Cyberverse Ultra and Ultimate packaging stock photos

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Everytime I see someone go "These are for kids stop complaining!", I miss the days of Animated even more.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks fine. But not sure about their faces...

3. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Getting a real bus vibe off the optimus truck mode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. Maybe it's because we didn't know any better at the time. The only things that had me perplexed was why the hell Ratchet and Ironhide looked the way they did (obviously I was totally unaware of them coming form a previous Japanese toy line), why Bumblebee didn't have a face and why megatron's gun barrel wasn't on his back. The most posability I needed was being able to hold weapons out in front of them so I could have them shooting at each other. Same with my MOTU figures. It just never really occured to me to want to any more articulation, I just made up my little stories with them and then put them back in their respective toy boxes.

The kids I know now don't have anywhere near the patience to transform anything more than six or seven steps; probably children brought up on Transformers by parents who are collectors have different expectations, but even with my encouragement, my cousins' kids are far more interested in action features than 100% accurate transformations or loads of articulation. But I guess everyone's different.

• Like Like x 2
  5. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When do we get a trailer for this show?

• Like Like x 2
  6. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I wasn't going to comment on these but I just can't help adding this:
    People defending these as "THEY'RE JUST KIDS TOYS!" are ridiculous. I grew up with RID, and those toys are still damn fine. Even the G1 toys that other people older than myself grew up with are decent fun, despite often being total bricks. At least they had some solid materials (well, stickers aside) and often looked like real vehicles.
    These things... it's like they're not even trying.
    Which isn't to say I completely hate them - after all, I thought the RID 2015 toys would suck and I ended up liking them quite a bit (but not liking the high price that they most certainly are not worth) - but defending them on the supposed merit that they are toys for kids is ridiculous.
    Even as a child, I still had standards. Something like Crash Combiners would never have interested me even for a second because it is utterly deprived of any real creativity or ingenuity.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Bet Elaine is Bumblebee and George is Ratchet. Bania as Starscream

• Like Like x 2
  8. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

These look brilliant, I can't wait to pick them up at Dollar General.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gangu Stars

Gangu Stars Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Really like this Megatron, in both modes. And really don't care for the Prime, in both modes. :/

• Like Like x 1
  10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For the people complaining about these toys, don't you think Hasbro, a multi-billion dollar company, has done their research before producing thousands of these things? They probably figured kids simply like big toys that can be thrown around and transform—and that's all. If they're old enough to care about the articulation, detail and etc, then they're old enough to buy the mainline toys which aren't going anywhere.

• Like Like x 5
  11. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Here's what i see in all this.
    Megatron looks better than Optimus, but the guy lacks any articulation outside from being able to bend his legs and move his shoulders & thighs around.

Meanwhile Optimus has Superior articulation, but his alt-mode leaves a lot to be desired, mostly just to make the robot look good.

Basically Cyberverse seems to be a mixed bag when it comes to the toys.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still like Megatron, and Prime's fist kibble still blinds me whenever I look at it.

14. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    That's part of the problem, they invest more money into stupid marketing than the actual product! Also as previous people mentioned, older toylines were also aimed at kids and they were much better quality and had better aesthetics, as well being around the same price, if not cheaper. I'm so happy we have Wei Jiang and Tobots instead in Israel.

People give too much credit for Hasbro and forget all they did was selling Diaclone toys without their pilots and making a cartoon commercial. All the beautifully designed G1 toys were made by Takara.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I was a kid when the Animated toys were around. I could barely wrap my head around the Deluxe figures (though I'll concede my brother's Leader Megatron and the Activators weren't too bad). Most of the figures I had when I was a kid collecting, ended up broken before I figured them out. I am grateful for the simplicity of today, because there were a select few Transformers I owned as a kid that didn't break in my hands (and in some cases, that was thanks to prior experience with a mold.)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I loved my Throttlebots as a kid. That Rollbar had no articulation? No sh** given back then, really. He spent most of his time crashing into other toys thanks to his high speed gimmick working in both modes.

• Like Like x 3
  17. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Not sure, but from what I'm seeing here, Optimus has elbows, but no knees... and Megatron has knees but no elbows. :peoples: 

The silhouette of these bots looks okay. In terms of style, they're a bit oversimplified, but acceptable and not bad looking. But they definitely seem overpriced for what they are, and the lack of articulation is definitely a big turn off. Like, literally my buy/not buy equation rests on things like whether a figure has knees/elbows.

I used to see those 80s toy commercials where kids would just simulate toy combat by clashing their toys together, and I thought to myself "So unrealistic! WHAT KIND OF STUPID KID DOES THAT??" Nobody I knew played that way. No, sorry... "dumb babies" played that way, because they didn't know better. Because that's how kids think. :lol 

Meanwhile, my GIJOES were having karate fights, and climbing trees, and crawling through trenches. Even a MOTU figure could do a spin kick if you posed the legs right (similarly, springloaded arms like those on Jitsu and Fisto enabled a pretty sweet backflip - on the other hand, Ram-Man sucked balls). The best Transformers at that time were always the ones at the center of a Venn diagram made up of Articulation, Durability, and Quick Transformation.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... the argument that kids have no critical opinion about toys and no taste is nonsense. When you were a kid, unless you were rich, you made the best of what you had. No question. You played with whatever was available.

But that doesn't mean you couldn't tell a good toy from a lame one, and didn't want the best ones whenever possible.

YES. :music 

I actually SOLD OFF all my early Joes because they couldn't hold their guns properly, and the thumbs were always breaking. According to some people in this thread, having a bunch of GIJOE figures who can't hold an accessory wouldn't matter to "kids" because kids "don't care about articulation, quality, etc..."

Of course, shortly after, they introduced the swivel-arm battle-grip, and started molding the forearms in a softer, less-brittle plastic... so I regretted dumping those early vehicles and stuff. BECAUSE THE TOYS GOT BETTER. Quality matters, even to kids.

Yes... but following that logic, by upping the quality of these toys a bit, they'd have the dollars of all the older kids and adult collectors ALSO.

Compromises made for the sake of the bottom line don't necessarily (and maybe never) result in better toys for the consumer. Assuming that big companies with lots of money always know what they're doing is a dangerous fallacy. If that were true, no product would EVER fail, right?

zmog

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

I just.....Looking at that Megatron...So much lost potential...If they had given him REAL engineering and actual articulation......

I miss the days of Animated and RoTF toys....I miss my Younger days. 10$ Deluxes having more detail, Articulation, and playability than todays 20$ deluxes....

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ateam_WFCTX_117894

Ateam_WFCTX_117894 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So a joint that bends the leg in half - as necessary for his transform - is not a knee. Interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Sometimes the gimmicks get in the way of the toys

• Like Like x 3