Minor/Repaint: Cyberverse Prime Starscream Articulation, and maybe more...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by glaug, May 22, 2012.

1. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

I haven't had any love for the Cyberverse line (or Prime toys in general), but when I saw Commanders for slightly more than half-price locally, I picked up Starscream with a view to modding him into someone or something more interesting. To be honest, he's actually a fairly nice toy, besides the two issues I felt I had to correct: His lack of neck articulation, and his inability to move his ankles to compensate for his hip and knee mobility, which stopped you actually making use of the articulation he DID have.

The neck was just the addition of a Kotobukiya ABS joint, and the ankles are a pair of Yellow Submarine ball and socket joints. I haven't glued the latter in, so I can replace them with grey ones when I get the chance to get at my bits which are in storage. I also cut some small tabs off of his rotating shoulder joints, so that they can move down further than they could before. He still transforms, too!

The original plan was to turn it into a Femmebot of some kind due to the incredibly skinny frame (no point doing Slipstream, since there's a deluxe TFCC one planned...), but now he can actually turn his head and pose with some character, the little guy's growing on me. Taking suggestions on who he could be modded into still though.

Attached Files:

2. maxlovesamber

maxlovesamber TF Addict.

News Credits:
    I vote a total repaint into the Tf Energon "Ghost of Starscream". Still my favorite Starscream to date.

3. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    Seconded