Cyberverse only?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 27, 2012.

?

Cyberverse, Main-line, both?

1. Cyberverse only

16.4%
  2. Main-line only

17.2%
  3. Mixture of both

54.3%
  4. Unsure, waiting for in-person impressions

12.1%
  1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Is anybody else considering going Cyberverse only when it comes to the Prime line? I don't have any major issues with the RID figures, but overall the Cyberverse line is looking like a better option.

They're smaller and cheaper, yet retain a fair bit of molded in and painted on detail for their size. I would be able to build up a roster of characters much faster, and for much less. The inclusion of vehicles and of at least one base-bot certainly helps.

At this much smaller scale, I would be more inclined to create accessories and displays for them. Something I wouldn't have considered for the main-line figures. I would also be more willing to army build, which is something I've never seriously considered before.

Really the only downside is that part of me feels odd abandoning the scale of TF's I'm used to buying. I might also buy a couple of the designs that I absolutely love, like the Vehicons.

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a Cyberverse/Legends fanatic, and although some of the mainline figs look pretty good, I'll probably only get a few of the deluxes and voyagers but all of the Cyberverse releases.

3. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I won't be going the Cyberverse route. But I won't be buying anything larger than a deluxe. Since both Optimus and Megatron are available as deluxes, I can pretty much get all the core characters I want as deluxes. I doubt I'll buy more than 10 figures.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll be going nuts on both the Cyberverse line and the main line. I think both sub sets of the Prime line look fantastic.

5. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll try to pick up whatever I can find...whatever I can afford. I love TF prime...I'm just happy that they are finally coming out

6. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

I only collect main line since I don't really like legends/cyberverse since they are usually not as accurate

7. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Basically, you just summed up my thoughts. As per its original intention, the Cyberverse line is meant to be the line I want to play with, and with no current news of the Movie Trilogy line, this seems to be the only thing I want to spend my (hopefully) huge birthday check on. The Movie verse line is meant to be my main line, while Cyberverse shall be my "play" line; plus, they're cheap enough to satisfy my army-building fetish.

However, possibly the only main line toy I will buy to hang with my Movie toys is the Eradicon and a (hopefully eventual) jet Eradicon.

8. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Besides Wheeljack, Soundwave, and Eradicon, i'm going to focus only on the Cyberverse figures.

9. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'll be getting mostly cyberverse at this point, but theres no way I'm gonna skip PRID Wheeljack and Soundwave. The other PRID figures like cliff and bee look miserable though, so unless they drastically improve in later waves, I'm gonna be skipping a lot.

10. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

You need more options. A "Both, but mostly mainline" or "Both, but mostly Cyberverse." Presenting it as absolutes gives you useless data.

I'm mostly Cyberverse, but I've picked up a couple of mainline DotM figures.

Cyberverse actually has interesting alt-modes (as opposed to the DotM's mainline's CARSCARSCARSCARS mentality). But the few DotM figures that had an altmode that wasn't "car with a giant gun off the side" I bought.

And this for Prime. On the fence on Wheeljack, but Soundwave and Vehicon are bought on sight.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    want the whole TF : Prime Cyberverse Commander and Legion sets. Also need some deluxes like SW/ WJ and Eradicons. For Voyagers, I just pre-ordered the new RID Prime: Bulkhead, and plan to get Megs to complement my (soon to arrive) Takaratomy First Edition Prime.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I love the Cyberverse line, in terms of Prime AND the movie stuff. I'd love to see it continue and integrate other sublines and universes more fully.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly didn't consider those options when creating the poll, which honestly was an after-thought. I figured a poll would help bring in more people to the thread...:eek: 

14. nonexistent

nonexistent Well-Known Member

I have all cyberverse figures from the movie plus army building with the starscream orbital set. I love this line. I also have movie mainline figures. For prime, i will go only with cyberverse as I think the legion and commanders are all great and sufficient to represent the on screen characters. Plus they are cheaper and I can army build my decepticons with the vehicons and also finally having a commander class starscream. I don't have much shelf space left too so choosing this line will help alot.

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I voted "unsure" because while I like what I'm seeing in both lines, I'm definitely getting some Deluxes, and may get a few Cyberverse. I am planning to get the main cast and other favorite characters in Deluxe/Voyager. My "Cyberverse" interests are rather more...piecemeal. In that scale the stylistic differences are a little less obvious, so I may not want a BB or Optimus just cause I already have 'em. Real standouts I might pick up.

16. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'll probably be buying mostly Cyberverse, with a few main line figures here and there. Optimus probably deserves a Leader or the First Edition Voyager and I'll certainly get every Arcee figure there is regardless of size. There are always going to be one or two characters that I love enough to buy main line, who come with good figures. That's why I voted a mixture of both, but Cyberverse is definitely the main focus for me.

17. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    I am going Cyberverse only for Prime. Limited shelf space and more of a Classics-style collector. The Cyberverse figures are just awesome though, and they are pulling me in with prime. If they start doing a Generations Cyberverse line I will be in hog heaven. More I want WfC/FoC than Classics in Cyberverse but both would be amazing.

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm a main line only kind of guy. Although I am extremely tempted by Wheeljacks Ship and the Drill Machine I better stay away or I will open a can of worms.

I may pick up the Optimus Maximus though.

19. conan123us

conan123us Well-Known Member

I am not a big fan of the show so I was originaly only going to just get some of the voyagers. But the cyberverse looks so cool I might just get everything in that line.

20. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    The Cyberverse figures are great, IMO. I have Cyberverse Prime and he is an utter babe.