Wreckers, Crankcase, and Crowbar.

All of them but Topspin are pretty damn good. Crowbar is probably my favourite, and I hope to see more toys like that that are legends sized but fold out to a decent height.

I am planning on grabbing a LOT of the Prime ones.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Avoided the movie ones because I just don't like the movie toys.

I'm interested in getting the Transformers Prime Cyberverse figures because I could see some nice potential with the concept and it might be nice to collect Transformers that take up a bit less room.

Just too bad the concept might not ever get expanded to Generations or the video game related line because smaller figures might be a way for Hasbro to get around some of the problems with doing combiners. Plus the excuse to buy some of my favorite characters again.

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    The movie Commanders are great, the Legion/Legends are pretty cool too.
    TF:p rime Cyberverse looks to be a very fun lione to collect.

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Too Small and not that detailed.

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    The commanders are fantastic.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Super fun.

and great with base modes

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Overrated.

12. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    The only DOTM Cyberverse I'll be buying is a mass army of Orbital Assault Carriers. I'm hoping to get at least 15.

Prime Cyberverse looks to be a promising endeavor. I might buy the main cast plus a mass army of Vehicons.

13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Picture this: Cyberverse City Bots (Metroplex, Fort Max, Grandus, Trypticon) Roughly the size of the Ark. That way, Fort Max is big compared the Legion/ Legends class figures but small enough to be considered in scale to the Comics version (I doubt that Hasbro would do it though)

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Underated.

How can you not like Guzzle or Hatchet or Crowbar ?

I'm not sure if the original poster was referring to just Movie & Prime Cyberverse toys or to Commanders as well or to Legends / EZ Series toys in general though.

Sure you can complain about the plethora of Bumblebee's but that does not mean they have some merit The Legion wreckers are fun too for example. and the Blue Satellite Soundwave repaint from the 3 pack is quite nice too.

---

It is a shame that the larger Botshot Megatron & Optimus' do not share a linkage with the Cyberverse action Playsets though. I'm still trying to actually get enough of the things to make a convincing fortress.

Oh an legions also go quite well with the Deluxe Optimus Trailer too - they can stand on it like a readoubt .

http://www.conteco.com/images/Zulu/Last Redoubt/Redoubt.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Model_of_the_Redoubt_Fortress.jpg

15. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the basic cyberverse or the commanders as well?

Because while everything is subjective, of course, the commanders are close to being objectively some of the best sub-deluxe sized transformers of any major line.

Honestly, "cyberverse" and "cyberverse commanders" are two completely different things in terms of the quality and engineering.

16. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I love Cyberverse (and their predecessors, Legends). Where else can you get an Optimus and Megatron with competing trailer/base/armor, or an RotF Devastator with individual bot modes for the Constructicons, or all three Dreads and Wreckers, or those spaceships from DotM -- all relatively cheap and easily snuck into work?

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think Cyberverse Prime Legion Cliffjumper & Vehicon looks sweet & even Evac looks quite nice.

and the Prime Commanders are really good looking such as Megatron and Starscream..

18. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love them. They're cheap, they don't take up too much space, their scaled nicely, and they look awesome when set up with Basebots like Metroplex. Personally, I can see Cyberverse Basebots in the future if sets like Prime's Wheeljack's ship and Knockout with the Energon Drill sell well enough.

I'd pay a good amount for the Autobot base in Prime or even the con's ship bridge. Kids win cause it gives them a place to play with their figures. Us big kids win cause we can set up cool dioramas with them for our shelves.

19. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Monumental. Awesome. Fun. Addictive.

20. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Great little fellas.

I've added previous Legend sized cars to both sides as well as the various uses of Cyberjets and machine wars flip changer jets. Since they make for good additions and can use the 3mm weapons.