Heavy/Scratch: Cyberverse Shockwave WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Yaujta, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Continuing my tradition of being obsessed with the character, I just had to convert TFP Cyberverse Commander Megatron into my favorite Decepticon of all time.
    These are WIP pics, and there is still a good bit of work left to do. I've also figured out an effective space gun/cannon platform for an alt mode, so I may be building a G1-esque barrel for him. Not sure yet.
    So far, added a ball-jointed head, ball-jointed ankles, hinged hand, and Megatron's (modified) blade for his right arm (not shown).
    Well, here's the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    looks awesomebut the feet seem a bit off

3. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He looks great bro!

If the official TFP SW comes out like this they will bring the character to an awesome level.

Keep it up bro, you never disappoint!

4. Yaujta

News Credits:
    He's still a WIP, and I was considering rounding the feet off a bit to keep the aesthetic going. Right now, they're just Windcharger feet with the long pieces cut off. I was considering adding a toe spike or filling in the side panels. Not sure yet.

I thought you'd like it!

Even though I have a good bit more to do on it, I really can't wait to apply the paint. I've tried to keep a Vehicon appearance to the chest, so to keep with Prime's aesthetics, I'll probably use purples and blacks, with gray as a highlight color.

5. Traachon

Traachon Metamorphing Dudicus

This looks amazing! However, may I please make some constructive criticism/suggestions? May I perhaps suggest that you blend the chest into the top of the shoulders a little, maybe add little riblike things under and parallel to the chest panels, as well as the toe spikes you mentioned and larger knee pads? (And maybe remove some of the more Megatronian details to make him more unique, perhaps?)
    That is, you know, if you want. This is, after all, your custom. Sorry if I'm being too critical , too harsh, and making too many suggestions, but I think he looks amazing as-is, he could just be awesome! :D 

6. Joey_Santana

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, yours is a great color scheme indeed, but I think lavender would be great for the chest piece without losing TFP aesthetics. I love his shoulders and the gun arm and hose and the head is a very clear and direct reference to his DOTM incarnation.

I really doubt Hasbro`s official will be something this awesome, probably they will bring up some stupid and no so coherent concept like Starscream.
    This is probably one of the most interesting pieces I see from you man and give him a great altmode!

7. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Diggin' the suggestions here. I do have more planned for the shoulder area. It isn't noticable in the pics, but there's sculpting that joins the chest and shoulders, sloping them together. I will probably add a panel or two more, just to highlight the area. I'm picking up some textured card tomorrow, so I'll probably have another update in a couple of days.
    I did actually try the chest ribbing, but it didn't look right with the angular chest piece.
    The knee pads are just the base for some small spiked pieces I'm sculpting.

Thanks for the ideas!

You're right about the lavendar. I had planned on silver, but maybe the lighter color there then sparingly throughout would fit the figure.
    Hmmm...

I like the head beeing a combination of movie and Prime styles. I tried the antennas upward and backwards, but the angled forwards style fit the best.

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

MOre pics and color! love it

9. C2567

C2567 Well-Known Member

A halo person died for this custom... :'(

10. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Yes, and it was a horrible, gruesome death at that. Not only was his head and neck torn from his body, but his face was violently stripped away as well.

Oh yeah, a Windcharger was also mutilated and destroyed.
    :ev: 

11. takarei

takarei auto bot wanderer

oh god thats cool. ... feeling urge to rip off concept

12. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    dito

13. Yaujta

News Credits:
    No color yet. He's almost there, though.

Here's an update.
    -I modified the entire chest area. Added to the top of the chest/shoulder area, used textured styrene for the center piece and added ribbing to the lower chest.
    -Changed the feet a bit by adding knight-styled toe spikes, plus sanded down the sides.
    -Built a gun barrel that snaps onto the back with the peg that's already there. It fits quite nicely in both modes.
    -Gap filled the crap out of any tiny part that looked like it needed it.
    I also used a 2000-grit sandpaper for the built edges to make them virtually seamless.
    Going out later to find the right shades to use then the painting will commence. I dont want to go all metallic like my old classics version, but I do want to keep a similarity to the vehicon colors.
    Hmmm...
    Anyway, here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Joey_Santana

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn! You're good bro! Love the altmode!

He seems to be ready now, paint him up!

15. Shinbs

Shinbs Well-Known Member

Man this is just awesome,it really follows the concept of the(good)Prime designs,and the alt mode looks p.cool too.
    I wish the official thing would look similiar to this,but tbh,I'm expecting some wreidass skinny guy with floppy arms ala Soundwave.Oh yeah,and a ridiculous eyebrow over his single eye too.

On another note,damn those commander figure are taller than I thought..

16. Yaujta

News Credits:
    heheh
    I was hoping you'd see the update. Good to know the alt mode works. I found it after fiddling with CC Megatron and stumbling on the space cannon shape.
    Also, if I'd fold the legs down at the thighs, he looks more like a ray gun than a weapons platform.

I'm hoping that if he does show up in Prime that he's more like his TFA self. I kind of liked the spy/assassin characterization. Plus now that Ultra Magnus is getting a commander figure, I'll have to let my Shockwave 'borrow' the hammer and smash the 'bot.

The Commanders are small scout-sized. Shockwave here is slightly taller, due to the ankles.