Cyberverse commanders appreciation / are they all as good as Powerglide & Blackout?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, May 17, 2011.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not a huge movieverse guy, but I planned on picking up Powerglide for the g1-related-ness. When I found him this morning they had a Blackout that looked pretty cool to. Once I got home and opened them up, I was pleasantly surprised! I might have to pick up a few more of these along the way. They're more complex than some deluxes and have a great deal of detail!

I do have the preview prime, and while I'm not a huge fan of the new "abs" design, he's still stunningly complex for such a small fig.

So for those of you who've picked up the other ones, how do you like 'em? I was looking at Sentinel and Ironhide, but I'm holding off cause I've already blown my budget for toys for now, ha.

2. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the preview Prime and he's meh, but I really like the way Ironhide looks.

3. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Cyberverse Sentinel is really cool! He's got a quite a punch for a small size. Sweet thing about him is that he comes with his shield and blade/sword. Not many "legend" size class come with accesories and these are among the best..

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

My personal favorites in order:
    Powerglide
    Blackout
    Ironhide
    Optimus Prime
    Sentinel Prime

5. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Megatron is a solid, well done figure. I'd say he and Blackout are my favorites. Both have transformations that are complex yet not frustrating. I'm still amazed by how large Blackout's alt mode is.

6. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    Yeah, and while the scorponok included is a little useless while attached to the copter, ITS A CUTE SQUISHY SCORPONOK! So what's not to love?

Also: wasn't there a cyberverse Optimus with a trailer? When is that supposed to come out?

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Ironhide and Blackout have extraordinary detail, although Ironhide's arms suck. Sentinel is fine, but isn't as intricately sculpted. They gave him height instead. Powerglide is very nice all around.

Yeah, Megatron too. I didn't find them, so I think stores just aren't carrying them yet or they weren't put out. BBTS and HTS have them.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  8. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw both Prime and Megatron trailers yesterday, but passed. Kind of regret it now, but they'll be available soon enough.

9. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

senitinel prime is legit. I am surprise at how good the face accuracy is.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Preview Prime is a little eh because of the legs, gonna open Powerglide and Blackout when I get the chance. Definitely picking up Hatchet when he comes out, and maybe Guzzle if he looks as cool as he sounds.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Powerglide is OK... Blackout... would be fine if his frelling blades weren't all bent and warped. Ironhide has crappy arms and loose legs. Sentinel and Optimus are the only ones without issues for me so far. Unfortunately, it's soured me on the others. I had the bigger Prime and Megatron sets in my hands today, but I put them back and got Topspin instead. So far I love the Voyagers and Deluxes I have (Shockwave, Megatron, Topspin, Roadbuster, Starscream).

12. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i wound up with all but megatron yesterday. they are all cool. not as cool as perfect effect stuff, but cool and a step up from legends.

13. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    After I posted here I saw the Optimus/Megatron with trailers, which are the second wave of the sets that are out now of Bee and Starscream. So is the megatron in that set the same as the single-pack megs thats out now just with a bigger trailer? I might wait on him and get the big one, if that's the case...

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Cabs are identical (maybe some deco changes, can't remember); Prime ditches his jetpack and guns for a trailer and Megatron his mini-tank-guns for a trailer as well.

15. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

Skyhammer is pretty awesome.

16. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    Sweet!

17. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I got preview prime. he not bad i just think his arms are to small or his legs are to long.

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I like Ironhide, but not as much as Prime. It's the arms. I just wish it was designed where the arms could do more than just sit relaxed. Prime is made of legs but it doesn't really bother me too much. I'd still recommend Ironhide but not over Blackout, Powerglide or Megatron.

19. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

yeah fourthed on ironhide's arms, they're awful. the ball joints point directly backward so you can't raise the arms forward at all but only flap like a bird, and they pop off from ball joints way too easily.

20. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Picked up Megatron and Sentinel Prime for my daughter yesterday, and Powerglide for me. Powerglide is OK, Megatron is about the same. Sentinel Prime is by far the best of the Cyberverses I have (to include Preview Prime) - good transformation, and cool accessories.

When transforming Megatron into bot-mode, I usually snap both halves of the fuel tank around his right arm to make a fusion cannon - anyone else doing this?