Cyberverse toys found at US retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GodzillaHop, Jul 17, 2018.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the process of selling all of my universe/ generations figures from 2008- combiner wars.

Mostly because I don't display anything and I'd rather have money than have them sit in boxes forever. But also because for me the last few years are a RETURN to what's always been best about Transformers: fun, and innovation.

Not only are the newer representations of Generations figures more accurate to G1 (to me) they're simply better toys. I've been Transforming everyone one last time just to get one last experience in and... it's a huge pain.

It isn't fun. So for me I applaud Hasbro for simplifying transformation patterns and revisiting characters. PotP kind of stinks, but CW and TR are essentially a new golden age as far as I'm concerned.

Cyberverse is a filler line. If Hasbro continues more in that style then yeah, it doesn't look great. That size class where the gimmick is the robot's torso basically flips up in vehicle mode looks incredible though. Lol.

• Like Like x 3
  3. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's a filler line? I don't think so. This is replacing nuRiD.

4. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    So, I guess, as far as 'cartoon' lines go we have gone from....I'll just start with Animated...which was fantastic..to prime...which was still pretty great, to RID....losing some traction....to this....time for a new design team....or, better yet...the old one.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Goodness! People comparing this stuff to G1? G1 went on for years and the quality varied more than any other toy line year to year. Some G1 designs are also close to 40 years old, so why compare it? What you should compare it to are modern toys. PotP deluxes run about $17 on store shelves, so if they want to sell these warrior class figures for only a couple bucks less but feature way less parts and articulation, than at least make them more solid or larger. Believe it or not, kids are different. Each one of them! I could handle the G1 toys fine when I was 5, but some of my friends couldn't. I might have accepted some of the figures only having some arm movement, but I was blown away when a figure had more, like Jetfire or Hun-Grrr. It wasn't like I couldn't tell and appreciate the differences in quality. Anyways, in the 80s it was pretty common for figures to have 4 or 5 points of articulation, and Transformers were still infinity more complex with way more parts than most anything else on shelves at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    Unless there's a continuation after this first wave of product then yeah, I would consider it a filler line.

I expect that it'll run for half a year and be replaced by another full series LIKE RID, but I don't see it running past Q4 2018. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. If I'm wrong I'm happy to admit it!

7. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I've never heard of a filler line having a cartoon and website.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CopperPuppet

CopperPuppet Probably a Robot

Since it's tied. to the new cartoon, I think it's safe to assume it's running for a decent length of time after this Wave.

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    It’s even been confirmed to run for two years, split up into a “Chapter 1” and “Chapter 2”,

10. worldsgreatest

News Credits:

Fair enough.

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

12. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    Well I can't properly quote you.

1. Exceptions?! What exceptions?! That toys aren't good quality?! I already said some kids do care about articulation, I don't see what you adding here.

2. Subjective?! Lighter plastics are likely less to be sturdy and clearly the sign of low quality.

3. Now you excuse it with inflation...I thought you said these new toys are good as the G1, what happened?! Speaking of "inflation", I didn't see any similar rise in prices in other plastic products besides toys. These toys are garbage quality compare to G1 and you gotta be blind to think otherwise.

13. Louise Belcher

News Credits:

The movies are stupid and don't help. The problem of TF is that's it's no longer as popular with the kids as in the past and those dumb live action movies are clearly aren't aimed at them, but at some causal movie goers. At this rate TF gonna end up like Gi Joe. Hasbro aren't being "safe" with the budget, their being stupid and cheap for using resources foremost for their "adult collector lines" and those live action movies instead, or in addition to investing in good toyline alongside good cartoon for kids as their first concern.

As Gi Joe proved, mass produced playline can only be sustain for so long by adult collectors only and also CHUG' existence does depened on the regular kids playline!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  14. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Whats funny about that?

You missed my point man, the point is to watch the movies because the more successful they are the bigger the following toy budget will be. ;) 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
  15. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That you're demanding Masterpiece level articulation from a toy aimed at 6 year olds. Seriously, this is Cyberverse we're talking about...the line that that graduates from pre-school Rescue Bots.

And no, kids don't need ankle tilts to enjoy a Transformers toy. They just need to look cool and be cool, either via an interesting gimmick or because the character in the cartoon is awesome - at this level of toy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Louise Belcher

News Credits:
    Only for a while, because the number of toy sales won't change. Hasbro need to realize that the investment in those live action movies, just doesn't worth it.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Dunno if mentioned but my local Target has Ultimate Prime and Megs.

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hasbro literally just revealed new Cyberverse figures that aren't part of wave 1 at SDCC...

19. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Ultras and leaders( I don't know the size name for the bigger ones)? have been found in Illinois have they been sighted yet in the U.S? all credit goes to @DanC if they haven't
    Illinois Transformers Sightings
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    This will be the first time I’ll go into a store and see a brand new line and not buy every figure there. I am still excited beyond belief for new figures in general, but I just don’t want any.. Maybe I’ll get the $30 Optimus and Megatron or something just to fill that itch.