Cyberverse Legion Evac

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by daytimeninja, May 14, 2012.

1. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now with less blogspam! :D 

Evac is another one of those figures I wasn’t really planning to get since a larger scale version was going to be released eventually. I spotted this guy at Target, and due to how good Cyberverse has been so far in this line, and that this is really the first toy we’re getting from Transformers: The Ride, I couldn’t pass him up for the mere $5.

[​IMG]

Evac’s robot mode is a bit of a mystery to me. The paint is awesome in my eyes (the blue REALLY pops), and the minor details on the torso and legs give him a feel that’s really good for a figure of this size. But like with many other Legion size Transformers, the arms suffer; big time. There is articulation in the knees, and while this is a great feature that’s been standard on this size for a while, the arms really keep this figure from being one of the best Legion size figures in a while. It’s not just the no articulation thing either. They look very bulky with kibble that makes them look like wings, and of course having as much movement as a plank of wood doesn’t help. The head sculpt is really accurate to what we’ve seen of Evac so far from the ride, as well as the deluxe figure prototype shots. It’s nothing life changing, but it’s very well done for something that’s so small.

[​IMG]

Evac’s alt mode looks to be a Cybertronian car (not clear on where Transformers: The Ride takes place, so it could just be a futuristic earth car), and it does a very nice job of being just that. Like stated before, the colors are very nice, and the blue goes very well with the all black wheels. The wheels go very well with the overall aesthetic of this toy, and having the rear set be a bit larger than the front really gives it a unique feel in separating it apart from the typical Legion classes we’ve seen so far this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall, Evac is definitely a toy I would pick up. Despite the downfalls in robot mode with the arms, the figure has some excellent detail in both modes, and not to mention the colors. This guy is definitely something good to hold me over until the exclusive toys hit Universal, and if you see Evac at retail, I’d definitely give him a shot.

[​IMG]

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Question: Does he come with the blue boosters? Or just the red blaster?

And the alt mode looks so awesome. I need this. Now.

3. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The blue boosters are from Cyberverse Commander Ironhide. He just comes with the red blasters (which are the same as the ones that come with legion Arcee and Bumblebee.)

I picked him up along with Breakdown and Mirage a couple weeks ago, and he is a really nice little figure other than the floppy chest and lack of elbow articulation. Although the elbow thing is pretty normal for legion figures so I can't hold it against him. (They can't all be legion Cliffjumper.)

The vehicle mode is definitely the best here. The card calls it a "super car" but whatever it is it looks really slick looking. And since the deluxe isn't going to get a mass release I am content with him as is.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the "new" review! :thumbs2: 

I love legends/legions and this one looks to be pretty kick ass. I really dig the front guns in the chest. looks cool as hell.

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    This should help me get over my movie withdrawal a little bit :) 

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Evac's alt mode is the selling point for me. I absolutely love the Cybertronian super-car, and with the thruster hanging off the back it makes one really fun vehicle.
    The bot mode is okay, but the lack of a tabbing chest is irritating.

7. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I forgot to mention the floppy chest! Take Thelonicon's word for it. The chest is a bit hard to keep locked down.

8. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I wasn't too hot on Evac when I first got him, but he's really grown on me.
    I'd even buy a repaint if they decided to go all crazy and release one in a Hot Rod deco...

9. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Evac is actually the winner of this second wave of TF Cyberverse toys to me. Between repaints of Soundwave and Sideways as Mirage, and the woefully tiny Breakdown...it stands out as a unique and cool robot as well as vehicle to me somehow.

10. Keiichi

Keiichi Well-Known Member

Like other folks I wish the chest were a bit more secure in robot mode, but my other gripe is that the pins holding the front wheels (aka the wheels on his arms) in place have stressed the plastic around the pinholes when they were inserted. Every Evac I've seen seems to be afflicted by this and you can see it a bit in daytimeninja's pictures. It's not a huge deal, but just a heads up to folks who might be bothered by that.

Aside from those minor quibbles I really like Evac. I too am absolutely enamored of his different wheel sizes, I dunno why but it's just so nice haha. The vehicle mode in particular is just so cool looking, sort of reminds me of something out of Back to the Future Part 2. Really like all the detail on his front (are they guns? air intake? headlights? whatever they are they look great, haha) and his pseudo-spoiler plus thruster in the rear.

11. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Hey, Universal--could we get a repaint of this (or the large one) as the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man ride vehicle?

Orlando Theme Park News: Inside Spiderman's queue

I really like that the vehicle mode has the huge windshield representing the rider area.

12. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone take a pic of him with Breacher, they look like bros.

13. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I love ths guy. hes so fun. and a sext vehicle mode. Hew acting as my Classics Roller though

Attached Files:

14. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Cyberverse Completionist

News Credits:
    Heard that some people were having rust issues with Evacuated.

15. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh? Bet that post came from a cell phone that auto corrected.

Evac so far is tied with Arcee for Legion of the year. TFmation does nothing new, but the detail is astounding for such a tiny fig.

Car mode is slick as all hell. LOVE the guns and rocket motor on back. Bot mode is nuthin but net...

Even if you dont collect legions..this one is worth picking up, along with Arcee.

16. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Cyberverse Completionist

News Credits:
    Yep. I phone failed me at the end....:eek: lol