Cyberverse Commander Guzzle

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by PlanckEpoch, Aug 28, 2011.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Heyo folks. I saw Guzzle today and he was immediately bought. I love the Cyberverse Commander line...the only one that has disappointed me so far is Sentinel Prime. Anyways, I felt that it is pretty tough to top Hatchet, and Guzzle comes close but just misses the mark a little bit.

Guzzle appears to be an M1 Abrams tank as opposed to the Challenger I tank from the G1 toy. After getting Hatchet, I was a bit disappointed that he is small just like the other CC figures. A tank much closer to the scout size like Hatchet would've been awesome, but alas it isn't so. He's a pretty solid tank, but he doesn't have a rotating turret due to the transformation. His gun neither rises or lowers. In alt mode, due to the pieces of the side that fold onto the shoulders, there's noticeable hinges on either side of the tank.

In this mode he's got two guns on top that form his weapon in robot mode. A triple tube missile pod and some kind of smaller cannon on top that looks like a tremendously over-sized mounted GL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's pretty bland in this mode considering that he's a military vehicle, but his smoke launchers are in silver and his tracks and road wheels are painted in this grey. He has a box with stripes on it, the designation "C-313," and a white chevron on the front that is often seen on real life tanks. Other than that, not much to say about this mode. I do like it despite the faults on this mode, being a fan of military vehicles myself. In this mode, it's a worthwhile addition.

The Robot mode is pretty simple, and looks really beefy and tough. He's got a blue face and yellow chest, like his G1 toy, and the instructions tell you to swing the gun down over his back, but I like it sticking up as it makes it look like the G1 counterpart. Tan is also visible, and the grey becomes more prominent, giving him a much more interesting color scheme here. The robot legs lacks in articulation however, as his legs don't really have a knee joint, so he's more like a traditional Legends/Cyberverse Legion figure. His arms are pretty loaded with articulation though, and he can cross his arm over his chest to hold his rifle two handed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, the figure is small in alt mode, and is also small in bot mode. Again, I wish that he was more in size with Hatchet, but ultimately this doesn't really bother me too much. Here's a size comparison with Windcharger again.

[​IMG]

To conclude, Guzzle is a great Cyberverse Commander. This is my favorite line from DOTM hands down, and if you love this line too, don't miss out on Guzzle.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hmm, so he really is big for a Commander class after all... :) 

3. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The knees aren't perfect, but with the articulated feet, he's still able to pose pretty well.

4. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the Cyberverse Commander figures line and Guzzle is a definite buy for me. But unlike with Powerglide, I'll bide my time and wait until distribution is a little better instead of just rushing out and accepting the scalper prices on him. He looks like a fine addition to the lineup!

5. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Guy is smaller than WC, which makes him about the same size as UN Frumble....

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Well, in Guzzle's case, he's supposed to be really short (in LSoTW he looks REALLY short in comparison to the others, his tank cannon is about as long as he is tall and it sticks up from his back like some kind of flagstaff), so I don't find that much of a detriment. It's really more of an accurate detail about him in my book, actually.

But I'm loving the alt. mode and the robot mode is pure win. I so want this guy. Also, if it's not too much to ask, could you provide a pic of him crossing his arms over to hold the gun with two hands? I really want to see that.

7. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Sure! I don't think I really worded that right, so I'm not sure if the pic meets your expectations or not. Also bot mode comparisons with Blackout and Powerglide.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked him up a few days ago. I really like him, but I his transformation is really simple. In comparison to Blackout or Ironhide.

I've gotta break out Perceptor, Kup and Springer now :) 

9. nonexistent

nonexistent Well-Known Member

Is his tank mode almost the same size as legends brawl? They are of the same tank model right? If so, then i think his size is alright. I agree, hatchet is the best commander toy and crowbar the best legion in this line to date.

10. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Considering the limitations of the scale Guzzle looks decent.

I think I may get one to display with my other Wreckers for the time being and then see if iGear make a larger one to go with that headsculpt they showed.

11. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    I don't have Legends Brawl to compare with, but it does appear that he is much bigger than Legends Brawl.

12. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Any pics of him with Cyberverse Bumblebee? Robot and vehicle modes, plz?

13. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Some more pics. I think Guzzle goes well with Flak. Flak seems to be in scale, also. The bottom of the tracks to top of turret on a real M1 Abrams is about 2.88 meters, while the BRDM-2 which Flak is based off of is 2.31 meters. Flak looks taller because of the addition of the turret, but aside from that the sizes look pretty similar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. nonexistent

nonexistent Well-Known Member

Thanks for the wonderful pics, it gives one a clear determinationon scale. He does look small for a commander but I am fine with that. I like my autobots to be smaller compared to decepticons

16. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    I'll start putting up comparison pics of other Commanders too!

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Got him yesterday and he is another very strong entry in the Cyberverse line. I find that his articulation overall is limited due to the way the joints are designed for transformation but he looks awesome in both modes. This is a brilliant homage to guzzle from Last Stand of the Wreckers. A must buy for any wrecker fan and any fan of the cyberverse line!

18. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Guzzle looks great! Just curious, but where did you find him and Flak? I definitely want to get both of those.

19. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    I picked up Flak along with the rest Wave 3 of the Legions way back in June at a Fred Meyers store. Guzzle I found at Walmart.

20. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

Guzzle's transformation and alt mode remind me alot of Universe 2.0's Legends G2 Megatron.