Cyberverse!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Feb 12, 2011.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Cyberverse is my new favourite thing this side of TFs. Seriously, these guys are awesome. Like Legends but better. The Ark looks great, and all the figures look hella fun. There even seems to be some cross-compatibility. (like on the two Megatrons, who are the same base robot but come with two different trailers) Also, I like Roller. He's got the big arm, but it actually looks like a prosthes... prosthe- fake arm, singe you can see a sculpted damaged arm. (complete with moulded snapped-off ball joint!)

BTW, I hope the little bases can be compatible with teh Ark. If not, it's okay since you can just place them together, but it'd be awesome if they could clip on or something.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Yeah, feels a bit like Micromasters all over again. I'm going to spend a lot of money this year...

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Yep, upgraded Micromasters describes them best. I love that all the Legends are new molds too!

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I need these. Like right now. NEED.

5. GeneralPrime

GeneralPrime Member

unfortunately with these upgraded-legend-class-type figures, we could expect a higher price than the previous legend class figures, but yeah, it's a pretty cool line, especially that ark playset

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Don't really have space to display my movie stuff right now, so I will be staying away from a lot of the smaller figures. Probably pick up the Ark to eventually set up with my Movie Robot Heroes. Looks like they stepped up their game a bit, there is gonna be one big cluster of Tranformers come mid-may.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    really love powerglide and prime with the trailer

8. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

I'm really likin cyberverse!! Just hope they bring back new molds of jazz, bonecrusher, and brawl just like blackout!

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Loving how Megs and Optimus really parallel each other with truck alt modes and trailer attack base thingies.

Blackout is all sorts of gold. Handles the rotor weapon FAR, far better than the Voyager, comes with a Skorponok figure (fingers crossed Skorpy transforms), AND should be a decent size larger than other Legends for some attempt at scale (robot mode should be good, at least; I hope).

I wonder what Roller transforms into. A space rover, maybe? Something man-made and space-explorey.

Starscream's ship looks like it might be THAT thing.
    Starscream himself looks... really mistransformed. But he can't be worse than the last one. ...Right?

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Screw Mechtech, THIS is where my money's going.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll give you Powerglide. He'll look nice with Beachcomber, Brawn and Hoist.

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Playsets ftw. I plan to have minicons and scouts man them

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    liking the idea, but only getting powerglide at the moment

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Honesty I'm pretty underwhelmed by them at this point. I'm interested in the Ark but that's about it. My interest in small Transformers (minus Scouts) has gone downhill. Not really impressed with them compared to the bigger boys.

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cyberverse makes me want to be eleven again.

I don't expect it to hold my interest enough for me to clean up the whole line, but bare minimum I'm getting Powerglide and Blackout just for the sake of their sheer coolness. I really think I'll get Starscream + carrier too. Prime + jetpack might be fun for flying around. And somehow if I can find room for it and my girlfriend doesn't judge me too much I could just see myself picking up that Ark...

Not only is it great to see them bringing in the playsets and experimenting with the smaller TFs, but I really like the space-based focus. I grew up with the space dogfights of the animated movie, but there were never really toys like the "Autobot shuttle," or really small playable toys of large characters, etc.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah... Powerglide and the Blackout looking helicopter / bot... whatever his name is.

17. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    please give me that Ark :D 

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I agree on both counts. I like the space-focused TF's and would've (and still would) enjoy toys of the Ark, Autobot Shuttle, Nemesis (That we never got a Titanium of it is a crime), etc.

I also like the idea of using Legends and Scouts to comprise a smaller scale. I'll be picking up the Ark and several of the Scouts and Legends. The only large scale DOTM toy that I've got any interest in is Voyager Shockwave.

Considering that I don't like the movie aesthetic, that they interest me at all is really saying something.

19. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Adding articulation to legends, which it appears as though has been done for this line, is pure win.
    Micromasters, Legends, Scouts and Deluxes are my favorite size classes. My only complaint was articulation. Seeing elbows, knees and ball-joints galore on these new figures is a dream come true for me.
    I will unashamedly buy each and every Cyberverse figure I find, some in multiples.
    Then a Fort Max, after I recover from the inevitable kidney-donation surgery.

I honestly hope beyond hope that there will be a Commander-class Shockwave eventually.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Looking at the official pictures he's deffinately way better. If his tail-fins and wings could fold up slightly he'd be perfect. Plus, real, useful articulation!