Cyberverse Scramble City (?!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bagofshhh, May 20, 2011.

1. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place (I was going to post in hidden features, but I wasn't sure if this was also news). Please feel to move this post if needed.

I noticed last night that you can connect BB's Battle Bunker to Starscream's Orbital Assault Carrier by way of a special connector found on each side (left to right, not front to back) of their base modes. Because each has a male and female connector on each end, you could link a whole bunch together in a long chain.

The connectors are very sturdy, and unless you violently snap the whole piece off, should come apart very easily.

I hadn't heard about this feature before, and it isn't mentioned in either set's instructions, but I though it was really neat, and wanted to put it out there if this wasn't common knowledge.

Hopefully future sets will also have this function (especially the Ark) so that we can mix and match sets to make massisve Cyberverse playsets!

I have included a pic of the combined sets (doesn't really look that impressive, but it's a start) and the connectors at work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Every one of the 'playsets' have those connectors, including the Ark (if the pictures are accurate).

I'm honestly thinking Hasbro is aiming at making a lot more smaller-scale figures in the future and re-intruducing base-formers back into the line-up.

3. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Darn it. I was hoping for a news credit. Now I just feel lame... LOL

4. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Awesome, thanks for the info.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, we've known about them connecting for a while now. However it's nice to actually see a picture of it. Should be interesting to see how the other sets look connected to these. There's at least two more on the way.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Megatron and Prime sets are out, but not widely I guess. They each have the connectors as well.

7. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am okay with this. I love the Cyberverse line and legends and mini-con lines. I think it is a shame that hasbro did not try to a base-former feature with the Ark like the old go-bot command centers. It looks like the Ark has a face in base mode right? Even a simple transformation like G1 Grandus would have worked.

I would love to see updates or homages to our dear old friends Metroplex, Trypticon, FT. Max etc etc. I just have to not get my hopes up on this, because it is such a longshot. :cry